PDA

View Full Version : Basketball IQ...

RWB
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I know members have mentioned before, all the talent in the world does no good without the bball IQ. I guess this is a good example of what you are saying. Courtesy of www.benmaller.com and

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3633011.html

Stromile has been, by and large, a bust in his first season with the Rockets after signing a five-year, $30 million contract as a free agent last summer. Swift admitted as much Thursday, one day after he was held out of an 86-84 victory over Milwaukee because he was late for Wednesday morning's shootaround. "I don't think it's gone how I wanted it to go," Swift said of his first season in Houston. "I've kind of struggled learning the terminology. I've learned a lot, and I'm still learning. "But I would say it's been kind of slow. I just want to get better."

SwissExpress
02-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Not too surprising - Rockets sometimes seem to have a million of different plays... not everyone would be able to get into the system fast.

Skaut_Ech
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Another stupid basketball player who left school early, and now fumbles through life without a clue.

Okay, I'm being mean.

But really now. It's basketball, not Triginometry or Calculus. Like I've said before. He only has to committ 2-3 hours out of his day for practice. Other than that, all he's got is free time and money. He's been to college, even if it was only two years. He knows how to study, right?

It's freaking basketball. You have a ton of teammates, coaches and film at your disposal. Kid has a TON of talent, but it's become obvious on each team he's played, he's as dumb as dirt.

(How can you be late to practice? What else do you HAVE to do??)

Suaveness
02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Trig and Calc weren't hard either....:-p

Unclebuck
02-03-2006, 02:47 PM

yes they were

denyfizle
02-03-2006, 03:31 PM

math sucks!!!