PDA

View Full Version : Odd thoughts on beating Deeeeeeetrooooiit.

Hicks
02-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Well?

I was disappointed not to find them when I got up this morning, anyone else?

Harmonica
02-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Coffee, toast and Peck's recaps... I was looking forward to this one.

Slick Pinkham
02-05-2006, 09:58 AM
while waiting-- check out Rip Hamilton's post game quote:

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/DETPHI_060203.html

seems like gastrointestinal problems contributed to the loss.

They may fix this typo soon and nobody will get it.

Will Galen
02-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Peck hasn't posted since yesterday. Probably doesn't feel like arguing. I get that way. He was online early this morning.

He did say yesterday, "You know in retrospect between this post & my thoughts on fans of Artest, I probably should have just stayed off of the digest today."

Gyron
02-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Rip Hamilton On tonight's game:
"It was a great night. We missed a lot of opportunities to put them away. I think we missed a lot of wide-open ****s. But at the end of that night when it was time to dig down we did."

shags
02-05-2006, 10:13 AM

:rotflmao:

Maybe UB was typing up the quotes for the Pistons Friday night. ;)

Pacesetter
02-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Quote from David Harrison: "I think we came out and matched their force with force and not many teams have done that this year," Harrison said. "Maybe we shocked them a little bit." - nba.com

The Pistons WERE shocked, but the same could be said for alot of people!

Shade
02-05-2006, 11:55 AM

Pistons Guard Richard Hamilton (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/richard_hamilton/index.html)

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/richard_hamilton.jpg On tonight's game:
"It was a great night. We missed a lot of opportunities to put them away. I think we missed a lot of wide-open *****s. But at the end of that night when it was time to dig down we did."

:spitout: :lmao: :lol2:

PCC87
02-05-2006, 12:23 PM
GOD I hate the entire Pistons organization...

317Kim
02-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Pistons Guard Richard Hamilton (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/richard_hamilton/index.html)

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/richard_hamilton.jpg On tonight's game:
"It was a great night. We missed a lot of opportunities to put them away. I think we missed a lot of wide-open *****s. But at the end of that night when it was time to dig down we did."

:spitout: :lmao: :lol2:

:lmao: :lol: Still didnt fix it!

rexnom
02-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Outside of Hamilton's typo...just a thought about Freddie Jones (from the Pacers recap)...

"Jones scored nine of his 13 points in the fourth quarter, including six in a row as the Pacers rebuilt a 92-83 lead."

These are the kind of Ben Gordon-esque performances that will make him more and more valueable and closer to that 6th man award. I don't know if he can get it but for the Pacers Freddie is becoming invalueable off the bench.

pizza guy
02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
That quote of Rip's was from the Pistons/6ers game, not ours, but it's still hilarious. It's weird too, cuz Hamilton seemingly couldn't miss against us; I guess from one extreme to the other...

Freddie has been playing very well lately, I love him coming off the bench and really lighting the fire for us.

Pacesetter
02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
(On the effects from four games in five nights) "It was a little bit of fatigue, but not too much. We’ve still got to go out and do our thing. No excuses. They beat us up on the boards. That’s how they got the big lead and they beat us in that category."

(On Chauncey Billups two quick fouls) "It wasn’t our offense tonight. That had nothing to do with our problems. Carlos (Arroyo) did a good job when he came in. They just made the hustle plays. They gave the second and third effort all night. They were diving on the floor for loose balls, those kinds of things. That’s what beat us. “ - pacers.com

I've followed Rasheed since he was in HS at Simon Gratz, and I'm happy to say this is the first time I've read something he wrote that sounded like he had some sense! In plain english what he was quoted as saying is right on the money. The Pacers just outhustled them in every category!

WTG Rasheed! (I really can't believe I said that!) :)

Knucklehead Warrior
02-05-2006, 01:42 PM
WTG Rasheed! (I really can't believe I said that!) :)

<--- I can't believe that guy said that, can you Ben?

Pig Nash
02-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Chuck Norris believes it, for he is omniscient.

Bball
02-05-2006, 02:17 PM
I was going to post some thoughts on last night's victory (and recent games) because there's a lot of good things happening but there's an elephant in the living room and that is how we're playing without Jamaal and JO.

I'm not sure how you talk about one without talking about the other.

-Bball

Pig Nash
02-05-2006, 02:28 PM
You type in one of them, without typing in the other? :whoknows:

Bball
02-05-2006, 03:05 PM
You type in one of them, without typing in the other? :whoknows:

Ignore the elephant in the living room?

-Bball

Arcadian
02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Are you serious that no one is talking about it? The last time I heard this much talk about elephants I was at the zoo.

Bball
02-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Are you serious that no one is talking about it? The last time I heard this much talk about elephants I was at the zoo.

I meant I couldn't (and wouldn't) start a thread and talk about the game (and recent games) without bringing that up. I was not about to be the one who started a 'We're better without JO' thread last night following such a big game and win.

If somebody else started it I could add my part but I wasn't going to be the one that pulled the pin on the hand grenade.

I was saying I could understand why someone would have reservations talking about the game if they didn't want to open a can of worms directly and deal with the consequences. And I didn't see how you could talk about the game with any intellectual honesty if you didn't mention the elephant on the couch, smoking cigars with his feet on the table.

UB gave it a good dodge in his post about the substitutions tho.

-Bball

Big Smooth
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I meant I couldn't (and wouldn't) start a thread and talk about the game (and recent games) without bringing that up. I was not about to be the one who started a 'We're better without JO' thread last night following such a big game and win.

If somebody else started it I could add my part but I wasn't going to be the one that pulled the pin on the hand grenade.

I was saying I could understand why someone would have reservations talking about the game if they didn't want to open a can of worms directly and deal with the consequences. And I didn't see how you could talk about the game with any intellectual honesty if you didn't mention the elephant on the couch, smoking cigars with his feet on the table.

UB gave it a good dodge in his post about the substitutions tho.

-Bball

Where does Peck sit anyways? I was in Section 16, Row 17. Great seats, many thanks to my folks for granting me an early birthday present!

Oh I'll bring up the issue - do the Pacers play better without Jermaine O'Neal? It's a tricky question and I look at it this way - I love our offensive flow A LOT better when Jermaine is out. So to me, it's not that I dislike Jermaine and want him traded, it's that I'd like to see him find a way to fit his game into the kind of offensive flow we had tonight. Less isolation, more movement.

And yes, Peck needs to post his Odd Thoughts! That is the only reason I came here at the moment, taking a break from my addiction to Tiger Woods 2006 on the 360! :)

pacers31tc
02-06-2006, 10:45 AM
My only odd thought was on one of Rick's postgame quotes. He said he couldn't remember the last time we had 25 assists as a team, but we just dished out 26 against the Lakers on Wednesday. I guess that's what coaching in this league does to you.

Jon Theodore
02-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I pray that Carlisle begins to realize that Jermaine could EASILY fluorish in the offensive system we are using now. He might not get 25ppg, but he would get more boards.

I really like Pollard at center. If his back allows him too, i'd like to see him starting the rest of the season. His hustle on the boards was something our team has been lacking for sometime. This would also allow Foster to essentially become a backup power forward, which to me is WHAT HE IS.

Anyone think at anytime this year we will see a line-up of

Runi, Peja, Croshere, Foster, Pollard.

When's the last time ANY team in the NBA ran a line-up of all white guys? Not that it matters and I am certainly not making racist implications. Granger is my favorite player, so put those thoughts to rest.

I'd just like to see it, solely for amusement purposes.

Will Galen
02-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Anyone think at anytime this year we will see a line-up of

Runi, Peja, Croshere, Foster, Pollard.

When's the last time ANY team in the NBA ran a line-up of all white guys? Not that it matters and I am certainly not making racist implications. Granger is my favorite player, so put those thoughts to rest.

I'd just like to see it, solely for amusement purposes.

I guess deep down you could call me a racist. Why? Because I'm really prejudiced for Blue and Gold over black and white.

hoopsforlife
02-06-2006, 10:17 PM
"When's the last time ANY team in the NBA ran a line-up of all white guys? Not that it matters and I am certainly not making racist implications. Granger is my favorite player, so put those thoughts to rest."

Danny Granger is black??????!!!!!!!! :jawdrop:

:)

TheLemonSong
02-07-2006, 01:17 PM

If it doesn't matter, why post on it? Who cares?

hoopsforlife
02-07-2006, 05:32 PM
If it doesn't matter, why post on it? Who cares?

LS: That was supposed to be a quote from JT's post. I forgot to put the quotations marks on it. Oh well..