PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Michael Jordan in the 2003 ASG rates as the favorite of JO

denyfizle
02-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Jermaine O'Neal's All-Star Memories
http://www.nba.com/allstar2006/moments_joneal.html

It's Gotta Be the Shoes
The best memory for me is three years ago in Atlanta, Michael Jordan's last All-Star Game. Being able to play with him was great. He signed his last pair of All-Star game shoes and gave them to me, so that has to be the most memorable moment for me. I told him in the locker room, "I'm gonna steal either your jersey or your shoes, so give me one of them."

He gave me the shoes because he wanted to keep his jersey. Michael Jordan is the greatest player to play the game and his influence on basketball and on people's lives meant so much, so it meant a lot to me to have the opportunity to get that last pair of shoes.

A few years before that, when I was in Portland, he did an interview about me with a reporter out there. He said that he liked what he saw and that I just had to keep getting better. That meant a lot and that is still in the scrapbook. Anytime that Michael Jordan says anything good about you, you gotta think that the sky's the limit, because it doesn't get any better than him.

A Magical Return
There are so many memories... The year that Magic Johnson came back from HIV and had an unbelievable game. That was a real memorable situation because he was going through a lot, he had been out for a while and came back, and he still looked like Magic Johnson. Unless you're in the same situation, you don't know what he's going through, but you know he's going through a lot. You can't really feel what he's going through but you can just admire the heart and the dedication that he puts in. Even today, he's keeping himself healthy and he's educating other people about that particular disease.

For him to be out there playing at the level that he played and all the guys showing him the love that they showed him during and after the game, it was a real emotional moment. You remember those types of moments the rest of your life.

The First Time
The first time you're an All-Star is the most unbelievable feeling. My first one was in Philly four years ago and I could not sleep. Everything was new to me and I was fairly new to that scene. When I first got into the game, I just wanted to dunk everything I could. That's the first opportunity to really show the world on an elite stage what you can do. It was the most unbelievable feeling and it just makes you want to keep getting that feeling over and over again.

As far as I can remember JO lost this game for the EAST. I was living in Cali then. We were just clowning JO for fouling KB8 while shooting a 3 after that MJ jumper off the Matrix.

Hicks
02-03-2006, 04:14 PM
It was a weak call to make IMO. But then, it was MJ-lite shooting the ball in the cluch, he's gonna get that call.

denyfizle
02-03-2006, 04:20 PM
yeah MJ high life sucks