PDA

View Full Version : The worst day of my life

scar
02-06-2006, 06:11 PM
On Saturday, I had a really good day. My girlfriend, who has been really busy lately, was able to make it over to my house so she could help me and my dad move my aunt to her new apartment. Then me and my girlfriend spent some time together, to spare you some details, we had a very nice intiment time, which is nice since we've been dating for over a year and have yet to really rekindle the passion of our relationship from about the first month. This was nice for me, made me feel really confident in our relationship again.

Then I drove her to work and went to my friend's house. We played Halo2 with two other people before watching the UFC ppv. Afterwords, I logged on and found that the Pacers had beat Detroit, and that Jonathan Bender was retiring. I then said to my friend, 'Wow, this has been a really awesome day for me.'

Then my luck did a 180.

I couldn't sleep for some reason. I went to bed at 4 AM and woke up at 10 AM. After awhile, I found some mail that no one had bothered to give me, and in there a found a letter.

Now, I had been trying to get a job with a debt collection agency, and Thursday I got a second interview from them, and I was on cloud 9 because I was sure I was going to get that job. I haven't been able to find work for awhile so this was welcomed relief for me, because I'm battling the demons of hearing everyone tell my girlfriend she should break up with me because I'm a loser with no future.

Well in this letter, they told me they had no openings for me. It was sent on the day of my interview, which destroyed my confidence in myself for the job. It was frusturating, demoralizing, and really made me feel like *****.

My girlfriend called me and asked me if I could pick her up from work. She wanted to tell me something. I figured she was just playing one of her games and she wanted to just see me. I thought, 'hey, I might get lucky!'. Even brought some rubbers.

I picked her up from work and was driving her home when she said that her brother and his girlfriend had broken up. I smirked and said, 'I guess not everyone can last like us.' Then she told me that her best friend and her boyfriend are on the verge of breaking up. I said, 'Man, makes me feel really good about how good we are together.' Then she said she had something to tell me.

I pulled into a factory parking lot to hear what she had to say. To make a long story short, she went to her friends house on Saturday night and she claims that someone put something in her drink. She then drove with some friends and picked up her ex-boyfriend. She said that she doesn't remember anything, but one of her friends claimed to have seen her and her ex-boyfriend making out. She admitted that there is a large time spand when she and her ex-boyfriend weren't seen by anyone else.

This nearly broke my heart, and being a guy who never cries, I poured tears as she told me this. On my drive home, I pulled over twice to whipe the tears away. I kept thinking everything was my fault and that I had somehow led her to this.

She and I are still dating, for now. My heart hurts and sometimes I feel like it's broken. I love this girl, and even though she claims to not be in control, I feel betrayed, cheated on, and my trust for her is at an alltime low. I feel like I'm making to big of a deal, but whenever I even try to breakdown everything she told me, I feel like I'm going to puke.

This all happened yesterday, which I now describe as the worst day of my life. (My dog and my grandma died on the same day, so that's the actual worst day of my life, but this is the worst day in recent memory)

pacercoltfan
02-06-2006, 06:20 PM
:console: Hopefully things will get better. :console:

Pig Nash
02-06-2006, 06:50 PM
:hug:

ReGGiesBoOmBaby
02-06-2006, 06:57 PM
:console: Don't be so sad. Tomorrow Will Be Better :hug:

317Kim
02-06-2006, 07:12 PM
About the girl prossues, from the symptoms, I'd say you have a minor heartbreak with a dash of I'm-stressing-depressing-life-sucks-at-the-moment-itis. I hope everything works out and things start lighting up for you :)

SoupIsGood
02-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Hang in there man, give yourself plenty of time with any decision you make.

scar
02-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm working hard to fix our relationship. I don't just have a crush, or am in it for sex, I love her. She's the only person in this world I can be myself with, and I can't go on without her. She swears she didn't do it knowingly, that she was messed up. I want to believe it so bad, I'm going to believe it. I don't think she could hurt me like that purposely.

Shade
02-07-2006, 01:50 AM
On the bright side, at least she was honest with you about everything, and even took the initiative to let you know about it instead of hiding it. People make mistakes, but it's those who learn from those mistakes who are generally the good people.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've had many days worse than your worst day. :(

sweabs
02-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Keep your head up, bud.

N8R
02-07-2006, 05:48 AM
The sun always sets before it rises

scar
02-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys. I feel tons better now that it's been a few days. When you have it first happen to you, your heart sinks and it feels like there is nothing left to life for. We're working it out though. We aren't splitting up or anything, so I suppose it could be far worse.

scar
02-07-2006, 01:47 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">One time in an airport a guy accidently called Chuck Norris "Chick Norris". He explained it was an honest mistake and apologized profusely. Chuck accepted his apology and politley signed an autograph. Nine months later, the guy's wife gave birth to a bearded baby. The guy knew exactly what had happened, and blames nobody but himself.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ahh Chuck. You see right thru me. You're like a miniature budda covered in hair...

btowncolt
02-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Ugh, good luck, man.

btowncolt
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Ahh Chuck. You see right thru me. You're like a miniature budda covered in hair...

The only reason Chuck Norris is so hairy is that his hair folicles are so frightened of him they're trying to escape his body. That, and even the Gilette Fusion isn't powerful enough to cut them.

scar
02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
The only reason Chuck Norris is so hairy is that his hair folicles are so frightened of him they're trying to escape his body. That, and even the Gilette Fusion isn't powerful enough to cut them.

Everytime I try to make a post in responce to Chuck Norris, the letters get so frightened the'll only show on at the bottom of my post. Except for the last letter which I can't use because it's no longer around. Chuck roundhouse kicked it and it flew out of my computer and smacked against my refridgerator in several different peices.

pacers31tc
02-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Dude, that sucks, but, you're still w/ your girl, and she didn't mean to do that to you right? Things will get better, just like the Pacers season.

It probably won't make you feel any better, but I can relate to what you're going through. I sold my favorite car ever ('86 300ZX) to buy an '02 Maxima to drive 6 hours on weekends to see my girlfriend of 2.5 years, who broke up w/ me just after I bought the car... then Reggie retired, then I didn't get a particular internship I wanted for last summer. Things turned around for me and I'm sure they'll turn around for you as well.

OnlyPacersLeft
02-09-2006, 03:28 AM
that whole "They put something in my drink" is stupid. Why set down your drink if that's the case? women are not that STUPID these days. She probably was horny and you wearnt around so woooooooo heres a fling with my ex. It's rediculous! Can you ever look at her the same way knowing she screwed some other dude while with u? and who's to say this won't happen again? Tighten the leash man...seriously

scar
02-09-2006, 05:53 PM
that whole "They put something in my drink" is stupid. Why set down your drink if that's the case? women are not that STUPID these days. She probably was horny and you wearnt around so woooooooo heres a fling with my ex. It's rediculous! Can you ever look at her the same way knowing she screwed some other dude while with u? and who's to say this won't happen again? Tighten the leash man...seriously

Ehh... Her friends say that she was passed out now. Still confused, but the story goes that she was passed out and her ex started kissing on her and that someone walked in and made a fuss about it and they pulled him away from her.

As far as her drink goes, she said that it was either drugged or extremely strong. She can't hold liquior for ****.

The rotating story has me really confused, but I'm naive and willing to believe what she tells me.