PDA

View Full Version : Artest hurt

Will Galen
02-04-2006, 12:17 AM
He was holding his side when he walked off the floor.

Personally I think at his weight he's going to be hurt a lot. Ron's the better player but I believe the Pacers got the best of the deal with Sac. (Not considering the outside stuff)

Will Galen
02-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Funny, now he's back. Probably got his ribs wrapped.

Before he left he had been holding his side for 5 minutes. Finally he grabbed a Utah player just so he could get off the floor.

Jermaniac
02-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Adelman didnt let him come back in the game, Ron looked real hurt and pissed too but whatever.

And the Kings go 0-20 in the 4th qtr, not ONE bucket. LMAO.

317Kim
02-04-2006, 12:37 AM
:eek: That's sad about them not getting the any FGs.

denyfizle
02-04-2006, 12:39 AM
call me an a##hole but i think his injury is called sports karma.

8.9_seconds
02-04-2006, 12:41 AM
a##hole

Trader Joe
02-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Karma=*****. Don't expect to shed any tears.

SweetNSourPork
02-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Artest was going up for a left-handed tomahawk like dunk and AK47 STUFFED him. it caused him to pull a muscle in his side.

That's sad about them not getting the any FGs.

the Kings went 0 for 20 shooting in the 4th! :-o

the coulda used Peja. :D

Fireball Kid
02-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Okay I just got through watching the highlights. That was so sick because he didnt dunk on just anybody. That was AK-47 he dunked on. That even looks like the same move he did on Drew Gooden in the Cavs game(when he was in the line-up).

Even though I dislike his antics off the court, I still respect his overall game.

Raskolnikov
02-04-2006, 04:15 AM
I saw the highlights too. Artest made some pretty impressive moves.

tora tora
02-04-2006, 05:04 AM
That was nothing, did you see how he abused Kenyon Martin the other day? Crazy!

Slick Pinkham
02-04-2006, 09:04 AM
I watched the 2nd half on League Pass.

You can't tell from the stat sheet, but AK-47 was very well contained until Ron went out with 5:32 left. I think he got 10 points after that.

I think when Ron went out through 3 1/2 quarters AK-47 had 5 field goal ATTEMPTS. He only ended with 7. He got to the line a lot, especially late after Ron pulled the rib muscle trying to dunk over AK-47.

That team 0-20 was quite a total offensive meltdown. :yikes:

Mourning
02-04-2006, 09:25 AM
I couldn't care less about what happenned to Ron.

rexnom
02-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I couldn't care less about what happenned to Ron.

I would love to be as detached but, as much as I hate to admit it, I seem to be following Ron as close as ever. I've followed every single Kings game he's played in so far and I've been monitoring his performance. I don't want to but I just can't help it...secretely inside cheering every time the Kings lose...too bad he went down last night though. I hate injuries, regardless of who it is who gets injured. They really could have used him.

Unclebuck
02-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I watched the whole game and it is interesting to see the Kings run about 90% of the plays through Ron when he's in the game. They pretty much give him the ball and let him create.

I like to see Ron do well, and the Kings to do well.

indygeezer
02-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Can I get a moment of silence for Ron Artest? He gave us some memorable moments..........................................T here. Now be done with it, life goes on and he's no longer among us.

ALL HAIL THE PACERS

HAIL THE PACERS!!

Harmonica
02-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Can I get a moment of silence for Ron Artest? He gave us some memorable moments..........................................T here. Now be done with it, life goes on and he's no longer among us.

ALL HAIL THE PACERS

HAIL THE PACERS!!

:amen:

Mourning
02-04-2006, 10:45 AM
:amen:

Indeed! :amen:

Raskolnikov
02-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Me too.

:shrug:

Jermaniac
02-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I watched the whole game and it is interesting to see the Kings run about 90% of the plays through Ron when he's in the game. They pretty much give him the ball and let him create.

Awwwwwww thats so nice, he cares to see little Ronnie do well and his team does well. After all the **** he pulled with this team, I hope he never makes the playoffs or the all star game ever in his life. I laughed at him when he got hurt.

Hicks
02-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I laughed at him when he got hurt.

You would pick the day after DG-33 got booted for similar talk to say that.

Moses
02-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Awwwwwww thats so nice, he cares to see little Ronnie do well and his team does well. After all the **** he pulled with this team, I hope he never makes the playoffs or the all star game ever in his life. I laughed at him when he got hurt.
We all know Ron will make the all-star team. He's the best two way player in the league. He is a scumbag for what he did to this team but since he is no longer on it, I don't wish him any harm. I'd actually like to see him do well and get more people to like him because I can't even imagine how much hate mail the man has gotten from fans all over the globe. It's one thing to not cheer for him and hope he plays terribly but it's another to say you hope he gets hurt. Human being first, Basketball player second.

Jermaniac
02-04-2006, 01:59 PM
You would pick the day after DG-33 got booted for similar talk to say that.I was joking of course, the Sarunas fan didnt get banned for saying he is happy Jack got hurt because he was joking. And of course I'm joking too.

Mourning
02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't want him injured, but I also likewise definitely don't want him to do well either, he's done too much damage for a too long period now and too come for me to wish him doing well in the game.

But, I don't want to even think about him, considering he's not on my team anymore.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Jermaniac
02-04-2006, 02:01 PM
We all know Ron will make the all-star team. He's the best two way player in the league. He is a scumbag for what he did to this team but since he is no longer on it, I don't wish him any harm. I'd actually like to see him do well and get more people to like him because I can't even imagine how much hate mail the man has gotten from fans all over the globe. It's one thing to not cheer for him and hope he plays terribly but it's another to say you hope he gets hurt. Human being first, Basketball player second.I didnt say I hope he gets hurt I said I laughed when he got hurt.Reading is fundamental.

Hicks
02-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I was joking of course, the Sarunas fan didnt get banned for saying he is happy Jack got hurt because he was joking. And of course I'm joking too.

Actually, he did. Turned out to be another Seth alias.

Jaydawg2270
02-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Hicks how do you find this stuff out?

SycamoreKen
02-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Could the Kings please keep Ron away from Brad Miller? I don't need his injury virus sinking my fantasy team now that Ron is back. It's bad enough I have Miller's annual injury to deal with.

I really wish Ron could be doing those things for us, but its no surprise he isn't. I wish him the best, except when he plays us or the Spurs.

SycamoreKen
02-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Hicks how do you find this stuff out?

Hicks is a secret member of Pres. Bush's wire tap/internet survalence team. The whole college thing is just a cover.

Peck
02-04-2006, 03:04 PM
This thread is very telling.

When Dale Davis was traded from the Pacers to the Blazers I never watched their games, read their webpages or rooted for their team.

To me it's amazing the amount of people still watching this guys every move on the floor.

As Indygeezer said. All Hail the Pacers.

Mourning
02-04-2006, 03:07 PM

When Dale Davis was traded from the Pacers to the Blazers I never watched their games, read their webpages or rooted for their team.

To me it's amazing the amount of people still watching this guys every move on the floor.

And again: :amen:

;)

Raskolnikov
02-04-2006, 03:11 PM

Just let us be. Next time there's a thread about Ron Artest just ignore it. Or maybe we should talk about him in the NBA random thoughts thread.

Of course.

Slick Pinkham
02-04-2006, 03:16 PM

The Pacers weren't playing, the Pistons game was over, they weren't other interesting games on, and I have league pass.

I've never been to a Kings web page, but I like to watch NBA basketball and was curious to see how they are adapting to Ron.

I personally despise him and expect an implosion next year.

Because I look at the potential train wreck, I fail some type of Peck litmus test for Pacer fandom?

:confused:

rexnom
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't think Ron will make the all-star team any time soon. Unless the Kings go on a huge spurt to win 50 or 60 games next year (which is possible of course). There are so many good forwards in the West. T-Mac and Duncan will prolly be voted in as starters again next year. After that you have two spots and the center spot. You can give the center spot to someone like Gasol. But then you got KG and Dirk who are clearly ahead of Artest on the totem pole. And don't forget Marion or Stoudamire. Or Carmelo Anthony, Elton Brand, and Andrei Kirilenko who are all perenially all-star worthy. In addition to that you have wild cards like Marcus Camby who could have great years like this year and sneak in if their teams are good enough. West is tough. And, yes, I am really happy it is.

Slick Pinkham
02-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Ron will not be an all-star until the Kings contend and he is in the upper half of this list of western forwards:

Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitski
Pau Gasol
Tracy McGrady
Shawn Marion
Kevin Garnett
Carmelo Anthony
Elton Brand
Andrei Kirilenko

That will never happen, IMO

indytoad
02-04-2006, 03:33 PM
As far as Ron and the All-Star game goes, I'm not sure he'll ever be able to get voted in (not over Duncan, Garnett, or Nowitski)... Which leaves the question, would the coaches vote him in? I'm not sure how he's viewed by that group.

IndyToad
Wierd divide

Mac_Daddy
02-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I lost all repect for Ron when he requested the trade. I chuckled to myself when I found out he got injured. I may be an a##hole, but I really don't care. When I lose faith in people, they may as well be dead to me.

Slick Pinkham
02-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks Toad-- I meant of that list, Ron will likely stay near the bottom in terms of fan voting and only winning and staying out of trouble will move him way up.

rexnom
02-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I stand by what I said and I doubt Ron will get many more all-star nods. He would if he was in the East on a team similar to Sacramento. As far as popularity goes, Ron will never be as popular as T-Mac, KG, or TD. Regardless of what happens. Also, among the rest of those elite forwards, Ron is still at the bottom popularity-wise. He might deserve to be an all-star someday and I can't foretell what will happen in coming seasons but if the NBA keeps going at its current pace, I think it's going to be very hard for Ron to get in. He is going to have to beat out many coach's favorites and many extremely good and deserving players.

Peck
02-04-2006, 04:37 PM
The Pacers weren't playing, the Pistons game was over, they weren't other interesting games on, and I have league pass.

I've never been to a Kings web page, but I like to watch NBA basketball and was curious to see how they are adapting to Ron.

Because I look at the potential train wreck, I fail some type of Peck litmus test for Pacer fandom?

No need to be so defensive. If your looking for a train wreck, fine I believe you.

If you even said you just wanted to watch Ron play it's non of my business. But I just find it odd that people have watched every game he has played in since the trade.

owl
02-04-2006, 04:52 PM
What I would be curious to see is how the Kings are using Ron and to see
if the Pacers might have used him differently. Of course if he never plays it does not matter how you use him. I have not seen Ron in a game yet.
I will see him when he plays the Pacers on March 17. However I never saw
him play a single game in person when he was here. Every time I tried he was
injured or suspended. I tried at least a half dozen times. So with that in mind
I doubt he plays the game I am going to. :-(
If that happens I may start to wonder about it :-)

owl

Mourning
02-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Here in DC, people loved Arenas, but as soon as he was gone all I ever heard was "we dont need him" etc....

What did I miss this last week :huh:.

;)

denyfizle
02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Ron is a good player- for a short period of time. Great players are those who come with it on a night in and night out basis for a long period of time. So all of this Artest overrated crap just proves that absence makes the heart grow fonder (i threw that in for VDAY, kinda relevant don't you think ) So I really can't put Ron on top of any of those WEST forwards you listed. Maybe after he recovers from his sports karma injury then he can work on being great- thing is i heard this injury is the chronic kind. :evil:

PacerMan
02-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Okay I just got through watching the highlights. That was so sick because he didnt dunk on just anybody. That was AK-47 he dunked on. That even looks like the same move he did on Drew Gooden in the Cavs game(when he was in the line-up).

Even though I dislike his antics off the court, I still respect his overall game.

Yeh, it was so sick he MISSED it!!

PacerMan
02-04-2006, 05:22 PM
You would pick the day after DG-33 got booted for similar talk to say that.

I laughed too. And he didn't say quite the same thing.

Unclebuck
02-04-2006, 05:35 PM
No need to be so defensive. If your looking for a train wreck, fine I believe you.

If you even said you just wanted to watch Ron play it's non of my business. But I just find it odd that people have watched every game he has played in since the trade.

If the Pacers aren't playing and the Kings are I'm going to watch the Kings if Ron is playing.

Hicks
02-04-2006, 05:41 PM
I watched their Boston game and the first quarter and final minutes of last night's game. Ron is a fun player to watch. Especially when he can't hurt your team.

Doug
02-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Who's this "Ron" guy you all keep talking about?

:-)

Kstat
02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Ron is a fun player to watch. Especially when he can't hurt your team.

:laugh: I've been telling you guys that for years.....

I've caught every Ron Kings game so far.

rexnom
02-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Ron is a fun player to watch. Especially when he can't hurt your team.

That is so true...I think I'm gonna by that from now on. Just enjoy his game with the satisfaction of knowing whatever happens the Pacers are unaffected by his behavior and without the fear of him exploding and ruining our season.

Moses
02-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I didnt say I hope he gets hurt I said I laughed when he got hurt.Reading is fundamental.
Oh, Ok. You only laugh at people who get hurt. Thats completely 100% alright.

PacerMan
02-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh, Ok. You only laugh at people who get hurt. Thats completely 100% alright.

here's a hint: maybe our venom at Ron leads us to reactions that would not otherwise occur to us.(it's called bitterness)

Raskolnikov
02-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Yeh, it was so sick he MISSED it!!
No he didn't. You're probably talking about another play. In which he missed a dunk.

Watch the highlights.

aceace
02-05-2006, 05:11 AM

I like to see Ron do well, and the Kings to do well.Your last name Simon

aceace
02-05-2006, 05:14 AM

:confused:Why don't you just admit that you watched the game... just in case RonRon decides to go in the stands and kick a cheerleader

Eindar
02-05-2006, 05:22 AM
Well, on a pure entertainment scale, there can't be 5 guys who are more enjoyable to watch play the game, primarily because he can change the game on either end of the court. On top of that, he's a sideshow, and a lot of people will watch just in the hopes of seeing Ron do something crazy, even if it's just him throwing a water bottle or humping a mascot or something.

Kstat has it right, the man is entertainment plus, especially when he's not playing for your team.

Slick Pinkham
02-05-2006, 01:05 PM
sorry Peck, that I got defensive.

I'm not sure WHY I find it compelling to check in on how he is doing, since I really resent everything he put this organization and all its fans through. But I do.