full list released TONIGHT

Kstat
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Tony Parker in

Camby out
Carmelo out

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

full list released TONIGHT

Nobody from the Northwest division should make the all-star team.

Yeah I know Carmello has his team in 1st, but he also has his team 1 game out of 10th place.

I kinda feel bad for Camby, but damn, that dude has missed way too many games.

As for Parker, that's not big news. He was a mortal lock.

Fireball Kid
02-09-2006, 07:10 PM
According to that link, it says that Pau Gasol will be the reserve Center in the All-Star game. Very interesting.

Kstat
02-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Gasol deserved it over Camby simply because he played well for longer.

stipo
02-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Tony Parker. Another one that got away. (OK, we never had him, but we could have drafted him, you know what I mean!)

Kstat
02-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Tony Parker. Another one that got away. (OK, we never had him, but we could have drafted him, you know what I mean!)

The old TInsley/Parker debates were great.

Kstat
02-09-2006, 08:10 PM
ok, here's the whole list:

Ray allen
Tony Parker
Elton brand
Kevin Garnett
Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol

Allen gets Manu's spot by virtue of playing more.

As for Mello, can't take him over Dirk, KG, Brand or Marion.

Fireball Kid
02-09-2006, 09:52 PM
You know, Chris Paul is having a better year than Ray Allen. And his team has a better record.

Young
02-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Chris Paul over Tony Parker, IMO.

Paul's numbers/Parker's numbers:
16 points / 19 points
5 boards / 3
7 assits / 5
2 steals / 1
43% FG shooter / 55
83% foul shooter / 68

Parker shoots a better FG% but that is it. Paul is the better PG all around, IMHO. I think that Tony is a good PG and decent floor general but overall I just think that Paul is better, even a better floor general as a rookie and that is saying alot. He is doing alot with not much of a team. I think NO is in the playoffs and it is pretty much all because of Chris Paul. I think that Chris Paul is way more deserving than Carmelo or Camby.

AK47 is another forward who is good enough to make the team but there are so many good forwards in the West it is hard to say that one was more deserving than the other.

I wouldn't have mind if Camby had made the team over Gasol. They were saying on TNT tonight that Camby has played in like 17 less games than Gasol but has 10+ more double doubles than Gasol.

Kstat
02-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Nobody in their right mind would take Paul over Parker.

Young
02-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Nobody in their right mind would take Paul over Parker.

I would and my mind is just fine.

Why is Parker that much greater than Paul? Because Paul is a rookie? Call me stupid but I don't understand it. You make it sound like Paul is no where near Parker's ability and I don't see how anyone would really believe that.

Fireball Kid
02-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Chris Paul is a reincarnation of Jason Kidd. I think he is a better overall point guard than Tony is right now, and he is just a rookie. I think one of the main reasons hes not on the All-Star team is because he's a rookie, and Tony's team is one of the 3-elite in the entire NBA. I think Oklahoma/NO will make the playoffs, and Chris Paul will be the main reason they do.

Kstat
02-09-2006, 10:23 PM

Why is Parker that much greater than Paul? Because Paul is a rookie? Call me stupid but I don't understand it. You make it sound like Paul is no where near Parker's ability and I don't see how anyone would really believe that.

No, I'm saying that Paul is nowehre as deserving of an all-star berth as Parker.

Parker's been SA's BEST player this season. His team is 38-10. He LEADS THE NBA in scoring in the paint. End of discussion.

Paul's a heck of a talent, but he'll have plenty more chances to make it. This has been Parker's year.

Young
02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
No, I'm saying that Paul is nowehre as deserving of an all-star berth as Parker.

Parker's been SA's BEST player this season. His team is 38-10. He LEADS THE NBA in scoring in the paint. End of discussion.

Paul's a heck of a talent, but he'll have plenty more chances to make it. This has been Parker's year.

And I would argue that leading the NBA in points in the paint doesn't mean you are a lock for the all star game. Also, don't forget thatParker has it easier playing with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobli. Of course that doesn't mean that he isn't a good player.

I'm not going to argue to much though because Tony is a good talent and Paul will be on the all star team in the future for many years to come.

microwave_oven
02-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Who else is on Paul's team?

rexnom
02-10-2006, 01:43 AM
I'd go with Paul over Allen but I could see how some coaches might have gone with with one pg, one sg and thus picked Parker and Allen.

Also, I am as big of a Chris Paul fan as there is but at this point there is no way he is more deserving than Parker this year. Parker has led SA through all their injuries (including big injuries to Duncan and Manu) as well as basically their entire bench and supporting cast vastly underperforming to this point.

hoopburners
02-10-2006, 07:35 AM

CP will have a lot of chances in the future. Right now, Parker deserves to play in the AllStar Game more than CP, since he has earned it this year even when Manu or TD was injured in some games. ;)