PDA

View Full Version : I love when we play with energy

Suaveness
02-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Do you ever notice HOW MUCH BETTER we play when we're trying hard like this? As Mark noted, we shot 39%, but because we played with hustle and rebounded the ball, we won. Why, oh why can't we play like this every game?

Jon Theodore
02-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Because we run the offense through Jermaine and it's not fun for anybody and they could careless about watching Jermaine get owned.

Anthem
02-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Because everyone was coasting waiting for the Ron trade to get done.

Ragnar
02-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Because we run the offense through Jermaine and it's not fun for anybody and they could careless about watching Jermaine get owned.

This is part of the reason Rick needs to go. Unless of course Rick keeps this system in place when J.O. comes back.

317Kim
02-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Effort and Energy :2tup:

SoupIsGood
02-04-2006, 11:16 PM

In the regular season.

Come playoff time, we get both JO's skills and the rest of the team trying hard. Hence our nice little run last year.

Unclebuck
02-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Do you ever notice HOW MUCH BETTER we play when we're trying hard like this? As Mark noted, we shot 39%, but because we played with hustle and rebounded the ball, we won. Why, oh why can't we play like this every game?

Suave, I love it when the Pacers play hard, it is great to see. But I'll admit it just isn't physically possible to play this hard every night. The schedule has been very kind to the Pacers.

They've played 4 games in the last 11 days.
In the previous 12 days they played 9 games and they never had more than 1 day between games.

The number of games in a short period of time is a huge factor that impacts how hard a team plays, and it is not discussed enough.

Plus it was the Pistons and plus the crowd last night was just great.

What the pacers have to find is a consistant effort, that is one of the biggest reasons why they won 61 games two seasons ago.

shags
02-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Suave, I love it when the Pacers play hard, it is great to see. But I'll admit it just isn't physically possible to play this hard every night. The schedule has been very kind to the Pacers.

They've played 4 games in the last 11 days.
In the previous 12 days they played 9 games and they never had more than 1 day between games.

The number of games in a short period of time is a huge factor that impacts how hard a team plays, and it is not discussed enough.

Plus it was the Pistons and plus the crowd last night was just great.

What the pacers have to find is a consistant effort, that is one of the biggest reasons why they won 61 games two seasons ago.

Completely agree. So many times during an NBA season the schedule dictates the amount of effort it's possible for teams to give. It evens itself out throughout the year, so no team gets adversely affected than any other.

I didn't realize the Pacers had only played 4 games in 11 days. The Pistons were playing there 4th in 5 days, and 5th in 7. It shouldn't be a surprise that the Pacers were the team with all the energy, the team getting all the loose balls. I looked at this game two months ago, quickly realized that, and thought that if the Pistons won, it'd be there best win of the season, no matter what else happened.

To me, that's the beauty of the playoffs. Unless a team is coming off a 7 game series victory and playing Game 1 against a team that won a short series, it's the same for both teams.