PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest article in Slam magazine

sweabs
02-02-2006, 11:33 PM
d

GO!!!!!
02-02-2006, 11:49 PM
nothing personal but I hate SLAM mag, I bought that on monday when i needed to travel for work on a bus and read it in 3 minutes and the rest was crap, spent a hour reading the newspaper and the rest of the time a Bike mag that cost half of SLAM, I don't like it much and think it's the worse bball mag ever..

Sorry for the rant...

denyfizle
02-03-2006, 02:38 AM
Slam always defends players like Artest. They advocate the ghetto hype. I used to love SLAM, until it got redundant and boring- and til SCOOP left the building. You just know what they're going to say after reading a few issues. The only good that keeps me interested from time to time are their grassroots articles.

Pacesetter
02-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I guess I am alone in really enjoying Slam and Dime.....

I'd like to read it if you have a link.

CableKC
02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
If we were to look at this like any other player......he is right...the Pacers should have simply ignored the trade request....cuz players do request to be traded from their current teams from time to time...or at least hint at it through their agents ( like Eric Williams, Reggie Evans, etc ). The difference is that there is a history with Artest that the Pacers can't ignore.

IMHO....I think that its true that if Walsh/Bird/Artest and his Dumb@ss Agent were a little bit more patient....that everything could have put a halt to the trade if Artest simply went to Walsh/Bird and resolved things. All of them could have been patient and try to really hash things out and clear up any misunderstanding....which there appeared to have been alot of after the trade request.

But I don't like that Artest doesn't accept any blame for this......it was Artest that not only started down the wrong path.....he ultimately forced the issue and Walsh's hand when he went and did the TV interview.