PDA

View Full Version : It's time to give props to AJ and Jack

Shade
02-10-2006, 11:37 PM
As much as I've ragged on them, they've played very well recently. Major props to both guys for stepping up big. PLEASE keep it up. :pray:

denyfizle
02-10-2006, 11:38 PM
props... for now. i still need more consistency.

SoupIsGood
02-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Yup, I generally don't like AJ's game, but he has been great lately. WTG AJAY!!

Ragnar
02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Clearly they both play better and are happier in this offense. Great game from both of them tonight. I thought AJ's best game of his career was the other night against Detroit but I am pretty happy with tonight too.

Jermaniac
02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
ACTION JACKSON IS BACK BABY

Evan_The_Dude
02-10-2006, 11:45 PM
AJ was on one tonight. Jackson was just playing with rhythm. When Jackson does that he usually has a good shooting night.

Fireball Kid
02-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I just wish Jackson could have games like this all season. AJ had a nice game too.

317Kim
02-10-2006, 11:46 PM
:bowdown: They really set the tone to this game early and AJ hit a big 3 towards the end while Jack hit some FTs.

Roaming Gnome
02-11-2006, 12:46 AM
As much as I've ragged on them, they've played very well recently. Major props to both guys for stepping up big. PLEASE keep it up. :pray:

Yeah, I do feel like a schmoe for doggin Jax so much. I recently caught myself thinking that maybe he can be an asset for this team after all, then I realized who we have played in this streak of good fortune for Jax....

1 great team
2 mediocre teams
1 lousy team
All at home...

Frank Slade
02-11-2006, 12:58 AM

Yes I was thinking of posting the exact same thread,, I really have never warmed up to Jax until lately.. God if he can just keep it up..."it" being great atitude, great shot selection. driving when needed.. cheering from the bench.. just being a great team player... I must say at this time anyway,,, I could very soon be a converted Jax Hater.....keep it up...

and Yep AJ is looking like the AJ from last year but better... keeping within the flow of the offense, hitting shots when we need them...... doing whatever we ask of him....a pro's pro.

317Kim
02-11-2006, 01:03 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/johnson_330_060210.jpg

AJ. :)

Gamble
02-11-2006, 01:26 AM
If they keep it up than great. If not then atleast Donnie can get some
return on his generosity.

Big Smooth
02-11-2006, 01:35 AM

Anthony Johnson has played far better over the past 2 seasons than anyone had any right to expect.

Regarding SJax; why do people hate him? He is as loyal a team player as you could ever hope for, he played a key role in the Spurs winning their 2nd title and he has only been pushed to the forefront in Indiana due to suspensions/injuries.

I mean honestly, Reggie had his share of cold shooting nights. Shooters will be shooters, they run hot and cold but generally speaking, you want them to remain confident. Somehow I don't think Reggie would be criticized for taking the same shots as SJax. The man came here as perhaps the 6th man and was forced to become a primary scorer due to circumstances beyond his control. IMO, he has adjusted about as well as you could expect and given the team a boost.

Raskolnikov
02-11-2006, 03:03 AM
And let's not forget they played one of the best backcourts in the nba in Davis and Richardson. While those two didn't really have a strong game, Johnson and Jackson both stepped up majorily. (Haven't seen the game yet, just looking at the box score, which, although it can be misleading, does give an indication of what really happened)

Will Galen
02-11-2006, 06:10 AM
If Jax would turn off all the yapping, I seriously think he would be a fan favorite.

Shack80
02-11-2006, 07:19 AM
I have to agree with the OP, I am no fan of Jax, but he has stepped up. AJ, well damn, I was flat out wrong, he is a legit PG. I like this team we have right now. It might not win a championship, but hell this is fun.

BlueNGold
02-11-2006, 05:32 PM
If Jax would turn off all the yapping, I seriously think he would be a fan favorite.
That is a huge part of it. ...and his scowl is not a pleasant sight.

Nobody likes a whiner. Losers whine. Winners shut the hell up and get back on D. If he does that, everyone would love him and would buy more Pacers merchandise...;)