PDA

View Full Version : Does Peja + Jax = Reggie + Jalen?

abington
02-11-2006, 10:00 PM
When we first made the Artest trade, I figured having Peja and Jackson on the same team would not work as they both play the same position and would not really compliment each other.

Watching this new team play, which has been a ton of fun, has obviously reminded me of last year's post brawl team, but also having 2 deadly shooters from the wing is also starting to remind me of the 2000 team and Reggie and Jalen. And that team was pretty tough.

I guess Im wondering if anyone else sees that parallel?

BlueNGold
02-11-2006, 10:37 PM
When we first made the Artest trade, I figured having Peja and Jackson on the same team would not work as they both play the same position and would not really compliment each other.

Watching this new team play, which has been a ton of fun, has obviously reminded me of last year's post brawl team, but also having 2 deadly shooters from the wing is also starting to remind me of the 2000 team and Reggie and Jalen. And that team was pretty tough.

I guess Im wondering if anyone else sees that parallel?

I see the parallel, but I would take Miller and Rose in their prime over Peja and Jack. Miller is in a different league IMO. He is an assassin....but we are lucky to have two potent offensive weapons in Peja and Jack.

Moses
02-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Peja and Jack have better defense. Stephen Jackson alone has better defense then those 2 combined.

Offensively, Reggie and Jalen were better.

Jon Theodore
02-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Although Reggie has been seriously underrated defensively throughout his career, I have to agree with Moses.

Pig Nash
02-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I dont know about that part. I think Reggie was a very under-rated defender.

I wont get into Jalen. I just choose not to at this time (kind of like how Jalen chooses not to play defense on 85% of his plays)

OH SNAP! And it makes the exact point I was going to make. Well played, VA, well played.

Trader Joe
02-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I think this is a decent comparison. I don't think talent wise there is really that much of a difference. Mentality wise tho, Reggie was just absolutely ice cold.

Pig Nash
02-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, those guys are funny.

FUNNY LOOKING!!!!ONE111111111LOLZ

grace
02-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Does Peja + Jax = Reggie + Jalen?

No. Next question.

D-BONE
02-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I can see the comparison to a degree. Don't think Jack and Peja are better. However I do agree that Reggie was a bit underrated on D. That said, Jack is still a significantly better defender than all the other three. Too bad one of the current duo isn't southpaw. That would be a cool peripheral-type similarity.

Shade
02-12-2006, 12:00 AM
No. Next question.

You're gonna be a ton 'o fun at the party. :laugh:

No, Peja and Jack are not on near the same level as Reggie and Jalen in their primes. Check with me again when they hit a 40-40 game in the playoffs.

Harmonica
02-12-2006, 02:34 AM
No. Next question.

Old school.

denyfizle
02-12-2006, 03:29 AM
the similarities are there, but the disparity is overwhelming.

Peja < or = Rose then ;
Jack <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< x 99 Reggie

Moses
02-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Just for clarification purposes, that is 40 points, not 40 "techs"
I was about to say, Stephen can do that by himself.

And if Dick Bavetta is reffing, Peja may even pick up a few just for looking his way.

BoomBaby31
02-12-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't know if they exactly = Uncle Reg and Jalen but, they are fun to watch like them. Reggie is on his own level period, his D was highly under-rated but, there was players that hated him gaurding them like kobe and even Jordan. Peja is a HUGE addition to our team he is truly an Indiana player, with that jump shot and can take it in to the paint as well. Even if Artest wasn't a big A$$ I would take Peja over Artest anyday.

KEEP THE WIN STREAK UP..... BEAT THESE SPURS :)

piksi
02-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Peja < or = Rose then

I don't think so

Not even close

Kegboy
02-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I was thinking along these lines at first, if for no other reason than how Rick would utilize them. But they're too different. Peja is not the one-dimensional player on offense I thought he'd be. He's got a greater skillset to draw from. Hell, he's even created off the dribble a couple times.

Thankfully, Rick chucked the 2000 playbook and is running motion instead. Now, a good deal of that may have been because of AJ and Cabbage. I'm interested in how Rick will integrate Jamaal over the ASB.

pacers31tc
02-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Only in my dreams...sigh...

We did bring it today though, just couldn't pull it out. I'm proud of the boys.

Stojakovic
02-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Jalen Rose is better than Peja Stojakovic ? What ?!?!

ChicagoJ
02-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Peja and Jack have better defense. Stephen Jackson alone has better defense then those 2 combined.

Offensively, Reggie and Jalen were better.

I've never seen that. I think SJax is an average defender at best.

Jalen, although he only played defense 15% of the time, could certainly play excellent defense during that 15%. That's what drove everyone bonkers. He *could* do it, he just didn't.

02-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Jalen Rose is better than Peja Stojakovic ? What ?!?!

Exactly!? Peja is way better than Jalen and will be even better... Peja is very similar to Reggie, but without the leadership, without the clutch, without the assassin talents, without that "Psychological Warfare" mouth... (wow i guess they are not even slightly similar afterall! :D)

Nice avatar btw! :D