PDA

View Full Version : Star} Idled O'Neal gets all-star nod

Will Galen
02-03-2006, 01:48 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060202/SPORTS04/602020501/1088

February 2, 2006

Idled O'Neal gets all-star nod
Granger, Jasikevicius in Rookie Challenge; Jackson on the mend

By Mike Wells
mike.wells@indystar.com

Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal was selected Thursday to start in the NBA All-Star Game for the third time.

O'Neal, who has a torn groin muscle and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season, plans to attend the game in Houston Feb. 19 as a spectator. This is his fifth consecutive all-star selection, all since joining the Pacers.

"It's always an honor to make it, but it's an even bigger honor when the fans vote you in. I've been fortunate to have that happen to me three times," said O'Neal, who is averaging 20.9 points and 9.8 rebounds. "If I was physically able to play I would, but right now I've got to focus on getting healthy so that I can help my teammates."

Miami's Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal, Philadelphia's Allen Iverson and Cleveland's LeBron James are the other starters on the Eastern Conference team. The reserves will be announced Thursday.

O'Neal won't be the only Pacer taking part in All-Star weekend. Rookies Danny Granger and Sarunas Jasikevicius were selected to play in the Rookie Challenge game Feb. 17.

Pacers shooting guard Stephen Jackson left Methodist Hospital Thursday and is listed as questionable for Saturday's game against Detroit.

Further examination of his left hip and left elbow showed no fractures. Jackson was injured when he collided with Lakers forward Brian Cook late in the first half of Wednesday's game.
-------------

tora tora
02-03-2006, 01:55 AM
expected to miss the rest of the regular season :notlisten

317Kim
02-03-2006, 05:40 AM
That's great that he was selected but the IS is getting confusing, just a few days ago JO said the doctors told him he could be ready to go in 4-6 weeks, and now they're saying he's expected to miss the regular season.

Will Galen
02-03-2006, 06:19 AM
That's great that he was selected but the IS is getting confusing, just a few days ago JO said the doctors told him he could be ready to go in 4-6 weeks, and now they're saying he's expected to miss the regular season.

I have a prejudice against Well's, so I blame him for not knowing the latest.

able
02-03-2006, 07:04 AM
I have a prejudice against Well's, so I blame him for not knowing the latest.
While indeed some here rave about him, I find him irritatingly un-informed and his articles of tabloid level.

It does not surprise me in the least that MM is writing more and more "core" articles.

Telling "the truth" is one thing, inventing it another and not bothering to keep/be informed yet another.

I am under the distinct impression that he thrives on writing the articles with "revelations" and inuendos rather then well informed articles.

And the more I read stuff like the AJ article earlier, and this above, the more I see this confirmed.

Doug in CO
02-03-2006, 09:09 AM
I wish I could tell you I was shocked to read that article and that one line - but this is typical Indy Star BS where they have their head so far up their *** that they can't ever get their story straight.

Indianapolis deserves better than the Star - hell Mayberry deserves better.

MagicRat
02-03-2006, 09:20 AM
FWIW, on Rick's show last night he said Stephen didn't stay in the hospital overnight, but left after getting the xray and MRI results. I guess he could've been there past midnight, but the way it's worded in the article seems a little mis-leading (although Pacers.com says he was kept overnight also).......:whoknows: