PDA

View Full Version : Bucks have plane trouble for second time in week

Will Galen
02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2329450

Updated: Feb. 13, 2006, 4:40 PM ET
Bucks have plane trouble for second time in week
Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- For the second time in a week, a Milwaukee Bucks chartered flight was forced to land because of mechanical problems.

The Bucks spent Sunday night in New Jersey after their plane experienced vibrations and the crew decided to return to Newark, Midwest Airlines senior vice president Carol Skornicka said Monday.

The snow storm that hit the East Coast did not force the plane to turn around, she said. The cause of the vibrations was not immediately determined.

"Obviously it's a source of great consternation for the Bucks as well as us," she said.

Fewer than 40 Bucks players and staff members were on the flight after the team's game with the Nets earlier Sunday, Skornicka said. The Nets beat the Bucks 94-79.

Midwest sent another plane to Newark to return the Bucks to Milwaukee.

On Feb. 6, a different Midwest charter was forced to land at an airport in Grand Rapids, Mich., because of a mechanical problem with one of the plane's engines. The Bucks were flying from Cleveland to Milwaukee.
--------------

Some teams have team planes. If I was a Milwaukee player I would want my owner buying a team plane.

Let's hope the old saying, "The third times the charm," doesn't come true in this case!

sweabs
02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm reminded of a George Costanza quote, but since I don't remember it verbatim I'll leave it to someone else who knows what I'm thinking of.

Trader Joe
02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Maybe they'll have to forfeit the game on Wednesday cause they can't get here. hehehehehe....

317Kim
02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Forfeit? and miss out if we blow them out? :hmm: All I know is that, DONT LET A PACER GO ON A PLANE WITH THE BUCKS!!!!

Bball
02-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey... I got tix to that game. Bring on the Bucks. Make 'em walk... in the snow... all the way to Indy! ;)

-Bball

Since86
02-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm reminded of a George Costanza quote, but since I don't remember it verbatim I'll leave it to someone else who knows what I'm thinking of.

If the van's a rockin', dont come a knockin'???:)

sweabs
02-13-2006, 09:21 PM
If the van's a rockin', dont come a knockin'???:)

:laugh:

No - I could have sworn a conversation takes place between George and Jerry, where Costanza says something like: "Think about it. You've got all these professional sports teams flying around the country on airplanes. It's truly remarkable that you don't hear of any them crashing - an entire franchise and team, just completely wiped out!"

To which Jerry gives him that blank stare, you know the one he usually gives George..."What the hell is wrong with you?"

Which reminds me of another great quote from Jerry, on George (sorry, had to throw this one out there while I have the chance): "You know, it's a shame his parents didn't get divorced thirty years ago. He could have been normal."

grace
02-14-2006, 12:28 PM
The Bulls had a tone of travel problems last year but they all happened while they were still on the ground.

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 12:37 PM
The Bulls had a tone of travel problems last year but they all happened while they were still on the ground.

Made the rookies sing, and they couldn't carry a tune, huh? (grin)

RWB
02-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Sounds like the Bucks need a Madden mobile.

grace
02-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Made the rookies sing, and they couldn't carry a tune, huh? (grin)

It's the Old English spelling of "ton". :blush: