PDA

View Full Version : Knicks

PaceBalls
01-21-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm watching the game on espn right now, knicks vs rockets, they look really tough right now in the first Q.

It may just end up Indy vs NYC again in the 1st or 2nd round playoffs, they look like the best team in the atlantic right now.

Ragnar
01-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Oh geee you mean we might have to face a team that Regie just happen to love to kill in the first round. :unimpressed:

Shade
01-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Oh geee you mean we might have to face a team that Regie just happen to love to kill in the first round. :unimpressed:

Can we somehow give them homecourt advantage? :devil:

BigMac
01-21-2004, 10:46 PM

Can we somehow give them homecourt advantage? :devil:

Funny. :laugh:

PaceBalls
01-21-2004, 11:30 PM
hahaha :laugh:
just doing my part to jinx em. They sure have played awful since I posted that in the 1st quarter.

But Houston looks like they are gonna be a tough opponent for the Pacers on friday. We must've had the toughest schedual of anyone the last week or 2.

Shade
01-22-2004, 12:03 AM
I wonder what it's like to be stupid and get paid for it!?! :confused:

Ask ESPN.com editors. :unimpressed:

DisplacedKnick
01-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Bill Walton's an idiot.

Our lineup, as currently constructed, will probably get us into the playoffs in the EC.

Our lineup, as currently constructed, doesn't have a prayer of beating Indy or Detroit in the playoffs - or NJ if they're playing well (they've been playing like crap though so who knows).

We can be dangerous in the open floor and when we're able to do a lot of movement in the halfcourt - especially with Marbury's ability to drive-and-dich. Playoff basketball games are called so teams can cut down on that movement and if you can do that and cut our break down we're dead.

See last night's game for an example.

Shade
01-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Bill Walton's an idiot.

Our lineup, as currently constructed, will probably get us into the playoffs in the EC.

Our lineup, as currently constructed, doesn't have a prayer of beating Indy or Detroit in the playoffs - or NJ if they're playing well (they've been playing like crap though so who knows).

We can be dangerous in the open floor and when we're able to do a lot of movement in the halfcourt - especially with Marbury's ability to drive-and-dich. Playoff basketball games are called so teams can cut down on that movement and if you can do that and cut our break down we're dead.

See last night's game for an example.

I hope you guys can get the #7 seed and whoop the Nets. ;)

That's right. I'm rooting for the Knicks over the Nets. :o

DisplacedKnick
01-22-2004, 12:31 PM
[quote]
I hope you guys can get the #7 seed and whoop the Nets. ;)

That's right. I'm rooting for the Knicks over the Nets. :o

The funny thing is, if the Nets keep going like they have been, I'm not ready to write off our getting the number 2 seed.

We're dangerous to teams who don't play a tough, suffocating defense. The way Marbury draws defenders and is able to hit shooters is a pretty, pretty thing. Won't work against the Pacers but it will against about 20 teams in the league.

edit: I'm actually shooting for the 5 seed. I think we can beat NO - and that gets us against Indy in the second rd. We'll get smeared but that's OK - it'll be two more Knick games I get to see.

ROCislandWarrior
01-23-2004, 12:10 AM
that gets us against Indy in the second rd. We'll get smeared but that's OK

Can you say "Reggie for three"???