PDA

View Full Version : 1st grader suspended for sexual harassment

Slick Pinkham
02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/02/07/brockton_first_grader_suspended_for_sexual_harassm ent/?p1=MEWell_Pos1

Brockton first grader suspended for sexual harassment

February 7, 2006

BROCKTON, Mass. --A Brockton first grader was suspended for three days after school officials said he sexually harassed a girl in his class by allegedly putting two fingers inside the girl's waistband while she sat on the floor in front of him.

The boy's mother, Berthena Dorinvil, said she "screamed" about last week's suspension from Downey Elementary School, and added her son doesn't know what sexual harassment is.

"He doesn't know those things," she told The Enterprise of Brockton. "He's only 6 years old."

School officials declined comment to The Enterprise, citing the child's age.

"They would have not suspended the child without doing an investigation," said spokeswoman Cynthia McNally.

Dorinvil said the school principal, Diane Gosselin, called her to pick up her son Jan. 30. She said her son asked the principal if the police were going to come get him.

The principal told Dorinvil the girl complained to the teacher after her son touched the girl's waistband, hitting her skin, in a room full of children.

Dorinvil said her son told her he touched the girl's shirt, not her skin, after the girl touched him.

"He was playing with her," Dorinvil said.

----
political correctness running amok....

Stryder
02-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Very true.

Zero tolerance policies do not work.

And this IS PC run amok. I concur.

Shade
02-07-2006, 05:52 PM
:rollout:

Hicks
02-07-2006, 06:36 PM
The world is now a safer place! :usa:

:rolleyes:

Jermaniac
02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
loling

317Kim
02-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Sick...ening.

N8R
02-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Stupid...ening

Kegboy
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I kissed a girl on the bus when I was 6. I assume that would make me labeled as a sex offender these days.

317Kim
02-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Yup..recess. under the bridge across from the slides..that's where most of that happened.

btowncolt
02-08-2006, 09:12 AM
What a double standard. If Shade did the same thing, he'd be in jail.

This kid got off easy.

Vicious Tyrant
02-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey, I'm not trying to be contrarian here, but I am in Elementary schools REGULARLY and I am occassionally shocked at some of the behavior I see in little kids. Whether its crappy parents, sex in the movies, too much Doom, or whatever, there are some scary things that happen with little, little kids.

I don't mean to say its common to see weird things, and I obviously have ZERO knowledge of this kid or his family BUT - if you have a six year old who has been sexually abused there can be some WEIRD and SCARY acting out.

Now, maybe this is PC run amok but don't neglect the possibilty that something wierd happened here that had to be dealt with.

Slick Pinkham
02-08-2006, 09:34 AM
BUT - if you have a six year old who has been sexually abused there can be some WEIRD and SCARY acting out.

Now, maybe this is PC run amok but don't neglect the possibilty that something wierd happened here that had to be dealt with.

But if all the principal can come up with is "the girl complained to the teacher after her son touched the girl's waistband, hitting her skin, in a room full of children" then you have to be skeptical.

The principal could have said there was a continued pattern of inappropriate touching, if that was indeed the case.

Sounds like the kid stuck a finger or two just under her belt. Whoop-de-do. And harassment implies he has some position of authority over her and she needed to comply somehow or face damage to here career or status.

This is simple roughhousing, perhaps from a boy who is a little overactive, and then the PC police seized upon the opportunity and ran with it.

Vicious Tyrant
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
But if all the principal can come up with is "the girl complained to the teacher after her son touched the girl's waistband, hitting her skin, in a room full of children" then you have to be skeptical.

The principal could have said there was a continued pattern of inappropriate touching, if that was indeed the case.

Sounds like the kid stuck a finger or two just under her belt. Whoop-de-do. And harassment implies he has some position of authority over her and she needed to comply somehow or face damage to here career or status.

This is simple roughhousing, perhaps from a boy who is a little overactive, and then the PC police seized upon the opportunity and ran with it.
Hey - 90% chance you're right.

But I say there's a 10% chance something more happened and this is the school administration protecting the child by not accurately reporting what happened. If a six year old reached into a girl's pants to grab some azz (or whatever), the school is going to recognize that there's something massively wrong in the kids life. They're probably not going to "announce" anything at all unless the family starts shouting, and then the school is going to minimize what happened to protect the kid.

Like I say, you're probably right. I'm just jaded as hell from all the weirdness I've seen.

indygeezer
02-08-2006, 09:56 AM
2nd grade. A young lady explained the facts of life to Geezer Jr. in graphic detail. His mother asked what she had told him and was surprized at how explicit the girl was. A couple months later getting ready for summer break, another of the girls in his class told him she hoped he'd come over that summer because "I want to rip your clothes off and have sex with you". He freaked (remember this is 2nd grade). I think he's finally getting over it (7 yrs later)

Slick Pinkham
02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Geezer,

If you had gotten a good lawyer you may have made millions in "mental anguish" compensation alone.

Repeat after me "I am a victim...I am a victim..."

;)