PDA

View Full Version : Player I'm most impressed with lately..

Moses
02-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Stephen Jackson.

I don't know if that fall onto his back changed the way he thinks about the game, but it seems lately that Jax is playing with alot more chemistry in regards to the other players on this team. For the past 2 games, he hasn't been the black hole, rather he's been a great offensive contributor even when he isn't the one who scores. Him and Peja are clicking and running on all 4 cylinders together and they are constantly finding eachother wide open on the perimeter or down low in the post.

If Stephen Jackson continues to play smart and JO and Tinsley sucessfully integrate back into this style of offense, I think this team is better then the 2004 team in the playoffs 2 years ago and we have a great shot at taking the East. Barring any unforseen injuries and/or suspensions that is. :D

All the guys deserve praise because they have all stepped up. When the starters don't step up the bench does and vice versa.

I don't want to get my hopes up to much, but winning 4 games straight in blowout (Excluding the Pistons..but a win against them in itself is good enough whether it's by 11 or 1) fashion can do that to you.

Yes, I do realize I made a thread on Pollard just 2 nights ago. I guess I've been impressed with alot of players lately..UB already has a thread on AJ so I figured I'd start my own.

Jon Theodore
02-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I am totally shocked. I honestly expected Peja and Jackson to "clash." But they seem to have better chemistry than anyone on our team. They are quite the duo.

LAPacer
02-11-2006, 12:52 AM
I agree, Jack has been the only guy to start every game this year. He has shown that when JO is out, he can easily put up 20 points when we need him as a primary scorer.

Unclebuck
02-11-2006, 12:59 AM
The key thing with Jax is that he's playing differently, not just better. Why is he playing differently. That is the question I wonder about. He and Peja have great chemistry together. Not sure why

Jermaniac
02-11-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm loving Jack and Peja together, Jack and him really seem to be like playing with each other, and they are always talking on the court. They have very good chemistry, and Jack is passing the ball alot now too. The after the brawl Jack is back and I love it.

SoupIsGood
02-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Yes, this is the Jack I liked so much last year. Finally.

piksi
02-11-2006, 01:07 AM
The key thing with Jax is that he's playing differently, not just better. Why is he playing differently. That is the question I wonder about. He and Peja have great chemistry together. Not sure why

Pedja gets along with everybody but I think/hope that they are both tired of losing.

Gamble
02-11-2006, 01:46 AM

When looking at Jackson in Atlanta it took awhile for him to gain
his confidence. By mid season Jax was a monster and my take on
many emotional players is that they have to have stability.
When was the last time you could say stability and the Pacers in the
same sentence.

dannyboy
02-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Post game quotes from Pacers.com:

WARRIORS COACH MIKE MONTGOMERY <table align="left" width="65"><tbody><tr><td>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/mike_montgomery.jpg</td></tr></tbody></table>
“It was a strong comeback but we just ran out of gas. The problem is we trailed early and we were coming back. One thing is, our guys didn’t quit. We cut it down to 91-90 and we just couldn’t make the big plays while Indiana made the big shots down the stretch. Statistically speaking, I don’t even know how we were in the game when our guys weren’t playing well."

(On Stephen Jackson) "Jackson is a tough match-up for us and we can’t guard him. Jackson put us in our place and they just keep getting him the ball and he made big shots all night long."

(On Anthony Johnson and Peja Stojakovic) "Johnson played big for them and Peja is big for them and creates another dimension for them offensively. I think it’s mental for us. Indiana has a great coach and what really hurt us was Anthony Johnson having a big game. And that really was the difference for us, especially with his big shot in the closing minutes. We missed open shots, which we should make. Offense is rhythm and movement, which we couldn’t establish tonight. Our problem is we lack pure shooting and I really consider Peja to be a pure shooter.”

Kegboy
02-11-2006, 05:11 AM
I've been very surprised how well Jack has acclimated to this offense. He's passing so well I may have to rethink the whole "Blackhole Jr." tag.

D-BONE
02-11-2006, 07:38 AM
I would even go so far as to say that, in the current win streak, Jack appears to have assumed a central leadership/energy role on the team. He may not be a superstar, but when focused, he really contributes in all facets. The points already mentioned about the team finally stabilizing and people just be tired of losing are major motivations IMO. And he had a couple sweet dimes to Sarunas, so we can put any lingering freeze out conspiracies away. Just another example of the team coming together from a dynamics standpoint.

SoThenRobbieSaid
02-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I can't say it's Jackson individually, but how you guys noticed how most of the guys are giving each other fives after buckets? I think that's cool, and it really shows that they are enjoying playing as a team.

aceace
02-11-2006, 09:54 AM

Maybe the fact that #23,91,15,93 is now gone. UB you posted an article about how that same guy started fights in practices over nothing. Peja opens up the offense by being such an outside threat, maybe moreso then Reggie because Peja is 6'10 and more difficult to stop/block.(Reggie if you read this your still my hero and favorite Pacer) He also has more of an inside game then I remember. I think Walsh/Bird holding out proves once again why they are running things and the Pacers Digest crowd is not. I humbly apoligize to them both for questioning their ability. The wait was worth it. Maybe Jax is more happy that its not dribbled down the floor and lobbed to JO while everyone else watches.

Ragnar
02-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Could it be that just like EVERY OTHER PACER Jack is just more suited to this style of offense than the crap Rick was shoving down our throats untill J.O. went down?

Pacesetter
02-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Well .... Jackson DID hit his head on the court that game! roflmao!!! :boxer: :chuckle: