PDA

View Full Version : Can we win Sunday?

SoupIsGood
02-10-2006, 11:40 PM
I know the Spurs have been winning a lot lately, but I wonder if they have been playing at their sharpest. Has anyone watched them much recently? Do we have a shot at this game?

I think we might steal it :pray:

Jon Theodore
02-10-2006, 11:42 PM
With the momentum we have, I expect it to be a VERY good game. Our home crowd hasn't been this energized in a while and EVERYBODY is playing with passion.

You really got to like our chances. IF we can beat Detroit and then the Spurs, it's time to start realllly being excited.

denyfizle
02-10-2006, 11:42 PM
most definitely

SoupIsGood
02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Oh, I forgot it was a home game! We defintely have a great chance at this, then. I think it will go down to the wire.

Kstat
Normally I;d say no, but the Spurs are beyond due.

piksi
If Your bench shows up - You got a chance

317Kim
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Of course we can win. :D :grinyes:

FreshPrince22
02-10-2006, 11:45 PM
As long as JO does play.

oops. Did I say that? Anyways, please do. It would be much appreciated.

Pacersfan.
02-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Definetely. After all, we have the Duncan stopper...Fiesty!

Shade
02-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Maybe. Depends on Duncan's availability. We usually play the Spurs tight, though, so it should be a close one either way.

Let's ride a winning streak into the break! :)

piksi
02-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Get ready to curse at the refs when Pedja gets hit by Bruce over and over again and the refs just ignore it

Believe_in_blue
02-10-2006, 11:55 PM
If we can win sunday and ride a streak into the break then we'll be setting ourselves up for a great second half. Pistons comeing back to town, retireing Reggies number, JO getting healthy, playoffs. . . this year may not be a complete bust like I orginally thought.

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Of course. Any team can win on any given night. Atlanta has proven that.

Shade
02-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Get ready to curse at the refs when Pedja gets hit by Bruce over and over again and the refs just ignore it

And Tim gets touch foul after touch foul after touch foul... :rolleyes:

I'm pissed already. :pissed:

piksi
02-11-2006, 12:02 AM
And Tim gets touch foul after touch foul after touch foul... :rolleyes:

I'm pissed already. :pissed:

So, You guys are already familiar with that drill.

Should make the transition easier.

Don't underestimate the touch fouls and the flops on Manu and Parker

Trader Joe
02-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah Bruce knows how to do the dirty work on jump shooter just ask Ray Allen. I just hope he doesn't do his patented step under their foot on a jumper and sprain their ankle move. I'll be at the game and I am taking a buddy that has NEVER seen the Pacers lose live. So, I think we can pull this out. Games between us and SA are always tight so we can do it.

Lord Helmet
02-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Really all the Spurs need to do is run that same isolation play with Duncan everytime on offense.

If Tim gets touched just the littlest a foul will be called.

Unclebuck
02-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Parker is the key to that team. If the pacers can do a decent job keeping him out of the lane without leaving other players open, Pacers have a good chance.

piksi
02-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Parker is the key to that team. If the pacers can do a decent job keeping him out of the lane without leaving other players open, Pacers have a good chance.

Sarunas sure can not guard him. He never could

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-11-2006, 12:54 AM
We always play real good against the Spurs for some reason. Every Spurs/Pacers game Ive been able to watch I think we won, at least in the last few years.

Duncan always struggles against us, mostly because of Foster. I think Duncan has repeatedly said that Jeff is the toughest player to defend him.

So I have good faith.

D-BONE
02-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Ditto limiting Parker's penetration. Ditto Foster on TD. Ditto Bowen on Peja. Double Ditto on Manu drawing fouls. I like Manu (lefty, foreign, Argentine-che), except when he plays us. Then I realize how many travels and swim moves he gets away with on offense. Not to mention his hyperbolic flopping on D. Give that gaucho an Oscar already and let's beat their arse on national TV! Everybody's gotta bring it on Sunday for us to have a shot at the W.

DeS
02-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Sarunas sure can not guard him. He never could
On the other hand Sarunas outplayed him in a semi-final game at Euro championship. I think he also hit clutch (game winning) shots comming from behind in the last minute (in a similar manner as with USA NT, although that game was closer). Not saying that he will be better now - just for a record.

SoThenRobbieSaid
02-11-2006, 09:36 AM
You know who we need to hope has a below-average game to win? Van Exel and Parker. You saw what Davis was doing to AJ last night, and they're both quicker than Baron is.

piksi
02-11-2006, 11:20 AM
On the other hand Sarunas outplayed him in a semi-final game at Euro championship. I think he also hit clutch (game winning) shots comming from behind in the last minute (in a similar manner as with USA NT, although that game was closer). Not saying that he will be better now - just for a record.

2 things

first Lithuenia plays zone and France is a terrible shooting team

this is NBA and it is a different game

Pacesetter
02-11-2006, 11:20 AM
The Pacers will win Sunday if they come to the game ready to do whatever it takes to win. Will they get out on the floor after loose balls? Will they come to the house 5 hours before tip to shoot free throws. Will they sacrifice to set picks for their teammates to get open? Will they be ready to take the charge and draw the fouls? Will they do absolutely everything within their power to win the game? If the answers to all of these are yes, the Pacers will win by 12!

Go Pacers!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Moses
02-11-2006, 11:25 AM
The Pacers always play the spurs close. The Spurs play a similar style (half-court sets) we did when we had JO and Artest which is why we used to match up with them so well because we played how they did. Their game plan is going to be to run their half-court offense to get back on defense so we can't get going in any fast breaks. There will be alot of contested shots in this one but after watching the Warriors game last night and seeing contested shot after contested shot getting in the bucket, I'd say we have a good chance to take this. Not to mention we are playing at home.

Harmonica
02-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Normally I'd say no, but the Spurs are beyond due.

Wouldn't have anything to do with how we're playing lately, now would it? :unimpress

Kstat
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't have anything to do with how we're playing lately, now would it? :unimpress

The way you're playing lately gives you a chance. If you hadnt won 4 straight I wouldnt have considered the possibility.

Bball
02-11-2006, 03:36 PM
The way you're playing lately gives you a chance. If you hadnt won 4 straight I wouldnt have considered the possibility.

Kstat Translation:
Since the Pacers beat the Pistons I suppose anything is possible.

:tongue:

-Bball

Lithfan
02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Sure we can, but what are the keys?

1. 3-pt% above 40
2. D on Parker
3. Jax and Peja above 40 points, 50%+ FG
4. Pacers bench 30 points +

Peck
02-11-2006, 04:42 PM
If David Harrison can play like he played vs. Detroit & stay out of foul trouble we can win.

If he get's in early foul trouble & can't play we are in trouble.

Granger will also be key.

Oh hell, the entire bench will have to be on again for us to do anything.

D-BONE
02-12-2006, 10:32 AM
If David Harrison can play like he played vs. Detroit & stay out of foul trouble we can win.

If he get's in early foul trouble & can't play we are in trouble.

Granger will also be key.

Oh hell, the entire bench will have to be on again for us to do anything.

Right on! Bench don't fail us now. Might as well just say EVERYBODY needs to be on. Does anybody get the feeling this is a pivotal game for us? Wins, despite being at home, over the Pistons and Spurs in essentially a week's time really could do a team's psyche good and possibly really catapult us on a strong second-half run. And minimum if we lose, we've gotta play well and be competitive to keep up our momentum. Win or lose, we need a top-notch performance.

Moses
02-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Well, one of two things need to happen in order for us to win.

We dominate the boards like we did in Detroit....

AND/OR

Our Bench and Starters shoot lights out. This is a pretty big game for us because we can keep our momentum going into the all-star break and prove alot of things to many different people about our team. The Spurs are overdue for a loss.