PDA

View Full Version : Somethings different about this team....

Bo0MeR
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Besides the obvious improvement in their play. There's something else. This team is playing like a TEAM. I'm actually excited to watch every game, and I really feel this team CAN come together in the post season and do something special. I know they've under achieved the last few years but most of these guiys are players, they give it their all.

Call me a homer, or dislusional, but i suddenly no longer fear detriot or any team. Even if we lose this game to the Spurs, I can say now, and hopefully not prematurely, the NBA needs to watch out for the Pacers, they are officially forreal.

The only wild card is whether Jermaine can fit into this new system, and if carlisle even sticks with it when he's back (I believe the answer is yes to both of these) but regardless this new look team now has impressed the hell out of me so far

Pacersfan46
02-12-2006, 04:06 PM
I won't call you a homer, or dilusional.

You go to North Central. You can't help it. ;)

317Kim
02-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Lawrence North ALLL THE WAAAAYYY! LETS! GO! WILDCATS!

We came within 4 pts of winning. We deserved to win this. We were behind 11-0 then in the 4th we lead by 7 and then a couple of calls and substitutions and a L1 in our column. We play in Motown on Feb 23rd. :gopacers:

rexnom
02-12-2006, 05:11 PM
I won't call you a homer, or dilusional.

You go to North Central. You can't help it. ;)

Hey, hey, hey! No clownin' on NC! I'm an alum too and I happen to agree with my man here. Go Panthers!

I think this team really has turned a corner. I think it's safe to say it after a loss too. Sure, some kinks have to be ironed out. Like the reason we lost this game to the Spurs but I think that come playoff time we are going to be the 2nd best team in the East and right up there with the Heat and Nets. Not to mention giving the Pistons a good fight.

D-BONE
02-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Right on! It's all about the TEAM play and attitude. That's the key. Now, I dunno if I'll go so far as your 2nd best team in the East come playoff time. The potential is there to be in the mix no question, but we've gotta establish slightly longer-term consistency with this new approach, including injured personnel returning and not abandoning this offensive system. I don't know that were too far from that level, but we've gotta prove it the remainder of the regular season first.