PDA

View Full Version : Pacers almost had K-Mart

18to88
02-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I was just reading my SI, not sure how much of this was already known, but supposedly beside Maggettee, the Nuggests were serious about giving up Martin for Artest, but the Pacers didnt like his big contract. Also, the Hornets wanted RA but only offered draft picks. The Celtics, Lakers, Wolves and Warriors also had discussions but nothing ever came out of those talks.

Yeah, that's old news. Most people knew he was offered but they didn't like the contract.

Blizz
02-05-2006, 07:50 PM
why do we want another injury prone and under size PF anyway

PacerFan31
02-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm happy with Peja for the most part, so I'm glad that didn't happen.

Anthem
02-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Man, that would have been a steal for Denver.

denyfizle
02-06-2006, 12:44 AM
why do we want another injury prone and under size PF anyway

and a stuttering knucklehead at that.

ThA HoyA
02-06-2006, 12:51 AM
and the fact that he is not that good...Jason Kidd got him that contract

CableKC
02-06-2006, 02:34 AM
There are 2 knocks against KMart......he's too injury prone for my tastes and he plays the same spot that JONeal plays.

Other then that.....KMart is an enforcer, provides some toughness inside and is a solid PF defensive player that gives most other PFs headaches. The problem is that he's like Tinsley....he can only be effective when he is not injured.

If it weren't for his contract as well....I wouldn't have minded him as much for Artest.

Will Galen
02-06-2006, 05:05 AM
I was just reading my SI, not sure how much of this was already known, but supposedly beside Maggettee, the Nuggests were serious about giving up Martin for Artest, but the Pacers didnt like his big contract. Also, the Hornets wanted RA but only offered draft picks. The Celtics, Lakers, Wolves and Warriors also had discussions but nothing ever came out of those talks.

Your thread title is misleading. Better would have been, "Pacers could have had Kenyon Martin."

Saying the Pacers almost had him makes people thing it was a close thing, whereas the Pacers from the start didn't want someone with a contract like his.

Plus, things are starting to get more confusing because Sac. is calling Kevin Martin, K-Mart too.

Sorry, I'm nitpicking!

indygeezer
02-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Your thread title is misleading. Better would have been, "Pacers could have had Kenyon Martin."

Saying the Pacers almost had him makes people thing it was a close thing, whereas the Pacers from the start didn't want someone with a contract like his.

Plus, things are starting to get more confusing because Sac. is calling Kevin Martin, K-Mart too.

Sorry, I'm nitpicking!

That's OK Will, everybody knows you're a prick, I told em. :laugh:

:buddies:

Will Galen
02-06-2006, 08:35 AM
That's OK Will, everybody knows you're a prick, I told em. :laugh:

:buddies:

Yeah, but you hadn't shared that with the new guys and gals. Now everythings back to normal. (snicker)

Pointz
02-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I liked the Maggette deal the best due to his age and upside...K-Mart is good for dunks and rebounding and a horrible contract. I do like Peja he can still do some special things.