PDA

View Full Version : QOD: How well does Saras know Peja?

Pacesetter
02-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Question for Sarunas Jasikevicius | Feb. 8, 2006 Q. How do you feel about another European player coming to the Pacers? Did you ever play against him in the Euro league? (From Trent in Switz City, Ind.) A. I played against him many times in Europe and I have nothing but respect for him. It feels great for me, because it's just another guy who comes from more or less the same culture, the same background as me. He knows a lot of what I’m talking about and we get to catch up about a lot of European issues and things like that. And just talk European sports and things that we Europeans talk about. For me it’s a very positive thing. - from Pacers.Com
__________________________________________________ ____________

This is just a positive thing all the way around for our team. :cool:

themind
02-10-2006, 09:44 AM
It's really interesting to see that such international basketball "enemies" have so much respect to each other :D (Lithuanian and Serbia&Montenegro NT games are allways very competitive)

SwissExpress
02-10-2006, 09:49 AM
You have to have respect for your greatest enemy in order to win;)

(There's a similar line from some movie, but I can't remember which)

Slick Pinkham
02-10-2006, 09:58 AM
On the Euro beat, should the Pacers have any interest in Marco Jaric in the offseason? He has fallen out of the rotation in Minnesota and is unhappy.

Intriguing size- 6'7" PG/SG

big contract- 5 mill and signed to a long-term deal.

He has the size to pair with Fred or Saras and have them defend the 1 while Marco defends the 2.

SwissExpress
02-10-2006, 10:25 AM
On the Euro beat, should the Pacers have any interest in Marco Jaric in the offseason? He has fallen out of the rotation in Minnesota and is unhappy.

He has the size to pair with Fred or Saras and have them defend the 1 while Marco defends the 2.

I really liked Jaric when he was playing back in Europe (it probably was Bolonia "Kinder", Italy). He was strong, big and usually outdueled one-on-one almost every European PG/SG/SF player of that time except Bodiroga, Karnisovas and several others. Probably not top-5 Euro player back then, but very close.

I haven't seen much of him since then, however. Even visually he looks so much older today...

From what I heard, he's not very fast nor a great passer in NBA. He wasn't great in that in Europe as well. "Kinder" in general was a slow boring defensive team.

kybjones
02-10-2006, 10:39 AM

I'd rather drink bile.

Anthem
02-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I'd trade Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley for him. Of course they'd have to include somebody like KG to make salaries match... :whistle:

themind
02-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Do we need another PG? :rolleyes: Yes, I know he can play SG, but he's no better in that position than Saras...

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-10-2006, 05:34 PM
I think it's good for both of 'em. Peja has a euro guy to help him transition to the Pacers, and Runi can now be more pleased with his decision to become a Pacer. Chemistry is getting better, finally.

Kaufman
02-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I'd rather drink bile.

From a medical standpoint, bile really would be right at home in your intestinal tract so drinking bile isn't such a bad thing. Its actually quite interesting how it works - here's a quick medical review and recap - all your dead or dying red blood cells get caught in the spleen, and they get chewed up and release bilirubin, which gets caught by the liver and then the liver processes the bilirubin and releases it - in the form of bile. Then the bile goes through the common bile duct and is drained into the small intestine. And from there it helps color your bowel movements brown, and also helps us absorb fats similar to the way that soap cleans your body during a shower. Bile basically forms a shell around the fat and turns into a bubble, similar to a soap bubble. Then the bubble is absorbed into the intestine and gets into the blood.

So next time you think about drinking bile, think again.