PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Wants Eighth Seed

Pacersfan.
02-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Yes, you saw it correctly, Jermaine wants the eighth seed. He think the Pacers have a great chance against them now that they have their size back with Peja here. This is of course if they all stay healthy. Charles passed out after that statement (almost). Charles thinks Pacers can be second best team in East, but cannot beat Detroit. They also think this is a really good trade for Pacers, but Peja hurts them defensively. (TNT)

Kstat
02-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes, you saw it correctly, Jermaine wants the eighth seed. He think the Pacers have a great chance against them now that they have their size back with Peja here. This is of course if they all stay healthy. Charles passed out after that statement (almost). Charles thinks Pacers can be second best team in East, but cannot beat Detroit. They also think this is a really good trade for Pacers, but Peja hurts them defensively. (TNT)

I refuse to believe JO actually said he wanted to be the 8th seed....

Did he hurt his head as well as his groin?

Then again, am I wrong in remembering he said something similiar last year too about wanting to play Detroit?

shags
02-02-2006, 08:31 PM

Be careful what you wish for . . . . .

Conflict
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
What is he thinking, think they can beat Pistons in a best of 5, never this year.

Hope for the 7th spot and get Miami! Miami is another team that don't know if it's on the right track!

Kstat
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
What is he thinking, think they can beat Pistons in a best of 5, never this year.

It's best of 7 now.

diamonddave00
02-02-2006, 08:34 PM
My guess is Jermaine said if the Pacers are healthy they can beat anyone- Aldridge said Pistons ? and JO said bring them on if we are healthy. I truely doubt he said we want them in the 1st round.

Conflict
02-02-2006, 08:35 PM
It's best of 7 now.

Yeah sorry my bad, but its another bad thing for us!:(

Kstat
02-02-2006, 08:36 PM
My guess is Jermaine said if the Pacers are healthy they can beat anyone- Aldridge said Pistons ? and JO said bring them on if we are healthy. I truely doubt he said we want them in the 1st round.

Yeah, JO's smarter than that.

Los Angeles
02-02-2006, 08:39 PM
It's a "Jump to Conclusions Mat". You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

rexnom
02-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I think J.O. wants to play the Pistons and I applaud him. I want to play the Pistons too because they are our rivals. But J.O., like me, is a sane person(this is why we kept him and traded the other one away, remember?) and I think what he meant was that he would be alright with the Pistons and he feels very confident in his team. Off the record I'm sure he'd prefer the 6 or 7 seed.

Kstat
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
...or maybe he misses his buddy sheed... :buddies:

Suaveness
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I'd hope he wants to play them. I have no problem with that. Now, if he said he wants to beat them, then there could be trouble.

Los Angeles
02-02-2006, 08:51 PM
So somebody please explain this: How does JO saying that he would like to meet the Pistons in the playoffs automatically mean in the first round?

Anyone?

Beuhler?

Frank Slade
02-02-2006, 09:00 PM
6th seed is the way to go !!!!!:devil:

rexnom
02-02-2006, 09:02 PM
6th seed is the way to go !!!!!:devil:

Let's hope we can navigate our way there...we are only half a game back on 5th seed and the tough route. Yet you don't want lose games any more than necessary...

Will Galen
02-02-2006, 09:24 PM
If we are healthy I would rather meet the Pistons in the first round too. Being the 8th seed does that.

Why? Because with JO and Tinsley if we meet the Pistons in the conference finals, history says they will really be banged up.

Why? Because if we meet Detroit in the first round all the pressure is on them. Being an 8th seed everything from then on is gravy for us, while Detroit is already the uncrowned champion.

Why? Detroit is going to go into the playoffs with a great record, if they are going to overlook a team it's in the first round.

Why? Face it, this year barring injury the Eastern Conference championship goes though Detroit. If we would happen to get by Detroit our confidence would be Sky high.

Why? Why not? We would have to meet them sometime. Get it over with.

Moses
02-02-2006, 09:25 PM
It's a "Jump to Conclusions Mat". You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.
Rofl, I love Office Space.

Jermaniac
02-02-2006, 09:28 PM
If we are healthy I would rather meet the Pistons in the first round too. Being the 8th seed does that.

Why? Because with JO and Tinsley if we meet the Pistons in the conference finals, history says they will really be banged up.

Why? Because if we meet Detroit in the first round all the pressure is on them. Being an 8th seed everything from then on is gravy for us, while Detroit is already the uncrowned champion.

Why? Detroit is going to go into the playoffs with a great record, if they are going to overlook a team it's in the first round.

Why? Face it, this year barring injury the Eastern Conference championship goes though Detroit. If we would happen to get by Detroit our confidence would be Sky high.

Why? Why not? We would have to meet them sometime. Get it over with.
Yup I would love the Pistons or Heat in the 1st round

Kstat
02-02-2006, 09:30 PM

Problem is, even if the Pistons were going to overlook the Pacers before, JO has successfully painted a big bulls-eye on himself and his team, thus ensureing there will be not let-down in a possible playoff series....

Shade
02-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Problem is, even if the Pistons were going to overlook the Pacers before, JO has successfully painted a big bulls-eye on himself and his team, thus ensureing there will be not let-down in a possible playoff series....

I seriously doubt the Pistons will even remember or care about comments like the one JO "supposedly" made.

Can anyone paraphrase what JO said better?

SjA3837
02-02-2006, 09:34 PM
I think it's a good idea to play the Pistons the first round. We get to play the best team before injuries come. Tins and JO will be injured by the second round or so.

Pistoner
02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
1. When have the Pistons ever overlooked a playoff oponent? They have been known to overlook regular season opponents in the past, but are all business in the playoffs.

2. This is not the first (and probably not the last) statement oozing with false bravado that I've heard from Jermaine, Artest, Jackson, etc. I don't think a season would be complete without the declaration of superiority from one of those 3.

Kstat
02-02-2006, 09:40 PM
2. This is not the first (and probably not the last) statement oozing with false bravado that I've heard from Jermaine, Artest, Jackson, etc. I don't think a season would be complete without the declaration of superiority from one of those 3.

To be fair, the Pistons (well, Rasheed) have done their share of talking as well.

The difference is, they typically back it up.....

Pistoner
02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
To be fair, the Pistons (well, Rasheed) have done their share of talking as well.

Word

Pacersfan.
02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
It's always nice to know that our best player still feels we can compete for the championship. I don't really care if they can or cannot best the Pistons, but if they feel they can then they will play a lot better the rest of the season. It's better than them just giving up.

skyfire
02-02-2006, 09:42 PM
It would be fitting to the rivalry if the Pistons reeled of 70+ wins and then lost in the 1st round :P

Ron never really did all that well against the Pistons in the playoffs anyways. As long as Prince doesn't abuse Peja too much we would have as good a chance as the last 2 years if we were healthy.

Moses
02-02-2006, 09:43 PM
1. When have the Pistons ever overlooked a playoff oponent? They have been known to overlook regular season opponents in the past, but are all business in the playoffs.

You forum lurker. You're lucky you don't get bit with the injury bug like we do. One of your starting 5 goes down for the season, you don't win a championship...But the Pistons have been blessed with durable players and the most capable starting 5 in the NBA.

We can hope can't we? (Hope as in, the Pacers winning, not hoping a Pistons player comes down with an injury)

Kstat
02-02-2006, 09:44 PM
As long as Prince doesn't abuse Peja too much we would have as good a chance as the last 2 years if we were healthy.

....and theirin lies your problem. The Pistons have a lot more matchup advantages offensively than they've had the last 2 years.

Meanwhile, Neither Jackson, nor Peja, nor JO have a good history against Detroit.

If I were JO, I'd be asking for another team. Indiana (on paper at least) matches up with a lot of teams in the east better than they do the Pistons.

denyfizle
02-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Jermaine should just shut up, work on his conditioning, play hard and be humble.

shags
02-02-2006, 09:46 PM

That's a pretty big difference.

Kstat
02-02-2006, 09:47 PM
That's a pretty big difference.

I'm making a futile attempt to be diplomatic.

This thread is going to down fast and we all know it....

Pistoner
02-02-2006, 09:47 PM
You forum lurker. You're lucky you don't get bit with the injury bug like we do. One of your starting 5 goes down for the season, you don't win a championship...But the Pistons have been blessed with durable players and the most capable starting 5 in the NBA.

We can hope can't we? (Hope as in, the Pacers winning, not hoping a Pistons player comes down with an injury)

Hey, I think the Lions will make the playoffs every preseason. I can relate.

Moses
02-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Jermaine should just shut up, work on his conditioning, play hard and be humble.
Yeah, When Charles asked him that question he should have just looked into the TV and given him a mean look at walked away.

What do you want him to say? Well, My groin is still pretty ****ed..uhh..Maybe we can win 1 against the Pistons..if we are lucky.

Moses
02-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, Not to be mean, but the Lions are going to need a HELL of alot more work then the Pacers are. Hopefully they get a good QB in the draft like Cutler because they have a talented WR core.

shags
02-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, When Charles asked him that question he should have just looked into the TV and given him a mean look at walked away.

What do you want him to say? Well, My groin is still pretty ****ed..uhh..Maybe we can win 1 against the Pistons..if we are lucky.

How about, "The Pistons are a great team having a fantastic season. If we play them in the playoffs, we'll compete like crazy and not give an inch."

Frank Slade
02-02-2006, 09:51 PM

Well the difference there would be Pacers 15 out of the last 16 years I think have been in the playoffs best in the East.....

Pistoner
02-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Well, Not to be mean, but the Lions are going to need a HELL of alot more work then the Pacers are. Hopefully they get a good QB in the draft like Cutler because they have a talented WR core.

If the Lions drafted Tom Brady, Tom Brady would have sucked. If NE drafted Joey Harrington, Joey would have won 3 Super Bowls. That is the curse of the Lions.

skyfire
02-02-2006, 09:53 PM
....and theirin lies your problem. The Pistons have a lot more matchup advantages offensively than they've had the last 2 years.

Meanwhile, Neither Jackson, nor Peja, nor JO have a good history against Detroit.

If I were JO, I'd be asking for another team. Indiana (on paper at least) matches up with a lot of teams in the east better than they do the Pistons.

I'd prefer to lose to the Pistons than to anyone else in the East.

I thought Jax played fairly well against the Pistons last year, he was able to slow down Rip to an extent which is something that we couldn't do the year before last. The problem was with Jax guarding Rip, Prince was destroying Reggie.

JO doesn't have a good history against Sheed thats true, but if the Pacers are ever going to do well, he's going to have to get past it.

Will Galen
02-02-2006, 09:54 PM

I agree. Say Jo and the Tin man were durable and Ben and Billups weren't and the shoes could be on the other feet.

Count your blessings, but don't count them in advance.

Pistoner
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I agree. Say Jo and the Tin man were durable and Ben and Billups weren't and the shoes could be on the other feet.

Count your blessings, but don't count them in advance.

Having a season with a lot of injuries is getting bit by the injury bug. Having 3 seasons with a lot of injuries brings into question the player's durability.

stating what if JO and Tins were durable and Ben and Billups weren't is the same as saying something like: What if the Pacers had Lebron and Shaq and the Piston's starting center was Jason Collins.

I know the possibility is there for injuries, so I'm not counting any blessings. Just enjoying some bball

Fireball Kid
02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
:shakehead

Will Galen
02-02-2006, 10:29 PM
stating what if JO and Tins were durable and Ben and Billups weren't is the same as saying something like: What if the Pacers had Lebron and Shaq and the Piston's starting center was Jason Collins.

No it's not. My scenario could have been possible. The one you come up with was improbable at it's best. Both JO and Tins are on the Pacers and it's arguable that if they were healthy that the Pacers would have went to the finals, not the Pistons.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Id have to agree with everything Will said on the first page. Its not like were gonna go anywhere this season, and if we did, wed have to face the Pistons anyways. And who knows, if there was some miracle and we did get an upset, then our toughest opponent is already eliminated and its smooth sailing straight to the finals after that. (Note: I dont really believe this could happen, but you never know)

Furthermore, Im glad JO is still confident in his team. Confidence goes a long way in winning. Of course its not everything, but youre not gonna beat anyone if youre not confident in yourself and your team. In fact Id be willing to say that a lot of our current problems are, in part, based in a total lack of confidence in the team.

This is the sort of thing I like to hear from Pacers, not the whining and excuses Ive heard so far this season. In our 61 win season, every quote I read from a Pacer showed professionalism, confidence, and determination. Now all I hear is excuses.

indytoad
02-02-2006, 11:07 PM
We're not going to the Finals, might as well go down fighting the team that is.

IndyToad
Needs a ventillator

OnlyPacersLeft
02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
the pistons have "LET DOWN" written all over them...reminds me of the sonics team that lost to dikembes nuggets...way overconfident...I'll take em!

BabbleOn
02-02-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm gonna be blunt. Jermaine's comments remind me, once again, why watching the Pacers lose has been so enjoyable over the past few years. Their key guys are an unlikable bunch of all talk, no-show blowhards (O'Neal, Jackson, Tinsley, previously Artest). Of course they learned this from Reggie, who also never knew when to shut up. I wonder how long before Peja talks bigger than his talent?

This is why the Pacers are doomed to fail until Jermaine O'Neal is removed as the leader of this team.

But for those of you - like Moses - who love this bravado, that's cool. Some of you liked Artest's stupidity, as well (until it turned against you).

SoupIsGood
02-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Funny thread

brichard
02-02-2006, 11:26 PM
We do not want to play the Pistons unless we want a quick death. That is the only advantage I see, if you call it an advantage. :death: If you are happy with a good :buttkick: it should be a joyous occassion.

1. Rasheed owns Jermain. Rasheed gets in his head and it is all over.

2. The Pistons are everything we are not in the post. We have no physcial specimens to compete with the Wallace guys. You could argue Harrison, although I'm confident he may set a record by fouling out in the first quarter. :hmm:

3. We don't have anybody who has shown they can get open on the perimeter against a tough defense. Our best options were Artest and Miller and they are both gone now.

We aren't beating Miami either.

PacerMan
02-02-2006, 11:26 PM

Oh yeh. THat'll be all the difference. :rolleyes:

PacerMan
02-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Why WOULDN"T he want to play the Pistons? They are our biggest rival. THe road to the finals goes through Detroit no matter WHEN you play them.

He's right.

OnlyPacersLeft
02-02-2006, 11:31 PM
I love how no one has any faith that we can beat the pistons. The magic had the pistons on the ropes down 3-1...why can't we?
no faith...

Jermaniac
02-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Those Pistons from 3 years ago were not as good as this years Pistons

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Why would you want to play the Pistons first? Easy peasy.

1. They are the team to beat, and the team that has beaten us twice.
2. Why wait until you're beat up to play them? Just go out and attempt it first round. That actually might be the best shot we have at beating them. Otherwise, we might get injured, we'll be tired, etc. Also, there is no shame in getting knocked out of the P'offs in the first round IF it's by the best team in the league.
3. If you get past them, that makes the rest of the playoffs a little brighter.
4. If you're out after the first round, you can rest and heal up for next year.

Strange thinking? Perhaps.

Pacersfan.
02-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Or they can gain more chemistry as the playoffs go, on especially since some of the players won't have been together very long, and work their way up to the Pistons.

Pacersfan.
02-03-2006, 12:05 AM
I think Aldridge actually said that J.O. said it.

indytoad
02-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Something else occured to me.

8th seed = higher draft pick.

Yay!

IndyToad
Anal, compulsive and wierd

PacerMan
02-03-2006, 02:22 AM
Word

*Grow up*

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Or they can gain more chemistry as the playoffs go, on especially since some of the players won't have been together very long, and work their way up to the Pistons.

If the team hasn't found the "magical chemistry" after 82 games of regular season play, they aren't suddenly gonna find it in the playoffs.

Pacersfan.
02-03-2006, 02:48 AM
But these Pacers won't have 82 games of chemistry to fall back on because of the injuries to Jermiane, Jamaal, etc.

Peck
02-03-2006, 03:24 AM
This entire thread makes my head hurt.

Why are we talking about the playoffs again? There is not one guarantee that we will even make it.

Don't let the crushing of the Lakers fool you.

DG-33
02-03-2006, 03:56 AM
The big issue here is how people are viewing the Pacers. We're being viewed as a .500 team, yet people seem to overlook the fact that we've been without 3 starters at a time for most of the year. At full strength, 60 wins is reasonable.

And Detroit isn't as good as last year. I don't give a damn what the record says. LARRY BROWN WAS REPLACED BY FLIP SAUNDERS! Let that sink in people.

Does anybody really fear a Flip Saunders-led team in the playoffs? I know nobidy in the West ever did, and for good reason - the guy's a terrible playoff coach. One of the worst ever I.M.O.

The big setback of Brown being replaced by Saunders is the decline of the Pistons "D". Defense wins championships. Our defense this year is better than Detroits, and we've done it with our backups a lot of the year.

We've got the best player on either team - Jermaine O'Neal. Ike Diogu ate up the Pistons aged front court, so I'd hate to see what JO would do to it.

Danny Granger is a better player right now, as a rookie, then Tayshaun Prince will probably ever be. He's already (literally) twice the rebounder, twice the shot blocker, twice the theif, and a more active, versatile scorer.

We're a deeper, better coached team with a chip on its shoulder. If we can get and stay healthy for the playoffs, beating Detroit wouldn't be nearly as unlikely as most of you Piston *** kissers make it out to be.

And I'd love, love, LOVE to see a major Piston player get injured for the year. I don't give a damn if it's in poor taste. The Pistons are a dirty team who've got by with so much, and been so lucky with injuries over the past few years, that I believe they've got theirs coming. So think of me what you want, I really cant say I care much, but I'm rooting for a Chauncey Billups torn ACL.

Anyone with me on that? Be honest.

Kstat
02-03-2006, 04:16 AM
And I'd love, love, LOVE to see a major Piston player get injured for the year. I don't give a damn if it's in poor taste. The Pistons are a dirty team who've got by with so much, and been so lucky with injuries over the past few years, that I believe they've got theirs coming. So think of me what you want, I really cant say I care much, but I'm rooting for a Chauncey Billups torn ACL.

Congrats Seth, you're officially the most classless Pacer fan I've ever known. You're the new #1. I don't think anybody could top you if they tried.

As a fellow human being, I feel sorry for you.

As for the rest of your post, it's just flame-slop that nobody here should givie the diginity of a response to. Unlike you, the rest of this forum has some class and dignity. You're just an immature little boy looking for attention.

Maybe one day you'll grow up and realize just how digusting and unhealthy your attitude is. Maybe when you're working on your 500,000th different IP address under a new username. I figure you have another one line up already, which is why you posted this.

What sucks for you is, I'm always going to be here, and there's nothing you can do about it.

The sad thing is, this is the 10th time you've tried to get the best of me and each time you've failed. You're not even good at being a troll.

larry
02-03-2006, 06:06 AM
pistons would never overlook indiana. you r correct. if it was boston maybe but i even doubt that. the wiz, sixers, hell its all dangerous. the pistons will be ready. we are only halfway there anyways, the playoff structure will change.

Will Galen
02-03-2006, 06:44 AM

I'll be honest. Kstat has you pegged.

I'm embarressed you call yourself a Pacer fan! I would call you low class, but I don't think that highly of you.

fwpacerfan
02-03-2006, 08:30 AM
JO needs to shut up and find a way to stay healthy.

brichard
02-03-2006, 10:14 AM
This entire thread makes my head hurt.

Why are we talking about the playoffs again? There is not one guarantee that we will even make it.

Don't let the crushing of the Lakers fool you.

All good points, but I think the only reason the playoffs were brought up was b/c of the comment by JO.

Doug in CO
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
All good points, but I think the only reason the playoffs were brought up was b/c of the comment by JO.

I think people are drunk with optimism after one game - let's put a streak together first before we bicker about who we want to play in the playoffs.

These discussions are eeriliy reminiscent of posts we had during the year we missed the playoffs.

Skaut_Ech
02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Heartbreak Stew

1 part unrealistic optimism
1 part unwarranted disrespect for other teams
1 part excuses about injuries

Mix well, let simmer till late season. A dish best served cold.

brichard
02-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I think people are drunk with optimism after one game - let's put a streak together first before we bicker about who we want to play in the playoffs.

These discussions are eeriliy reminiscent of posts we had during the year we missed the playoffs.

I'm not sure I'd call wanting the 8th seed highly optimistic. It is true we very well not make the playoffs, but there is a reasonable chance we will eek in. It is amazing to me how little I care either way. :)

What is not reasonable IMHO is to think we can beat the Pistons. Flip Saunders is irrelevant on a seasoned squad like this. They are on auto-pilot at least for a year after LB. As some have pointed out, LB coached teams actually tend to play better the year after he leaves.

RWB
02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Why would you want to play the Pistons first? Easy peasy.

1. They are the team to beat, and the team that has beaten us twice.
2. Why wait until you're beat up to play them? Just go out and attempt it first round. That actually might be the best shot we have at beating them. Otherwise, we might get injured, we'll be tired, etc. Also, there is no shame in getting knocked out of the P'offs in the first round IF it's by the best team in the league.
3. If you get past them, that makes the rest of the playoffs a little brighter.
4. If you're out after the first round, you can rest and heal up for next year.

Strange thinking? Perhaps.

Haven't went thru the entire thread, but this post says what I'm thinking so I'm stealing it.

efx
02-03-2006, 11:22 AM
The big issue here is how people are viewing the Pacers. We're being viewed as a .500 team, yet people seem to overlook the fact that we've been without 3 starters at a time for most of the year. At full strength, 60 wins is reasonable.

And Detroit isn't as good as last year. I don't give a damn what the record says. LARRY BROWN WAS REPLACED BY FLIP SAUNDERS! Let that sink in people.

Does anybody really fear a Flip Saunders-led team in the playoffs? I know nobidy in the West ever did, and for good reason - the guy's a terrible playoff coach. One of the worst ever I.M.O.

The big setback of Brown being replaced by Saunders is the decline of the Pistons "D". Defense wins championships. Our defense this year is better than Detroits, and we've done it with our backups a lot of the year.

We've got the best player on either team - Jermaine O'Neal. Ike Diogu ate up the Pistons aged front court, so I'd hate to see what JO would do to it.

Danny Granger is a better player right now, as a rookie, then Tayshaun Prince will probably ever be. He's already (literally) twice the rebounder, twice the shot blocker, twice the theif, and a more active, versatile scorer.

We're a deeper, better coached team with a chip on its shoulder. If we can get and stay healthy for the playoffs, beating Detroit wouldn't be nearly as unlikely as most of you Piston *** kissers make it out to be.

Hahaha, that was the most inane post I've read so far on this forum in my last two years here. You are diluding yourself not only about the Pistons but equally as much about the Pacers.

The injury comment is nothing but a troll that anyone who is a true fan of sports would not agree with.

oh Kstat, are you sure this is Seth?

Raskolnikov
02-03-2006, 11:55 AM
It's true you cannot draw too many conclusions from one game (a little optimism does not hurt however). Indeed we first need a decent winning streak before one can rightly say: this team is back on the right track.

But can't we talk about who we'd rather meet in the playoffs, hypothetically seen? If all we could talk about on this board would be hard facts, this would be a very quiet place.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-03-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm gonna be blunt. Jermaine's comments remind me, once again, why watching the Pacers lose has been so enjoyable over the past few years. Their key guys are an unlikable bunch of all talk, no-show blowhards (O'Neal, Jackson, Tinsley, previously Artest). Of course they learned this from Reggie, who also never knew when to shut up. I wonder how long before Peja talks bigger than his talent?

This is why the Pacers are doomed to fail until Jermaine O'Neal is removed as the leader of this team.

But for those of you - like Moses - who love this bravado, that's cool. Some of you liked Artest's stupidity, as well (until it turned against you).

Funny how everyone is ripping into DG-33 for trolling for a reaction from the few Piston's fans that frequent our board, but noone even mentions a thing about this post that was blatant flame-baiting targeted towards the Pacers fans. I dont agree with either one of them but can anyone say "double standards"?

Bball
02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow... just wow... I opened this thread. :banghead:

-Bball

Fool
02-03-2006, 02:36 PM
The sad thing is, this is the 10th time you've tried to get the best of me and each time you've failed.

I wouldn't take it so personally.

As for JO, I agree with both the "of course he should think that the Pacers can beat the Pistons" and the "he should shut up and get healthy" camps.

PacerMan
02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Kstat posts PLENTY of bull**** on here that for some reason you guys let slide. They are our biggest rival and I don't care how polite he usually is, it's BS that he is on here every day without getting jumped for it. SOME interaction is fun of COURSE, but every day! NOT. You want civility Kstat? Go back to Detroit..... Oh, THAT'S WHY you're here! ;)
****-ONS SUCK> :)

CableKC
02-03-2006, 02:42 PM

To tell you the truth....it doesn't matter that Flip is the worst Playoff coach.....the 2005-2006 Pistons are proving that it wasn't LB that got them to the NBA Finals in the last 2 seasons....they are proving that it was the team.

Although KStat and all the other Piston's PD posters can attest to this....right now....they is a sense of confidence bordering on arrogance that the Pistons are playing with. I don't mean to the "arrogance" remark to be meant as derogatory.......I'm saying that they are doing so good that there are very few people that think that they can be beat. They aren't completely unbeatable.....but they are are playing on a completely different level compared to the rest of the league....even better then the Spurs.

Although their defense can pretty much win them 75% of the games.....I get the sense that they are going out of their way on the offensive end to prove that they are more then a "defensive" team. The only hope that I have is that they run out of gas by the time it comes to playoff time.

heywoode
02-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Kstat posts PLENTY of bull**** on here that for some reason you guys let slide. They are our biggest rival and I don't care how polite he usually is, it's BS that he is on here every day without getting jumped for it. SOME interaction is fun of COURSE, but every day! NOT. You want civility Kstat? Go back to Detroit..... Oh, THAT'S WHY you're here! ;)
****-ONS SUCK> :)

Boy, you need to grow up.

Jermaniac
02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Jermaine shouldnt shut up, the guy was asked a question the **** you want him to say? Nah we dont want to play the Pistons, they are going to kick our ***. Our team sucks, Peja sucks. We are going to go to the playoffs and just lay down for the Pistons.

Fool
02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Jermaine shouldnt shut up, the guy was asked a question the **** you want him to say? Nah we dont want to play the Pistons, they are going to kick our ***. Our team sucks, Peja sucks. We are going to go to the playoffs and just lay down for the Pistons.

I'm pretty sure no one wants him to say that.

There is always more than one way to send the same message.

heywoode
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM
I've got no problem with Jermaine saying what he supposedly said. Confidence is good, and I personally wouldn't go into any job without having the utmost confidence that I could get that job done.

However, JO is one of the larger talk-the-talk-without-walking-the-walk guys I've ever seen. Anything he says that falls under the category of bravado is just that, blow-hard bravado. The Pistons have backed up all the guaran-sheed talk for a number of years and owned us in doing so. I'm fine with knowing that and still feeling like we can play with them.

It reminds me of the IU-Purdue rivalry. It doesn't matter if one of them is ranked in the top 5 and the other is under .500. It is always going to be competitive.

I will state the opinion that I would rather have the #8 seed and get the Pistons in the first round. There are a number of good reasons already posted to justify that opinion, from higher draft picks, to more rest if we get our clocks cleaned, to less chance of injury and being tired from a previous series, to no pressure on a #8 seed, to losing to the #1 team in the first round is better than losing to the #2,3,4,5 seed. I agree with all those points.

JO can say what he wants, and I'm not telling him to shut up. He is well aware of the consequence of his statements after this many years in the league. The rest of the league is well aware of how much talking gets doen without backing it up. It is a meaningless statement, but at least he is showing confidence. Not much else for him to do in that situation.

Raskolnikov
02-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Well said, heywoode. Totally agreed.

Fireball Kid
02-03-2006, 04:48 PM

Classless DG-33, just classless.

How does that make you feel as a person, that you don't mind wishing harm on another human being? How does that make you feel inside? How can you go on and not regret a single a word that you posted right there?

Now, I'm not a big fan of Kstat either, but what he said is right.

DG-33, you have lost my respect. ALL OF IT! Have a good day.:peace:

DG-33
02-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, a torn ACL is so serious. It's life threatening. How dare I wish that upon someone? I'm a horrible, horrible human being.

*yawn*

I'm sure these multi-millionaires who live in the top-1% of lifestyles in the world could handle walking around on crutches for the next 5 months.

I'm very proud to say I'll be watching the Pistons/76ers game tonight praying Ben Wallace rips his ACL or Rip shatters his kneecap.

efx
02-03-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm baffled. I could theoretically try and answer that post but some people are just not worth arguing with.

DG-33
02-03-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm baffled. I could theoretically try and answer that post but some people are just now worth arguing with.
Whatever you say Ned Flanders.

Slick Pinkham
02-03-2006, 05:37 PM
It's a total waste of time to even try to argue with the totally hopelessly clueless people of the world.

Should I start useing the "ignore list" feature?

Really, DG-33, you bring nothing to the table here. You tell us how bad premier players like Billups and Bibby are, you rah-rah endlessly and cluelessley about how your favorite team is on the verge of being a juggernaut, and you also cheer for the opposition to get hurt.

Maybe if you calm down a little and stop trying to bait Kstat then we can take something thay you say seriously.

rexnom
02-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm baffled. I could theoretically try and answer that post but some people are just not worth arguing with.

Word. It's called troll. Didn't know that you could troll your own team though. Nice. Wishing harm on any human being is usually pretty low. Especially if all that guy does is his job.

DG-33
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Sure are a lot of saints here at PacersDigest.

Pacesetter
02-03-2006, 06:34 PM
JO just wants us to get in, imo. I don't believe he necessarily wants Detroit to start things off, but who can blame him for his optimism. We did have a team to start the year that was supposed to challenege for the O'Brien Trophy, so why not!

We've got a team that lost Ron Artest, and what we lost in points, we made up for with Peja, we lost some in steals, but we added a few more rebs, and we added a player who knows how to score the ball when we need it, AND he does it inside and out. Plus can anyone overlook the way this team has taken to Peja? He's super!!!

JO just needs to get healed up, go back to the drawing board from when he was playing great ball, and what he learned from Russell, and come back like the JO many of us know. The rest of the pieces are in place, and if I were JO I wouldn't make any more comments to give teams fuel. Stay cool and let your game do the talkin. There will be enough talkers out here to make up for his lack of it, especially if they get on track!!!

Gotta love JO! :cool:

Bball
02-03-2006, 06:38 PM

The Pistons have owned JO enough, and for that matter, bested the Pacers enough, that JO should absolutely shut up with any chest beating bravado. It's time for him to do the talking on the court.

-Bball

Hicks
02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah, a torn ACL is so serious. It's life threatening. How dare I wish that upon someone? I'm a horrible, horrible human being.

*yawn*

I'm sure these multi-millionaires who live in the top-1% of lifestyles in the world could handle walking around on crutches for the next 5 months.

I'm very proud to say I'll be watching the Pistons/76ers game tonight praying Ben Wallace rips his ACL or Rip shatters his kneecap.

I've seen enough. I don't want you here. And I could care less if this is Seth.

rexnom
02-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Despite all the false bravado don't you love the fact that J.O. brings some confidence to this bunch? Very well timed too. If he makes these comments before the victory then it just seems like it's impossible but now I think people will actually support him. It's good to know that J.O. has such incredible confidence in his team. It inspires me to have confidence in them too.

Bball
02-03-2006, 06:44 PM

*yawn*

Just so you know... blown knees can be much more serious than what you are apparently thinking. There are plenty of stories about amputations and life threatening torn arteries that go along with a knee turning the wrong way (if the force is great enough)...

-Bball

Kaufman
02-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Ahh the wait begins... who will Seth reincarnate to next and how long will it be before someone calls it out...

Jon Theodore
02-04-2006, 03:39 PM
you guys are pretty lame about banning people here

i mean what up elitism

Kstat
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
you guys are pretty lame about banning people here

i mean what up elitism

I'ts called common sense. The ones who use it don't get banned.

PD is here for to purposes: have fun, and talk basketball. When you're not trying to do either, you're not posting in the spirit of the forum.

Unproductive hateful flaming is unwanted here. This isn't RATS.

It's in the rules.