PDA

View Full Version : Something I've noticed about Granger

Evan_The_Dude
02-04-2006, 11:47 PM
I hate to point out a single player in probably our biggest win of the year, the whole team deserves some props.

However I noticed how much Granger consistently produces even in limited minutes.

Tonight: 19 minutes, 11 points, 9 rebounds (5 offensive - against the Pistons - as a rookie at that), 1 steal, and 1 block.

Talk about making the most of your time. Peja better watch out because Granger is really looking like our future star. At the beginning of the season I expected to see Granger be some average player, but he's really something you have to be lucky enough to get. We were DAMn lucky. I didn't expect this guy to be able to go out there and rebound the way he does in his first year. I just hope he's one of those Reggie-like players that can be really durable for his entire career.

owl
02-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Granger is becoming "money" on his jumper when left alone. I can see a major
scorer in him. He reminds me so much of Pippen. Did anyone see the picture
in the Star of Pippen, Rodman and Jordan? He is built like Pippen and plays
like him IMHO

owl

317Kim
02-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Danger had another great night! He's almost like a machine when rebounding! The scoring can stay around 10 points off the bench that's good enough and he knows how to play defense and can't wait to see what he can do in the years coming!!

SoupIsGood
02-04-2006, 11:55 PM
I've noticed he is very clutch :nod:

sweabs
02-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I just love it when he goes up there for the rebound and snatches it down with one hand.

Man I love that kid. I am thinking of bringing a sign to Conseco to my 2 games, just simply saying "Thank you Danny". I'm so happy he fell into our lap.

rel
02-05-2006, 12:05 AM
However I noticed how much Granger consistently produces even in limited minutes.

Tonight: 19 minutes, 11 points, 9 rebounds (5 offensive - against the Pistons - as a rookie at that), 1 steal, and 1 block.

If he played starter minutes, say like double tonights minutes, thats like 22 points, 18 rebs...maybe

:-o

GO GRANGER

FreshPrince22
02-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Granger is great. On draft night I was praying for him to drop. Though I had a feeling when the Pacers came up they would pick him.

Deadshot
02-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I just love it when he goes up there for the rebound and snatches it down with one hand.

I agree. One play comes to mind tonight when he snatched the ball with one hand and made McDyess look pretty bad. This kid can play, and he is here to stay. Honestly, we made all of our runs in the second half with Jackson benched. On one possession, Stephen shot the ball 3 times (the third shot was a horrible selection, he just got lucky that the 3 ball found the bottom of the net).

Anthem
02-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Makes you wonder about investing big money in Peja at the end of the year, doesn't it?

BlueNGold
02-05-2006, 12:16 AM
What is great about Danny is that you know he will improve if he stays healthy. This is due to, among other things, his work ethic, personality and natural ability. He could average a double double if he started this year. His numbers are going to go up for years to come.

...and as for the Pippen comparisons, they are valid.

Mordecaii
02-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Makes you wonder about investing big money in Peja at the end of the year, doesn't it?

Nope, not at all actually. I'd like to propose something radical... how about we stop looking at Peja and Danny purely for their height, and instead look at what they bring the team... When you do this, you realize that they are so incredibly different in terms of their playstyles that they don't conflict with each other. I could easily see Peja and Danny both in there at the same time.

BlueNGold
02-05-2006, 12:24 AM

Yes. I like Peja, but we cannot invest big bucks in two SF's. Sure, DG can play some PF and SG...but we already have an all-star PF and DG is undersized at that position anyway. ...and SG takes away two of his biggest assets: shot blocking and rebounding. Danny provides a tremendous boost in this area over Artest IMO. DG belongs at SF...and Peja belongs on the trading block this summer. I hope Peja can be used as a quality trading piece to bring in a strong SG for next year.

tadscout
02-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Nope, not at all actually. I'd like to propose something radical... how about we stop looking at Peja and Danny purely for their height, and instead look at what they bring the team... When you do this, you realize that they are so incredibly different in terms of their playstyles that they don't conflict with each other. I could easily see Peja and Danny both in there at the same time.

:iagree:

Think a little more outside of the box... there's no rule saying you need to follow a phototypical line-up... look at the Suns...

Just put 5 players out there that gell and play well together...

thought_criminal
02-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Three things that I've noticed about Granger.

He rocks. I love him. I don't miss Artest.

I guess that last little bit has nothing to do with Danny. Oh well.

Arcadian
02-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I think the key is investing big money in Peja. I'd love to keep him but not at any cost.

Anthem
02-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I could easily see Peja and Danny both in there at the same time.
Haven't seen it much so far.

Granger did his best work with Peja off the court.

pizza guy
02-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Danny Granger is, what we call around here, an uber-stud. They don't come around very often, so when they do, you have to keep them. DG will be a Pacer for a looooooooooong time, and he will only get better. His rebounding is amazing, his shotblocking is great, he's long, he's quick, he's smart, he's got a nice shot from anywhere. Honestly, is he not everything you ever dreamed of?

Eindar
02-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Danny Granger is, what we call around here, an uber-stud. They don't come around very often, so when they do, you have to keep them. DG will be a Pacer for a looooooooooong time, and he will only get better. His rebounding is amazing, his shotblocking is great, he's long, he's quick, he's smart, he's got a nice shot from anywhere. Honestly, is he not everything you ever dreamed of?

Yes, but is he DEEP?

Pig Nash
02-05-2006, 02:52 AM

He's the best. I agree, and I think that he will get his minutes regardless of who else is on the floor so we should keep as many good players here as possible, and I think Peja is one of those players.

Kent_Brockman
02-05-2006, 03:09 AM
This game provides another example of Danny stuffing the statsheet. I don't think he is 100% comfortable yet, but when he gets there: watch out!! He's living up to his billing as a guy who can do a lot of things. I didn't see the game but that pass from him to Harrison for the dunk was pretty sweet.

Will Galen
02-05-2006, 09:10 AM
I think a forward rotation of JO, Peja, and Dan, would be pretty dadgum good!

Unclebuck
02-05-2006, 09:14 AM
At some point Granger is going to need to play 35 minutes every game, he'll be just too good to play anything less. For this season I think it is good for him to play 20-25 minutes a game and come off the bench, but either next season or for sure by his 3rd season he will be a 35 minute plus per game player. So that needs to be factored in to how much we want to pay for Peja, and or other trades we might want to make.

Hicks
02-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I wonder if he'd be willing to get what Al got in '04? About 30+mpg, though from the bench, but also finishing the game?

Will Galen
02-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I wonder if he'd be willing to get what Al got in '04? About 30+mpg, though from the bench, but also finishing the game?

He's pretty much doing that in the last 5 games.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19039

Pacers#1Fan
02-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Danny is definitely making a strong push for ROY. He is so solid on both ends of the floor and you can always count on him to do the intangibles. He is a stud now and is going to be a superstar.

sweabs
02-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Danny is definitely making a strong push for ROY.

He's good, but that's never going to happen.

purdue101
02-05-2006, 12:25 PM
He's good, but that's never going to happen.

agreed.

chris paul is not only going to get ROY, but he's borderline deserving of an all-star trip. that guy is only 20 and is leading NO to a playoff spot.

none the less, i think danny should be second in the voting. i know it's early, but when all is said and done, i think danny and paul will be the best players out of the 2005 draft.

PCC87
02-05-2006, 01:27 PM
I agree. One play comes to mind tonight when he snatched the ball with one hand and made McDyess look pretty bad. This kid can play, and he is here to stay. Honestly, we made all of our runs in the second half with Jackson benched. On one possession, Stephen shot the ball 3 times (the third shot was a horrible selection, he just got lucky that the 3 ball found the bottom of the net).

It was like that the other night against the Lakers we really didn't open up that big lead until Jackson left the game hurt....

able
02-05-2006, 02:00 PM
I see (if Peja is re-signed) a 2-3 combo of Danny and Peja as a good thing.

Jax would go to the role he was brought here for in the first place, energy of the bench.

starting 5 of Tins, Peja, Danny, JO, David with Scot to back up David, Jeff/Cro to back up JO, Fred and Jax to back up Peja and Danny and AJ and Saras to backup Tins, it would basically give us a 2nd 5 that are awesome in all regards.

pizza guy
02-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I see (if Peja is re-signed) a 2-3 combo of Danny and Peja as a good thing.

Jax would go to the role he was brought here for in the first place, energy of the bench.

starting 5 of Tins, Peja, Danny, JO, David with Scot to back up David, Jeff/Cro to back up JO, Fred and Jax to back up Peja and Danny and AJ and Saras to backup Tins, it would basically give us a 2nd 5 that are awesome in all regards.

That sounds wonderful, except for the JTins and SJax parts. I'd still rather see them traded, and we know that Tins wouldn't be able to start half the games anyways.

BTW, what's the ticker at now for Tinsley's Games Played vs Games Missed?

rexnom
02-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Although Danny makes me comfortable knowing that if Peja leaves it's not the end of the world, I still have to wonder what's going to happen at that 3 spot. Danny needs to be a 3. He needs to start at the 3. He is meant to play starter's minutes against starters at the 3.

The only problem is that it seems as if Bird wants Peja to be here long term and I worry about Peja's abilities to play the 2. Danny can play the 4 like he did last night but when J.O. returns what's going to happen then? I liked our big guy lineups that crushed the Wallaces on the boards. I don't want Rick to stop with that and throw out J.O. at the 5 and play small ball. I absolutely love Peja's game and I think it is great but our future is with Danny, right? Am I saying we should sign and trade Peja? Well, not yet. But after our long thread/discussion on iit, I am starting to buy into the hype that there is going to be a logjam at the 3. Danny is not like Al and he can't continue with those minutes forever.

Swingman
02-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Why not have Granger and Peja split time at the 3 and then have Granger back up O'neal at the 4. That would give Granger a good 30 minutes a game at least.

It all depends on how much Peja is going to cost us. I think Granger can pull down 30 minutes a game with Peja still in the lineup.

Pig Nash
02-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Why not have Granger and Peja split time at the 3 and then have Granger back up O'neal at the 4. That would give Granger a good 30 minutes a game at least.

It all depends on how much Peja is going to cost us. I think Granger can pull down 30 minutes a game with Peja still in the lineup.

That's what I'm thinking.

DH/Foster
JO/Granger
Granger/Peja
Jack/Fred
AJ/Sarunas

rexnom
02-05-2006, 03:13 PM
That's what I'm thinking.

DH/Foster
JO/Granger
Granger/Peja
Jack/Fred
AJ/Sarunas

Peja off the bench? Come on. What are the chances of that ever happening.

Pig Nash
02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
In my dreams. I really think that uses the talent of this team the best. Peja can be the focal point of the second unit. At the end of the game I would want:

JO
Granger
Peja
Fred
Sarunas

(i've given up on the Tinman, he's no use to me in lineups because he's always out of them)