PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Tinsley sitting

bambam
02-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Alot of speculation about Tinsley being moved in offseason to get full value which he is BYC this year (in my understanding is half value if the Pacers were to trade now). OK, so we do trade him now and only get half value, but the team hs to take Cros contract as well. It would be th one way for us to unload his contract. And i like Cro, he comes to work like a pro, but if the Pacers can package and get something, i am all for it.

Also, is Tinsely really hurt that bad? IMO, I dont think he is. The guy comes back and plays and then goes back out. Uh oh, is it Bender in a smaller version? Atleast Bender wanted to play.

Brian
02-13-2006, 03:47 PM
From what Ive heard part of it is that Tinsley doesnt have a good work ethic,comes in out of shape...etc.. But ive heard that Tinsley has been cleared to play at times throughout this season and past seasons,but RC wont play him sometimes.

sweabs
02-13-2006, 03:47 PM
What exactly is wrong with his elbow, anyway?

Bball
02-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Tinsley doesn't sit... he waits..

Or is that Chuck Norris?

-Bball

Ragnar
02-13-2006, 04:35 PM
What exactly is wrong with his elbow, anyway?

I am not sure about the elbow but it was at the same time as the torn bicep.

Rick said in the star that he was holding him out untill he was sure his elbow was healed. That makes me think Tins could go right now but Rick is holding him out. Add to that the announcers saying that Tins and Cro would be back after the all star game.

Basically Jamaal came back early and Rick decided he was not 100% so he took him back out. Its probably better to waite untill he is 100% anyway but I would sure like to see him back on the court. I have been watching some Hornets games to get my fix of good pg play and Paul was even out recently.

Doncikaz
02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Sinuspouttitis not elbow.........

CableKC
02-13-2006, 05:37 PM
I think that in order to get something for trading Tinsley ( during the offseason ) and decided to package a corresponding $$$ Contract, the Pacers will likely get more value if they move Tinsley with Foster ( a decent priced rebounding Big Man that can help out a team without requiring touches and is locked in for another 2 or 3 seasons ).

I don't want to move Foster and/or Croshere.....but if push comes to shove....Foster has more trade value then Croshere mainly due to his reasonable contract ( for a Center ) and what he brings to the floor.

If I had my choice, I would simply move Tinsley by himself and get back any of the following:

- a backup 3rd PG/SG prospect ( that the Pacers can develop behind AJ and Sarunas )
- a backup 2nd or 3rd SG/SF ( that can play both the SG and SF positions ) propect that can either hit the 3pt shot or is a defensive minded perimeter defender ( that can come in as a roleplayer )
- a backup PF/C that simply rebounds, blocks a few shots and can hit the occasional shot from the low block ( that can play behind Croshere but is more of a role player to provide the Pacers with another Big Man )

Depending on the player received....draft picks can be included to balence out the trade. But the main point is that we get back a backup that we can either develop ( but is not good enough to supercede the established backup players like Sarunas, Harrison, Granger ) for the long haul or get a "roleplayer" that can come in immediately to help out.

PacerMan
02-13-2006, 07:38 PM
you guys are funny.

Jermaniac
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Sinuspouttitis not elbow.........Sinuspouttitis or not, Tinsley at 50% > Sarunas at 100%

CableKC
02-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Sinuspouttitis or not, Tinsley at 50% > Sarunas at 100%
The problem is that the only time we see a 50% Tinsley is when its the playoffs.

Jermaniac
02-13-2006, 07:48 PM
The problem is that the only time we see a 50% Tinsley is when its the playoffs.And he saves our *** against the Celtics at 50%

Moses
02-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Tinsley doesn't sit... he waits..

Or is that Chuck Norris?

-Bball
Thats Chuck Norris. Tinsley sits, then gets a staph infection on his left elbow and requires season ending surgery.

rexnom
02-13-2006, 09:57 PM
And he saves our *** against the Celtics at 50% Um...yeah...and now people are claiming we should trade him for a third stringer? What is going on? I'll admit as much as any other guy that he's been injured a fair share the past year or so but a third stringer? What? We're talking about a guy who is extremely good and has proven himself in the open court and in the half court.

i'll just repeat what I said in an earlier post

2005 NBA playoffs...he saved the Boston series, helped us fight Detroit hard...
2004-2005 NBA regular season...For a 15-game stretch when J.O., Jack, and Ron were suspended he upped his game to all-star level while keeping our season afloat while we had players like Tremaine Fowlkes, Britton Johnson, and Marcus Haislip...
2004 NBA playoffs...led us past Boston, Miami, and to a dogfight with Detroit.
2003-2004 NBA regular season...Led us to the best record in the league after accepting an Eddie Gill-like role and being more than professional about it. Proved that he could be a half-court PG as well as a fast-break PG.

I could go on but that's the Rick Carlisle/Larry Bird years...I'm trying to forget Isiah Thomas. Btw, he pretty much played injured through most of the above. His real serious injury was the one suffered in the 2004 playoffs and I contend that that's still a reason we lost to Detroit. Do we have to go through all the misdiagnoses again?

Do people forget these things about Tinsley?

18to88
02-14-2006, 06:58 PM
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2359/neverwalk2qo.jpg

Roaming Gnome
02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
The only way that we trade/get rid of Tinsley is if you bring in a starting caliber point guard. A.J. and Sarunas just wont cut it.

Bball
02-14-2006, 07:24 PM
And he saves our *** against the Celtics at 50%

Tinsley has had some games where he played us right out of them too....even in the playoffs. But keep on remembering one game if it makes you feel better.

-Bball

Jermaniac
02-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Name me some playoff games Tinsley played us out of in the playoffs. **** one game if Jamaal doesnt come back against the Celtics we lose, AJ couldnt bring the ball up against the Celtics let alone run a offense. It wasnt just one game.

Bball
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry, but that year alone he carried us past the C's (I would say he was more imprtant than JO that series, AJ couldnt do **** in that one game. I think he set the records for "8 second" violations in a game by a PG)

He has played stupidly, but if there was one player I had to rely on in the playoffs, it would be Mel-Mel. Even with his injuries. He alone can bring this team from an average team to a contender.

With all of that said, he still has to be able to play in order to do anything.

But for the sake of argument, I will reserve judgement till after the playoffs. If he is able to step in and beast out during the postseason, then I will forgive him for his "in season" injury(ies).

I don't remember him being anything special versus the Pistons last year. In fact, I seem to remember him getting into his game of 'oneupsmanship' against them.

And I still have nightmares from the regular season game (I think it was a reg season game) where he kept clanking 3 pointers. Clank. Clank. Clank.

But yes, Tinsley has had some good playoff games. That wasn't my point. My point was he has dogged some too and he doesn't need to be on a pedestal.

-Bball

Moses
02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't remember him being anything special versus the Pistons last year. In fact, I seem to remember him getting into his game of 'oneupsmanship' against them.

And I still have nightmares from the regular season game (I think it was a reg season game) where he kept clanking 3 pointers. Clank. Clank. Clank.

But yes, Tinsley has had some good playoff games. That wasn't my point. My point was he has dogged some too and he doesn't need to be on a pedestal.

-Bball
Tinsley is that much better then Anthony Johnson. So yes, he should be put on a pedestal above Johnson.

Jermaniac
02-14-2006, 11:31 PM
The guy doesnt have a heart, you know? If Tinsley or Bender had broken feet and couldnt play he would acuse them of stealing money.

Bball
02-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Jermaniac was the only one I thought was putting Tinsley on a pedestal.

I'm not much concerned about Tinsley like I was Bender. I think Tinsley's (Pacer) days are numbered. Plus, Tinsley actually does have a game. It's his head I question. I don't like his demeanor and I don't like the attitude that I've seen him exhibit. Those aren't traits of a winner. They are traits of a whiner.

And he's constantly injured and even if I could overlook the other stuff, he still can't get on the court and perform consistently due to injuries.

I just don't think Tinsley's legend needs to grow while sits on the bench. He's sitting for a reason (because he's injury prone).

I saw a couple of episodes first hand this season and it really soured me on Tinsley. I've went from willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to willing to give him a ride to his next team. And the injury prone'ness' just seals the deal. We cannot have that even if there was nothing else. IMHO....

-Bball

PacerMan
02-15-2006, 09:07 AM
And he saves our *** against the Celtics at 50%

sssssshhhhh, this is about bashing Tinsley.

Logic need not apply.

MagicRat
02-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Jermaniac was the only one I thought was putting Tinsley on a pedestal.

Here's mine.....

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/jtpedestal.gif