PDA

View Full Version : Sarunas doing the little things

Doug
02-09-2006, 10:58 AM
This is probably going to not get much notice, with all of the action being in Peck's thread today, but here goes anyway...

Two things I saw last night that I really liked, both from Sarunas:

One time he really, really wanted to push the ball up the floor after a made bucket. He must have seen somebody out of position. He was calling for the ball to be tossed in quickly. Harrison was inbounding the ball, and threw a lazy, slow pass instead of firing to him, blowing the opportunity for whatever Sarunas saw. After he had the ball, he turned and barked something at Harrison. I couldn't see/hear what, but I assume he was chewing Harrison out for not getting the ball in quick.

But that's not the interesting part. The interesting part is when we set up, Sarunas then threw the ball right into Harrison in the paint. Harrison dropped his shoulder and got a charging call, so that part didn't work. But I think Sarunas made an effort to let DH know that even if you screw up - like not inbounding the ball like I want - I'm not going to freeze you out over it. In other words, it's OK to make a mistake.

The second had to do with rebounding. Late in the game Sarunas got matched up with one of their bigs after a switch and the big went to the block. The ball went to the opposite corner though, and then the shot went up. Sarunas immediately put a body on the the big, despite the fact that he would have no chance for the rebound because of the size difference. The ball was short, but if Sarunas hadn't of boxed out, the rebounder would have had a clear, inside path to the ball. We give up those type of offensive rebounds all of the time and it drives me nuts. Not this time. Foster or Pollard or whoever got it uncontested.

indygeezer
02-09-2006, 11:01 AM
He also had 2 steals last night.

sweabs
02-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Some interesting points, Doug.

The Harrison incident you described is great to hear. Saras is and always has been about getting everyone touches on the floor, so it doesn't surprise me. I also think that Saras and David have a good relationship and chemistry on the floor. Every time I was looking at the Yahoo! play-by-play, Saras' assists were going to David. David works hard for good position, and it's great to see that Saras recognizes that, and gives him the ball so close to the bucket.

As for rebounding - how in the heck did he get 3 offensive rebounds last night?! I'm guessing they were just long threes which resulted in long rebounds...but regardless, that's a nice little stat of it's own.

indygeezer
02-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Some interesting points, Doug.

The Harrison incident you described is great to hear. Saras is and always has been about getting everyone touches on the floor, so it doesn't surprise me. I also think that Saras and David have a good relationship and chemistry on the floor. Every time I was looking at the Yahoo! play-by-play, Saras' assists were going to David. David works hard for good position, and it's great to see that Saras recognizes that, and gives him the ball so close to the bucket.

As for rebounding - how in the heck did he get 3 offensive rebounds last night?! I'm guessing they were just long threes which resulted in long rebounds...but regardless, that's a nice little stat of it's own.

I know I saw him go inside and block out at least twice. One of those times the ball came off the front of the rim and fell to the floor and he grabbed it, but he had time to grab it becasue he and Harrison had effectively boxed out a 5 foot wide lane down the middle of the floor, he ws the only one in position to pick it up....that was a defensive RBD btw.

Julius Sour
02-09-2006, 12:14 PM
In Lithuania basketball is a team sport, yes it has temper, fights between team mates, but never 'freeze out' crap or something like that. We Love THE GAME, We Love To play. Šaras plays THE GAME. It's Fun... You Know :)

Js

Chest Rockwell
02-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Let's not forget to mention the SWEET no look over the shoulder pass to Jax on the fast break. The only play to make Sportscenter from the game by the way.

Skaut_Ech
02-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the game, so thanks for sharing, Doug. I am a huge Saras fan. There's been a lot of threads discussing his constantly barking at his teammates on the court, but even if he isn't always able to demonstrate it, I think the guy knows what he's doing in a fundamental way.

He makes me think of Skiles when he was playing. Or Mark Price. Maybe if some of our player don't let their egos get in the way, they might actually learn something from him.

McKeyFan
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
I remain a big Saras fan. He plays smart basketball and brings an edge and energy that brings the whole team to a higher level.

He also cheers a lot from the bench, unlike another certain alleged "leader."

sweabs
02-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Let's not forget to mention the SWEET no look over the shoulder pass to Jax on the fast break. The only play to make Sportscenter from the game by the way.

Okay, I just saw that play.

How the :censored: did he do that? Un-freaking-believable. That was sweeeet. I really wish I could have watched the game - that highlight reel is so different from what I usually see on Pacers highlight reels....

Doug
02-09-2006, 01:23 PM
There was a pass to Fred on the break was even better. Fred was too shocked to finish and had reset the offense. Fred was leading the break, got into the lane and passed to Sarunas going to the hoop on the right. I'm still not sure what Sarunas did it happened so fast - it looked like he caught and and whipped it back to Fred in one motion. Very fast, very impressive. It was a "holy sh$$" play. I'm surprised Fred even caught it.

Will Galen
02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
There was a pass to Fred on the break was even better. Fred was too shocked to finish and had reset the offense. Fred was leading the break, got into the lane and passed to Sarunas going to the hoop on the right. I'm still not sure what Sarunas did it happened so fast - it looked like he caught and and whipped it back to Fred in one motion. Very fast, very impressive. It was a "holy sh$$" play. I'm surprised Fred even caught it.

I remember that, Fred bobbled the ball, then took it out. It was obvious he hadn't been prepared for the ball coming back, and you have to know they expect passes from Saras now.

As Peck and others have said, AJ is playing good, but I think Saras should be the one starting. He's clearly better than AJ at everything but defense, and I don't think he's that far behind him at that.

Of course Carlisle is making it easier on Saras by not constantly moving him around.

MagicRat
02-09-2006, 01:59 PM
I just hope somebody can coach that Rucker Park streetball out of him.......:shakehead

Lithfan
02-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah thats his famous "volleyball" pass, havent you seen that from him in other games?
He did it in Europe a lot. It makes the game much quicker if you just softly hit the ball in the direction you want with two open hands when it comes to you instead of catching and then passing.
I guess all the little things you are talking about, thats something AJ and JT don't have right?
You and others here didn't like that he talks cause he is a rookie, that he is described as special etc., but wait and see, HE WILL HAVE PACERS KEYS SOON and you will be just fine with that.

Moses
02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
The play where he didn't even look in Jacksons direction on a fast break and threw it over his shoulder to him for the easy layup was one of the most amazing passes I've seen this year...Is there anyone here who doesn't think Sarunas wouldn't dominate in a fast break game? I can see him averaging 10 assists on the Suns pretty easily because of his great court vision. The half court sets were hampering his assist numbers IMO and as this team progresses to a fast break style team, we can expect to see alot more of Sarunas' flashy passes.

Will Galen
02-09-2006, 02:42 PM
He got 7 assists in 25 minutes against the Blazers.

Doug
02-09-2006, 02:50 PM
The "volleyball" pass looked more that a little touch pass. I swear he did something else with the ball before it went back to Fred.

As for the pass to Jackson, I thought it was a little behind him... How's that for nit-picking.

Peck
02-09-2006, 02:51 PM

You see, that play drove me nuts.

I'm sorry but there are times I think Saras tries for the fancy pass to much when a quick layup would have worked better.

Fred layed that pass off to him perfectly & he had the inside step on Zach Randolph so if anything it would have been an And 1 play. But no, he decides to try & hit the fancy pass back to Fred & instead of having a 3 on 2 fast break we have to reset the offense.

Fancy passing is fine when done in context. Example that pass he laid off on Granger was perfect, however the play you are referring to, IMO, was not. If anything it was his fault that this ended up being a broken play. He had that shot on Randolp.

Sometimes being unselfish can be selfish.

D-BONE
02-09-2006, 02:51 PM
I stated in another thread about JO and JT returning that AJ stays #1, Saras #2, and JT starts at #3. I just think the way the team's playing, don't mess with the rotation immediately. It's possible Saras ends up as the starter down the line. I'd have no qualms. To me, starter vs. back-up as far as AJ and Saras isn't that big of an issue. Both bring different things to the table and are playing effectively currently. Against Portland Saras actually played more minutes (25-22). And I still believe AJ is a better defender, at least in some scenarios (against bigger PG, not so sure about quicker PG). Their minutes may fluctuate based on how Rick sees the matchups or the flow of a game. As long as they both have opportunities they will have impact and, I know I've been touting this team concept thing up and down the block, but I just think with these two starting isn't the issue, it's getting on the court and playing well when there, which will result in wins for us. Of course, who knows how Tins's return will affect the whole PG scene anway?

Unclebuck
02-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Not sure this is the correct thread, but here is an observation that likely did not show up on TV. Jax had the ball beyond the 3 point line, he was covered and looking for the open man, but he was holding the ball, Saras was wide open in the corner abut 10 feet from Jax, he had to see him, Carlisle saw all this and was pointing and yelling at Jax to pass the ball to Saras, well Jax finally did and Saras hit a three. Rick was just shaking his head

Doug
02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
You see, that play drove me nuts.

If it had been a close game, it would have drove me nuts, too. But it wasn't. I hate the "one pass too many" as well, but with everybody clearly having fun I was willing to let it slide.

Swingman
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know where I can see a video of Sarunas's pass to Jax?

denyfizle
02-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Runi is just a baller. He's so smart, and a natural born leader. I love what he brings to the team, and the fact that we can have such a great PG to lead our talented second unit. That's really the edge we have over teams as all of you know already. Our depth. But having Runi to lead it just makes it a lot more potent. He can get the ball to the right place at the right time and is always a threat that's why the defense spreads out. I honestly think he shoots threes just to make the defense do so and not primarily to pad his stats.

If we're going to go far, Runi is one of the keys to do so. Our second unit is definitely our edge against all of the other EAST teams- the reason why we whooped Detroit's butt I think. The only other thing is if Rick will continue to run this offense and be open-minded even after JO and JT are back and keep this rotation. AJ should definitely go back to the 3rd PG when JT comes back (only after JT plays well to earn his starting spot back). He should keep starting though until then and JT should be the 3rd.

Runi seems to be finally getting comfortable with his role as the general for the second unit. Seems logical since he likes the running game and has Fred, Hulk and DG to run with him. The last thing we want is for this to be disrupted again when our starters come back.

Jon Theodore
02-09-2006, 03:38 PM
That pass was UNBELIEVABLE the one to Jax. Props to Jackson for actually catching it, he had to of been surprised. When I saw the play happen on TV I thought it was going to Freddy and then the ball somehow teleported into Jacksons hands.

I feel so bad for Sarunas being on our team, if he was with Cleveland or even the Suns backing up Steve Nash...his numbers would be PHENOMENAL. But none the less, he is my second favorite player behind Granger...so I obviously love him being here. I just hope we keep up this style of play...for the teams sake...and for guys like Freddy, Peja, Granger, and DH who all benefit from fast breaks.

Jon Theodore
02-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Also, I thoroughly agree that AJ needs to keep starting the rest of the season. He is a much better defender than Runi and Tinsley and he has EARNED it. Sarunas gets his minutes regardless and I like how he plays with Fred/DH/Granger.

stipo
02-09-2006, 03:40 PM
That pass was UNBELIEVABLE the one to Jax. Props to Jackson for actually catching it, he had to of been surprised. When I saw the play happen on TV I thought it was going to Freddy and then the ball somehow teleported into Jacksons hands.

I feel so bad for Sarunas being on our team, if he was with Cleveland or even the Suns backing up Steve Nash...his numbers would be PHENOMENAL. But none the less, he is my second favorite player behind Granger...so I obviously love him being here. I just hope we keep up this style of play...for the teams sake...and for guys like Freddy, Peja, Granger, and DH who all benefit from fast breaks.
I too feel sorry for the guy. I'm sure he's rethought the decision to come to the Pacers many, many times. Just another reason I hope we keep this style of play.

McKeyFan
02-09-2006, 04:03 PM
If it had been a close game, it would have drove me nuts, too. But it wasn't. I hate the "one pass too many" as well, but with everybody clearly having fun I was willing to let it slide.

totally agree.

I also agree with Peck: it was overpassing. But by that point in the game, it's worth playing for some highlight dunks and such. If, in fact, Freddie had been ready, that would have been a phenomenal highlight.

But it would have pissed me off if the turnover had mattered.

Moses
02-09-2006, 04:06 PM
totally agree.

I also agree with Peck: it was overpassing. But by that point in the game, it's worth playing for some highlight dunks and such. If, in fact, Freddie had been ready, that would have been a phenomenal highlight.

But it would have pissed me off if the turnover had mattered.
I can see Freddie thundering it down on Randolph right after he catches the dime from Sarunas..Wow that would have been top play of the year material.

D-BONE
02-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Runi is just a baller. He's so smart, and a natural born leader. I love what he brings to the team, and the fact that we can have such a great PG to lead our talented second unit. That's really the edge we have over teams as all of you know already. Our depth. But having Runi to lead it just makes it a lot more potent. He can get the ball to the right place at the right time and is always a threat that's why the defense spreads out. I honestly think he shoots threes just to make the defense do so and not primarily to pad his stats.

If we're going to go far, Runi is one of the keys to do so. Our second unit is definitely our edge against all of the other EAST teams- the reason why we whooped Detroit's butt I think. The only other thing is if Rick will continue to run this offense and be open-minded even after JO and JT are back and keep this rotation. AJ should definitely go back to the 3rd PG when JT comes back (only after JT plays well to earn his starting spot back). He should keep starting though until then and JT should be the 3rd.

Runi seems to be finally getting comfortable with his role as the general for the second unit. Seems logical since he likes the running game and has Fred, Hulk and DG to run with him. The last thing we want is for this to be disrupted again when our starters come back.

AGREE with these points! The other thing about his meshing with the 2nd unit is that you not only have some athletes out there to run with him and take advantage of his passing, it's also a pretty young group that needs his tenacity and leadership since he's really the veteran of that bunch although not in NBA terms. I think Rick has found some really nice combinations as far as the identity of both the front line and 2nd squad.

Raskolnikov
02-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know where I can see a video of Sarunas's pass to Jax?
nba.com --> video highlights

indygeezer
02-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Peck and UB........guess what, I'm a huge Sara's fan. BUT, I'm nervous about some of his passing as y'all have pointed out. As much as I rant against Tinsley turning Rucker on us at times I've got to worry about too much SPLASH from Runi. It can be fun and exciting and really get the crowd involved but it can also be disruptive if misapplied. So help me justify the difference in my mind. Why Runi and not Tinsley? Why can I accept the flashy pass from Saras and cringe when it is Jamaal making "the move".

stipo
02-09-2006, 04:57 PM
^^^^
Because you're obviously a racist. Kidding! Just kidding!

indygeezer
02-09-2006, 04:59 PM
^^^^
Because you're obviously a racist. Kidding! Just kidding!

I know, I know.

This coming from someone with a brain fetish.

Ralph Snart
02-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Peck and UB........guess what, I'm a huge Sara's fan. BUT, I'm nervous about some of his passing as y'all have pointed out. As much as I rant against Tinsley turning Rucker on us at times I've got to worry about too much SPLASH from Runi. It can be fun and exciting and really get the crowd involved but it can also be disruptive if misapplied. So help me justify the difference in my mind. Why Runi and not Tinsley? Why can I accept the flashy pass from Saras and cringe when it is Jamaal making "the move".

Half of Tinsley's moves involve him trying to dribble around three players. I can put up with fancy passing, I can't handle guys trying to take on half a team with fancy dribbling, especially when they cough up the ball/get injured doing it.

stipo
02-09-2006, 05:03 PM
I know, I know.

This coming from someone with a brain fetish.

They feel so good in my hands! You just gotta putt'em back before they dry out.

FrenchConnection
02-09-2006, 05:08 PM

People keep saying that Saras would be better off in Cleveland. There he would back up Eric Snow and play the "give the ball to Lebron and watch" game. I think that the situation would be about the same as here, except he would be winning.:rolleyes:

Kestas
02-09-2006, 05:27 PM
In Lithuania basketball is a team sport, yes it has temper, fights between team mates, but never 'freeze out' crap or something like that. We Love THE GAME, We Love To play. Šaras plays THE GAME. It's Fun... You Know :)

Js

i think he's only begining to play it, actually. today i saw his pass to Jackson in NBA Top-10 on nba.com and it was really what he was doing every single game in Europe and with our NT. no look passes. that's Saras actually playing and not doing the hard work. yes, this one was easy, but it still made commentators shout out of joy!

btw, there was a premier of documentary about Saras in Israel. somehow strangely enough they shot a film about him and screened it in the Maccabi basketball arena, which was full for this event (no games that day, would you believe it..). organisers reportedly failed to arrange Saras' participation because of problems with NBA, but he was talking to the fans live after that film ended (on the big screen). Baston (his former teammate, a scrub, as most of you call him despite having no idea how he plays) asked Saras if his new teammates in Indiana have already learned to catch his trademark passes. Saras laughed and told there is nobody to give those passes to.

(source: local Lithuanian newspaper)

Kestas
02-09-2006, 05:39 PM
As Peck and others have said, AJ is playing good, but I think Saras should be the one starting. He's clearly better than AJ at everything but defense, and I don't think he's that far behind him at that.

as long as he gets more minutes from the bench it's ok imho. besides, he's got a three year deal with the Pacers. if he stays in the team, his third season will be totally different from what we see now. there will hardly be anyone to challenge him in the point. Tinsley will be gone, Johnson will be either gone, or will be a backup. imho. besides, he will be percieved as a team veteran, a solid part of it's image. he's like that.. hard not to notice.
another possibility is that he'll suck big time and go to play to Korea ;) I heard they have a crazy league out there..

Kestas
02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
BUT, I'm nervous about some of his passing as y'all have pointed out. As much as I rant against Tinsley turning Rucker on us at times I've got to worry about too much SPLASH from Runi.

what you have to realise is that no look and fast passing is how Saras does... well, passing. when he plays with Lithuanian NT most of his assists are no look. he just turns the head away, even if for a split second and with nothing to look at in that direction ;). it was like a reflex (or at least it was from what I saw of him). it may look strange in the begining, but it's very well controled. another thing is that passing is a two people play. the one catching is equally important as the one passing. take Sabonis for example.. the man was (and still is probably ;)) a passing genious. 99% of his trademark passes were spot perfect and if they failed it was all the fault of the person who was supposed to catch them, not the fault of Sabas.

Pacesetter
02-09-2006, 06:00 PM

Js

Sarunas is awesome!!!! :cool:

I didn't read every comment made about last night's game but I would like to bring up one particular play that had me rollin. Sarunas was on a break, and had Fred trailing him and to his right, he drove the defense as far under the hoop as he could then lofted a beauty back to Fred who was then in a position to score, but Fred pulled it out instead of finishing, and allowed the defense a chance to get set. Shortly after a foul was called and you could see Sarunas was way pissed off Fred didn't finish it. I was laughing so hard I almost had tears goin, and looked over at Bird, and it appeared he was laughing too. That was just great competitive emotions. Definitely one of my favorite memories so far this year!

Gotta love Sarunas, he comes to every game ready to go - that's the way professionals handle their bidness!!!!

:applaud:

stipo
02-09-2006, 06:04 PM
what you have to realise is that no look and fast passing is how Saras does... well, passing. when he plays with Lithuanian NT most of his assists are no look. he just turns the head away, even if for a split second and with nothing to look at in that direction ;). it was like a reflex (or at least it was from what I saw of him). it may look strange in the begining, but it's very well controled. another thing is that passing is a two people play. the one catching is equally important as the one passing. take Sabonis for example.. the man was (and still is probably ;)) a passing genious. 99% of his trademark passes were spot perfect and if they failed it was all the fault of the person who was supposed to catch them, not the fault of Sabas.
I hope Peja and Saras can work together to make some Euro magic happen (passing, cutting). They say that passing is "contagious", but three games ago I would have said that most of our guys must have been innoculated already.;)

DeS
02-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I like to read Your :sunshine: posts about Saras game :)

I just thought for a minute, why our 2nd squad is as successful. Maybe that's because 2nd squad already accepted Saras as a floor general, maybe he won the confidence from the guys of the 2nd squad.

Peck
02-09-2006, 08:49 PM

My guess is that you do NOT like Jamaal demeanor on the court. He appears lazy & non-caring unless he is trying to draw a foul.

I'm not saying that he is lazy & non-caring I'm just saying that is the way it appears.

As to try & explain the rest of it away? I can't.

I don't like it when J.T. throws a stupid pass & I don't like it when Saras does it either.

They are polar opposites though when it comes to an advantage fast break. J.T. has been taking it to the hole even when he has a 3-1 advantage & he often misses & then misses the foul shot. Saras has been overpassing on the 3-1 fast break & refuses to take the shot & thus has led to more than one time of us blowing a 3-1 break.

Neither is a good thing IMO.

Julius Sour
02-09-2006, 09:34 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/12922413/LITHUANIA_1999_Aiste_Strazdas.mp3.html

LITHUANIA CabbageLand :)

Js

BlueNGold
02-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I like to read Your :sunshine: posts about Saras game :)

I just thought for a minute, why our 2nd squad is as successful. Maybe that's because 2nd squad already accepted Saras as a floor general, maybe he won the confidence from the guys of the 2nd squad.

That's definitely part of the 2nd unit's success. Saras brings what I call "gamesmenship"...or maybe extreme competitiveness. He has flaws but he keeps coming at you. He can drive, dish, shoot...whatever it takes to win. With Harrison, you have the powerful inside game...greatly improved rebounding and positioning...and more than enough athleticism to lose the big slow C label. Peja brings incredible outside shooting and great team play. Fred brings incredible slashing and consistent, yes consistent, shooting. Hardly anyone in the league can guard him IMO. He gave real problems to Detroit, even when the Pistons tried to defend him. Granger brings everything. Athleticism, slashing, inside/out shooting, dunking, passing, rebounding, shot blocking...all the intangibles. Yes, the 2nd unit is SOLID.

Lithfan
02-10-2006, 01:24 AM

Your are right!!!
He stated in some of his interviews prior to NBA that most of his points are just to take some attention away from the player he passes to.

SwissExpress
02-10-2006, 04:07 AM
I read your comments and have - maybe a bit silly - question: who is in that 2nd unit? Besides Saras, Granger. I saw David's, Fred's, Peja's names in one post next to the 2nd unit - is that them? I just haven't seen any Pacers' game for several weeks already.

Kestas
02-10-2006, 04:23 AM
LITHUANIA CabbageLand :)

do you know where this Saras and cabbage came from? i mean, what cabbage? "cabbage makes you stronger" and stuff.. WTF?! :rolleyes:

(btw, don't post stuff without explanation. I mean, you posted a link to a song on a basketball board..)

SwissExpress
02-10-2006, 04:43 AM
One explanation of that nick (I saw that explanation in some other board) has to do with pronunciation of his name. You remember that long period when everyone tried to find an "English way to type" his name? One of the ways was the following:
"Yes! It's cabbages."

That phrase reminds pronunciation of Saras surname a bit.

Raskolnikov
02-10-2006, 06:32 AM
I read your comments and have - maybe a bit silly - question: who is in that 2nd unit? Besides Saras, Granger. I saw David's, Fred's, Peja's names in one post next to the 2nd unit - is that them? I just haven't seen any Pacers' game for several weeks already.
2nd unit = Cabbage (;)) , Fred, Danger, David plus anyone of the starters except for Pollard (mostly Jackson, Peja or Foster).

Anthem
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
"Yes! It's cabbages."
Or "Yes! It's a catfish!"

Somewhere there's a visual comparison of Saras and a catfish.

Ralph Snart
02-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Or "Yes! It's a catfish!"

Somewhere there's a visual comparison of Saras and a catfish.

I call him cabbage all the time, especially at the Field House. I took my 17 year old nephew with me about a month ago, and he's like "that's not really his nickname is it?"

I say it should be cabbage, just because it's funny, and it does make you stronger. :D

McKeyFan
02-10-2006, 12:07 PM
They are polar opposites though when it comes to an advantage fast break. J.T. has been taking it to the hole even when he has a 3-1 advantage & he often misses & then misses the foul shot. Saras has been overpassing on the 3-1 fast break & refuses to take the shot & thus has led to more than one time of us blowing a 3-1 break.

Neither is a good thing IMO.

Better to err on Cabbage's side, IMO. More likely that person can learn to take the open shot then the other type guy learns to pass.

Unclebuck
02-10-2006, 02:11 PM
He was picking up lunch at Maggiano's 2 hours ago.

Raskolnikov
02-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Just another one of the little things he does that help this team so much.

Ralph Snart
02-10-2006, 02:34 PM

Damn, which one? I've been practicing a Lithuanian line to say to him if I ever meet him face to face.

I plan on telling him: "My name is the cold cuts of love."

Unclebuck
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Damn, which one? I've been practicing a Lithuanian line to say to him if I ever meet him face to face.

I plan on telling him: "My name is the cold cuts of love."

Keystone at the Crossing. I had just walked out and he pulled in but I didn't notice him until I was already in my car backing out of the parking space.

He drives a two door BMW.

That is all I know

CableKC
02-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Keystone at the Crossing. I had just walked out and he pulled in but I didn't notice him until I was already in my car backing out of the parking space.

He drives a two door BMW.

That is all I know
Is he picking up lunch for himself ( carrying one bag of takeout )?

or the entire team ( carrying 4 or 5 bags of takeout....you know...one of those rookie things )?

Anthem
02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Found it. :D

The resemblance is uncanny:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/06/28/PH2005062801763.jpg

http://www.vvg-vietnam.com/images/catfish-Ammel_u2.jpg
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16059

Raskolnikov
02-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Found it. :D

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16059
:lmao:

Unclebuck
02-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I didn't see him walk out, I only saw him walk in. But there was a bag sitting there that would lead me to believe he was picking lunch up just for himself or possiblity himself and someone else.

CableKC
02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Man...I envy you guys out in Indianapolis....I don't have a chance to see anybody famous....much less any of my favorite players.

Bball
02-10-2006, 05:09 PM

Because Sarunas is actually a better passer than Tinsley.

Because Sarunas is trying to help his team win first and foremost. I'm not sure that is Tinsley's first motivation. I think Tinsley is always trying to prove a point either to his teammates, his coaches, the opposing PG, the media, or to himself. He's trying to show somebody up rather than make a good play.

-Bball

Pacesetter
02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Man...I envy you guys out in Indianapolis....I don't have a chance to see anybody famous....much less any of my favorite players.

I gotta admit, I don't take any of this for granted. I feel extremely blessed to be able to watch these guys play as much as I do. I can't thank God enough for giving me this opportunity - it's incredible!!!!!

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I love this game!!!!! :sunshine: