PDA

View Full Version : Who's your All-Star reserves?

shags
02-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Now that the starters have been announced, who do you think will be voted in as the reserves for the All-Star team? Here's my choices.

EAST:
Starters:
G-Allen Iverson
G-Dwyane Wade
F-LeBron James
F-Jermaine O'Neal
C-Shaquille O'Neal

Reserves:
G-Chauncey Billups
G-Gilbert Arenas
F-Paul Pierce
F-Rasheed Wallace*
C-Ben Wallace
WC-Vince Carter
WC-Richard Hamilton

Injury replacement-Chris Bosh

Biggest snubs-Michael Redd, Jason Kidd

*-Start due to injury

WEST:
Starters:
G-Steve Nash
G-Kobe Bryant
F-Tracy McGrady
F-Tim Duncan
C-Yao Ming

Reserves:
G-Tony Parker
G-Ray Allen
F-Dirk Nowitzki
F-Kevin Garnett
C-Pau Gasol
WC-Elton Brand
WC-Shawn Marion

Biggest snubs-Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul

rexnom
02-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Two things about the snubs there in the Western Conference...
1.) I think Melo will get in over Pau Gasol. He is having too good of a season and kept that team together through injuries.
2.) What has Tony Parker done to make himself more worthy than Chris Paul? What about Ray Allen? The NO Hornets are in the playoffs by a few games in the Western Conference and this year's team is worse in almost every single way outside of Chris Paul.

FreshPrince22
02-02-2006, 09:01 PM
2.) What has Tony Parker done to make himself more worthy than Chris Paul? What about Ray Allen? The NO Hornets are in the playoffs by a few games in the Western Conference and this year's team is worse in almost every single way outside of Chris Paul.

The dude is a PG and he leads the league in points in the paint. He also shoots some insane 54% from the field.

rexnom
02-02-2006, 09:05 PM
The dude is a PG and he leads the league in points in the paint. He also shoots some insane 54% from the field.

Obviously Parker is having a sick year, he wouldn't be in this conversation if he wasn't. However, did anyone expect the Hornets to be this good? And if you watch them, it's Paul that makes them go in every which way. He not only scores and passes but really leads the team as well. I would probably pick him over TP. That doesn't mean that I don't think TP is all-star worthy.

shags
02-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Two things about the snubs there in the Western Conference...
1.) I think Melo will get in over Pau Gasol. He is having too good of a season and kept that team together through injuries.

1) You have to vote at least 2 guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center as reserves. The West is loaded with all-star caliber forwards. According to 82games.com, Gasol's played nearly half his minutes this year at center, so I think you can get around the rule and put him in as a center. Melo's caught in a number's crunch, IMO.

2) I would put Paul ahead of Allen instead of Parker, if I had to pick one. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Paul made it. Parker's having a career year for a team on pace to win 60+ games.

Young
02-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Here are my all-star reserves:

East:

- Chauncey Billups
- Gilbert Arenas
- Paul Pierce
- Chris Webber
- Ben Wallace
- Jason Kidd
- Richard Hamilton

West:

- Chris Paul
- Ray Allen
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Kevin Garnett
- Pau Gasol
- Elton Brand
- Shawn Marion

SoupIsGood
02-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Sarunas J
Fred Jones
Jeff Foster
Austin Croshere

bulldog
02-03-2006, 02:13 AM
1) You have to vote at least 2 guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center as reserves.
According to Marc Stein's ESPN.com article, coaches can put guys in whatever position they want.
Gasol will get in cause they can put him at center, for example.

Jose Slaughter
02-03-2006, 04:23 AM
I think Camby is gonna get in, but I couldn't tell ya who should get bumped to give him a spot.

Shade
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Sarunas J
Fred Jones
Jeff Foster
Austin Croshere

David Harrison would like to have a word with you. :nono:

Rytas_Jega
02-03-2006, 01:46 PM
If I were David Stern, I would order to vote for those reserve lines:

Eastern conference

C - Jamaal Magloire
F - Anrew Bogut
F - Luol Deng
G - Ben Gordon
G - Jose Calderon

G - Hidayet Turkoglu
F - Dan Gadzuric

F - Anderson Varejao - Jarmaine's replacement

Wester conference

C - Mehmet Okur
F - Pau Gasol
F - Dirk Nowitzki
G - Emanuel Ginobili
G - Anthony William Parker

F - Andrei Kirilenko
F - Boris Diaw

Slick Pinkham
02-03-2006, 02:00 PM
big logjam of Forwards in the West that deserve an All Star roster spot:

Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitski
Pau Gasol
Tracy McGrady
Shawn Marion
Kevin Garnett
Carmelo Anthony
Elton Brand
Andrei Kirilenko

How many can you take?

whom do you leave out?

(Jay will get really excited by the proper use of "whom")