PDA

View Full Version : Midlife Crisis

Ralph Snart
02-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I think I just figured out what my midlife crisis is going to be: SNOWBOARDING!

I've been watching the Olympics and it looks like a lot of fun. I was a skateboarder/surfer when I was a teenager (I was even sponsored by a local bicycle shop) and I know how to ski, so I figure the learning curve won't be too difficult.

So I told my wife, and she said that as long as it wasn't a woman 10 years younger than me, my midlife crisis can be whatever I want.

So with that subject in mind, what do you want your midlife crisis to be?

Since86
02-13-2006, 01:18 PM
I know how to ski, so I figure the learning curve won't be too difficult.

Thats what I thought too. :shakeshead:

Snowboarding is HARD. Cutting is way different than skiing, but similiar to skateboarding and I'd imagine surfing.

I could cut with my body facing into the slope, but if it was my back I'd just end up falling and turning around.:blush:

Ralph Snart
02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Thats what I thought too. :shakeshead:

Snowboarding is HARD. Cutting is way different than skiing, but similiar to skateboarding and I'd imagine surfing.

I could cut with my body facing into the slope, but if it was my back I'd just end up falling and turning around.:blush:

Well, I know I can still skate (I showed my oldest nephew how to ollie and do kick flips a couple of years ago), and it had been about 15 years since I rode a board, and I could still do it.

I figure it was do this, or start my own fight club in the basement of MCL Cafeteria.

Since86
02-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, I know I can still skate (I showed my oldest nephew how to ollie and do kick flips a couple of years ago), and it had been about 15 years since I rode a board, and I could still do it.

I figure it was do this, or start my own fight club in the basement of MCL Cafeteria.

:laugh: Because of that last statement, I can't wait to be in the middle of my own midlife crisis. It's now given me the will to live the next 20yrs.

Doug
02-13-2006, 02:03 PM
The falls are harder, too. At least for me.

Pig Nash
02-13-2006, 04:35 PM
So I told my wife, and she said that as long as it wasn't a woman 10 years younger than me, my midlife crisis can be whatever I want.

Why not go one for one your own age? or even better one nine years younger? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

btowncolt
02-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Why not go one for one your own age? or even better one nine years younger? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

The state of Virginia may have issues with me approaching 14 year olds.

Well, at least until I get around the areas close to West Virginia........

Pig Nash
02-13-2006, 04:45 PM
:unimpress I was talking to Ralph.

btowncolt
02-13-2006, 04:51 PM
:unimpress I was talking to Ralph.

Damn, I thought I was getting permission.

:creepy:

Ralph Snart
02-15-2006, 01:17 AM

Wow. I knew there was a loophole.