PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban: "I own Phil Jackson."

Shade
02-08-2006, 07:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2323199

"I own Phil Jackson. Not literally of course. That thrill belongs to the smartest businesswoman in professional sports, Jeannie Buss. Figuratively however, the coach formerly known as the Zen Master must now be considered my bucket boy."

:lol2:

ghost
02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I just wish Lakers will improve their roster, that could be a beginning for a new good rivalry.

GO!!!!!
02-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I enjoyed that read... Cube is one lucky guy...

Trader Joe
02-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Mark is my boy. I wonder when he will be taking Phil Jackson public. I'm gonna buy some of that stock.

BoomBaby31
02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid. Only in Mark Cubans wettest dreams could he get a coach like Phil Jackson. He sure didn't get a basketball education at I.U when he attended

Kstat
02-08-2006, 08:04 PM
You have to admit, Phil walked right into that one when he started complaining that Cuban's influence on officiating superceeded his....

Anthem
02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
You have to admit, Phil walked right into that one when he started complaining that Cuban's influence on officiating superceeded his....
Yup. I don't disagree with anything Mark wrote in his blog.

GO!!!!!
02-08-2006, 08:35 PM
I love lil Avery more then Cube, I just think Cube is living more the american dream then Latte Spreewall

I think Avery has changed that team, just imagine if they still had ol Nash..

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-08-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm not a fan of Cuban, but I respect him a little. I'm not a fan of Phil, and I respect him ess than I do Cuban.

Phil is known to attempt to manipulate teams and the media through his press conferences. He was famous for his comments about the Kings and their crowd. He talked smack during the finals against the Pacers. He's a hypocrite.

Pacersfan46
02-08-2006, 09:56 PM
The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid.

Haven't paid much attention to the Mavs this year, have we?

Top 10 in points allowed.

grace
02-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm not a fan of Cuban's but anyone who can make Phil look this stupid is O.K. in my book.

Fireball Kid
02-08-2006, 11:08 PM
The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid.

All Offense? Are you talking about this year or past seasons? Because if your talking about this year, than I believe that you have not been watching the Mavericks that much because there defense has improved.

Kingsfanbmiller
02-10-2006, 05:51 AM
Cuban is awesome. Anyone who can own Phil Jackson is awesome, and he definately owns Phil Jackson(so he is awesome). I seriously hate Phil, the guy is such a hypocrite and he annoys the hell out of me. I can't believe he honestly talked about the refs, especially since LA gets a ton of calls*cough*2002 WCF*cough*.

SwissExpress
02-10-2006, 06:21 AM
That was one of the most entertaining articles on basketball I've read this season!:)

SwissExpress
02-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Why do you hate Phil?
What do you mean by "hypocrite"? In the factual sense, I mean?

Anthem
02-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Why do you hate Phil?
What do you mean by "hypocrite"? In the factual sense, I mean?
Says one thing but does another?

Complains about other coaches trying to game the ref, when in fact he's the all-time master?

Always acts as if he's the best coach in history, when he's never coached a team that didn't have the best player in the league?

Publicly trashes coaches and players from other teams?

Publicly trashes his own players and team?

Other than that, not much. He's a jerk.

SwissExpress
02-10-2006, 12:40 PM
But what can a man do if some superstars suddenly turn into best-players-in-the-league at the moment he starts coaching them? :) He simply can't avoid having the best player in the league... :)

CableKC
02-10-2006, 01:00 PM
The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid. Only in Mark Cubans wettest dreams could he get a coach like Phil Jackson. He sure didn't get a basketball education at I.U when he attended
Did you see the Mavs/Heat game? The Mavs man-handled the Heat on the road.

The 2005-2006 Mavs aren't the same Mavs of previous years....not only are they the same offensive minded team....they are playing solid defense. Are they a team built for the regular season? Maybe....but Avery Johnson ( unlike Don Nelson ) is actually forcing them to play defense.

The smartest thing that Cuban has done is stopped meddling and let his coach and GM do their job.

At this point...its no longer the Pistons Vs. the Spurs....its a complete toss-up between the Spurs and the Mavs.

Anthem
02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
But what can a man do if some superstars suddenly turn into best-players-in-the-league at the moment he starts coaching them?
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Hasn't happened yet.

grace
02-10-2006, 03:25 PM
He simply can't avoid having the best player in the league... :)

Yes he could. He could have taken the Knicks job.