PDA

View Full Version : Would Brewer have helped us against Detroit?

BillS
04-05-2004, 09:17 AM
With the debate about AJ at point, and the fact that only Ron seemed to have the defensive intensity at times ...

What might have changed if we had Brewer available to fill in at PG?

Hicks
04-05-2004, 09:20 AM
The offense would be just as bad. Seeing that Billups only hit two shots today, I don't imagine he'd have made much of a difference on the other side of the ball, either.

Maybe, MAYBE, he could have been better at bringing the ball up the court because of his speed, but I question how well he handles the ball.

Peck
04-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Nothing would have changed, IMO.

If Brewer could have come in & hit some open shots that might have changed the game, but at this point I don't think he would have been any better than the other two.

I guess I just don't see as to where Billups hurt us that much on the offensive end.

I like Jamison, but he's just not ready.

Unclebuck
04-05-2004, 09:24 AM
No, not at all.

Ragnar
04-05-2004, 10:25 AM
No, not at all.

At the bare minimum there would have been 2 less 8 second calls and we would have been able to initiate our offense earlier in the shot clock.

To say no not at all is unfair to Brewer's ball handling skills and his defensive intensity.

However it is a moot point because Brewer will be left off the playoff roster. It is becoming a disturbing trend of leaving players that could have helped off of the playoff roster.

(Foster in 00 and Brewer last year)

ChicagoJ
04-05-2004, 10:39 AM
No, not at all.

At the bare minimum there would have been 2 less 8 second calls and we would have been able to initiate our offense earlier in the shot clock.

To say no not at all is unfair to Brewer's ball handling skills and his defensive intensity.

However it is a moot point because Brewer will be left off the playoff roster. It is becoming a disturbing trend of leaving players that could have helped off of the playoff roster.

(Foster in 00 and Brewer last year)

Don't forget the Al Harrington vs. Marcus Camby matchup in 1999 that never happened. :mad: That one legitimately cost us a championship.

Oh, and with Brewer on the court, we might have had four 8-second violations. His court vision strikes me as being worse than AJ. Actually, his court vision strikes me as being worse that Travis Bust's. Sure he's quick, but there's no way he could find the timeline against that Pistons pressure defense. :P

Ragnar
04-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Oh, and with Brewer on the court, we might have had four 8-second violations. His court vision strikes me as being worse than AJ. Actually, his court vision strikes me as being worse that Travis Bust's. Sure he's quick, but there's no way he could find the timeline against that Pistons pressure defense. :P

Brewer has had one 8 second violation and it was because the entry pass to him from out of bounds was fast and he was not ready for it.

Whenever he is pressed he breaks the press. That back court pressure would have played right into his strengths.

Remember how every team in the league figured out that all they had to do was trap the back court and play zone against us and they would win. Even Orlando took it to us that way and we started a .500 stretch right before Tins came back and got us out of it.

Well when Kenny went down and they were using Brewer as the backup the trap would work like gangbuster with AJ, but when Brewer would come into the game they other team would try it and Brewer would break it every time. He did it so well they would stop trying after a couple of minutes.

Heck him and Tinsley so totaly destroy the trap and zone that it is why we have not seen it much untill yesterday. When by no coincidence neither of them were available to play.