PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Davis-calm your wife, please!

Kstat
02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2316754

Davis' wife faces battery charge for traffic incident
Associated Press

NAPERVILLE, Ill. -- The wife of New York Knicks forward Antonio Davis has been charged with misdemeanor battery for a traffic incident that occurred in October.

Last month, Kendra Davis had a verbal altercation with a fan at a Knicks-Bulls game at the United Center that prompted her husband to run into the stands to check on the situation. He received a five-game suspension.

A Minooka, Ill., woman claims that Davis ran a stop sign in October and tossed coffee at her through the driver's side window when confronted, police said.

Davis, who lives in Naperville, told officers she threw the coffee because the woman used a racial slur, police said. The other woman has denied that to police.

Harddrive7
02-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Sounds like her and Ron would have made a better couple. Imagine those headlines.

Los Angeles
02-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Funny how everybody who has a run-in with this woman uses racial slurs. :rolleyes:

"Can you blame me? She called me a _______" will only work once. After that, you're just revealing to the world that you're an idiot with anger management issues. And that you're an idiot.

She's also an idiot.

(thanks btown)

317Kim
02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
:eek: :uhoh: RON AND KENDRA! Double trouble!

Tony, keep your wife in check! ;)

Kstat
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
you guys are all missing the boat.....

I want a cage match between Kendra and Jackie Christie.....

Will Galen
02-02-2006, 07:00 PM
I think anyone that has a lot of confrontations with other people IS the problem.

Peck
02-02-2006, 07:06 PM
This isn't new.

I guess some of you guys might be to young to remember the good old Davis's from their time in Indy.

Moses
02-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Sounds to me like Kendra is a bit racist.

Shade
02-02-2006, 07:24 PM
This isn't new.

I guess some of you guys might be to young to remember the good old Davis's from their time in Indy.

Sounds like someone should pull up some old stories... :whistle:

Tim
02-02-2006, 08:01 PM
This isn't new.

Then please fill us in. As I have stated before, no one here (meaning RATS at the time) was saying anything negative about her when the Davis' offered to take Al into their home.

Kegboy
02-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't know about her being a better fit for Ron. Remember his wife was arrested for assaulting him.

sweabs
02-02-2006, 08:12 PM

Can Darvin Ham's wife get in on that too?

Who's reffing? Are broken bottles allowed?

Tim
02-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Sounds to me like Kendra is a bit racist.

Can you give examples please?

Up until the Knick incident, I haven't heard anything negative about Kendra or AD in the media.

I know that some of you out there have inside sources, but by some of your comments you make it sound like its nothing new and common knowledge.

Moses
02-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Can you give examples please?

Up until the Knick incident, I haven't heard anything negative about Kendra or AD in the media.

I know that some of you out there have inside sources, but by some of your comments you make it sound like its nothing new and common knowledge.
She was anonymously known to be a trouble-maker back when she was with Latrell Sprewell. I wouldn't necessarily call her racist but she plays the card well. I guess what I meant to say was reverse racist. (Chapelle Show) AD hasn't been a mean guy since he teamed up with Dale in his Indy days.

denyfizle
02-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Sounds like her and Ron would have made a better couple. Imagine those headlines.

wurd. dey be ghetto yo! :D

Evan_The_Dude
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-0601200341jan20,1,4396614.story?coll=chi-sportsbulls-hed

Used to the spotlight
As details of what happened Wednesday at the United Center continue to unfold, it's clear Kendra Davis is no stranger to attention or controversy

By David Haugh
Tribune staff reporter
Published January 20, 2006

A circle of men and women carrying cameras and notebooks followed Kendra Davis' every move. From the moment Davis stepped out of a room with NBA security officials until she finished hugging old friends on her long, lingering exit down a United Center hallway, she carried herself as if she were the lead in a reality-TV series. The star of the show, she was. This was late Wednesday night, about an hour after the wife of Antonio Davis engaged in a bizarre altercation with Bulls fans near courtside that the New York Knicks forward deemed dangerous enough for him to leave the playing floor.

When Davis' wife finally left the building after the hubbub subsided, somebody in the crowd watching Kendra Davis wondered aloud why she did not simply make a beeline for the family car with her two children, twins A.J. and Kaela.

Only she knows for sure. But those familiar with Mrs. Davis suspected they knew part of the answer.

This is not a woman to shy away from attention.

Beauty queen

As the Bulls fans discovered, Kendra Davis always has been quick with the tongue. When judges for the Miss Illinois Teen USA pageant asked a 16-year-old Kendra Meeks in 1991 to recall the best advice she ever received, the teen-ager replied, "My gym teacher told me, `Kendra, when you're up to your butt in alligators, think about what you're going to do when you get to the other side.'"

Winning the pageant satisfied Davis, she later recounted in a Tribune story, because it proved wrong an older brother who had called her "fat, ugly and dumb." The triumph also gratified the Aurora native because she became the first black young woman to wear the crown.

It was during the question-and-answer session that Davis revealed her dream of becoming a talk-show host, a goal she realized in Toronto when she contributed to the Raptors' halftime telecasts during her husband's tenure there.

A striking woman, Davis feels as comfortable in front of the camera as her husband does on the court.

Part-time GM

Even without her part-time TV duties in Toronto, Davis spent more time in the news than most NBA wives.

During the Davises first season north of the border, Kendra raised a few eyebrows when she exchanged harsh words with Latrell Sprewell after Sprewell hit a shot during Game 3 of a playoff series between the Knicks and Raptors.

In 2002, not terribly unlike the scenario that unfolded Wednesday night, a comment by Kendra escalated into a situation that her husband believed he had to use intimidation to address.

After a Toronto Sun columnist overheard Kendra voice her desire for Antonio Davis to get traded following a loss, the report quoting Davis' wife in the next morning's paper flipped the same switch that went off Wednesday night. At the next Raptor practice, Davis verbally attacked the columnist with such wrath that the team's security team had to intervene and lead him away.

Before that, the Raptors community struggled against embracing the family too tightly after the Davises spoke out about their desire to raise their two children in the United States where they could learn about their African-American heritage.

Eventually, the Davises did help coerce the trade that brought the forward to the Bulls on Dec. 1, 2003. When Kendra Davis returned to Toronto a year later to cheer on her husband's new team, she did not exactly cower from the controversy.

She wore a T-shirt that proclaimed, "I Love My Life," and toyed with Toronto reporters about her legacy as the woman who got A.D. traded.

"I don't make trades," she told a Canadian newspaper that night. "I only make decisions in my household."

The entire Davis family experience was enough for Toronto Sun columnist Steve Simmons to write, "Appropriately named, the Chicago Bulls get Mr. and Mrs. Davis in the trade and soon they will understand what bull is all about."

Midwesterner at heart

They felt differently about Kendra Davis in Indianapolis, where she owned and operated a successful boutique when Davis played there.

When the Indiana Pacers drafted Al Harrington out of high school, it was Kendra Davis who invited Harrington to live with her family and their twins.

The Midwesterner meshed with Indianapolis, perhaps because of its similarity and proximity to Aurora.

Only moving home in 2003 was better.

One of the biggest reasons Antonio Davis balked at being traded last summer by the Bulls to the Knicks, after all, was because how happy his wife and kids were in her hometown.

Chicago had been a sanctuary for the family. Until Wednesday night.

Anthem
02-02-2006, 11:01 PM
She wore a T-shirt that proclaimed, "I Love My Life," and toyed with Toronto reporters about her legacy as the woman who got A.D. traded.

"I don't make trades," she told a Canadian newspaper that night. "I only make decisions in my household."
There's a couple ways that could be taken...

:dougchris

Hicks
02-02-2006, 11:52 PM

Exactly. Imagine if Antoino or Doug cheated on their wife with the other's wife. :-o

tseramid
02-03-2006, 12:17 AM
When I was at Purdue, the Pacers and the Bucks played at Mackey for an exhibition game. I got tickets that were in the area of the Pacers wives were sitting. At that time, Damon Bailey was still trying to make the team and, as you might expect, Purdue fans at the game gave him a hard time. Well, Kendra grabbed a fan from his seat about 10 rows up...dragged him down and made him apologize on behalf of the crowd to Damon's wife/fiance/girlfriend. The whole group of us were stunned at how much commotion she caused through the whole game. But at the same time, you could tell that the other ladies were very happy to have her there.

I just wonder how much of a target the player's families are at games.

Brian
02-03-2006, 12:46 AM
It sounds like to me that she uses the racists thing alot to excuse the way she acts.

heywoode
02-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Sounds like a good candidate for Thorazine...

She wouldn't have dragged my *** down to apologize to Damon Bailey's GF....

(my *** is way too big to be dragged :blush: )

btowncolt
02-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Funny how everybody who has a run-in with this woman uses racial slurs. :rolleyes:

"Can you blame me? She called me a _______" will only work once. After that, you're just revealing to the world that you're an idiot with anger management issues. And that you're an idiot.

She's also an idiot.

(thanks btown)

Sounded like she had some chemistry issues.

McClintic Sphere
02-03-2006, 09:53 AM
In her defense, the traffic is horrible in Naperville.

Skaut_Ech
02-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Kendra is one reactionary, crazy beyyooottTCCHHHHH!! :darkness::fro::furious:

Why do I say this? When AD was in Toronto, she was constantly raising a stink about EVERYTHING. Like AD, she LOVED being on camera.

When AD got traded to Toronto, she griped that there were no career oportunities for her in Toronto in television. The she griped about how the Raptors didn't help her find schools for her kids. Then she griped that...wait for it..

...wait for it.....

Her kids were having trouble in school cause the other kids were racist. :rolleyes:

To quote the Sixth Sense...

"I see white people....and they're calling me names." :uhoh2:

She is arrogant, reactionary and ultra defensive about everything. On top of it, she think everything in life should be handed to her on a silver platter lined with gold, encrusted with jewels.

grace
02-03-2006, 02:04 PM
When I was at Purdue, the Pacers and the Bucks played at Mackey for an exhibition game. I got tickets that were in the area of the Pacers wives were sitting. At that time, Damon Bailey was still trying to make the team and, as you might expect, Purdue fans at the game gave him a hard time. Well, Kendra grabbed a fan from his seat about 10 rows up...dragged him down and made him apologize on behalf of the crowd to Damon's wife/fiance/girlfriend. The whole group of us were stunned at how much commotion she caused through the whole game. But at the same time, you could tell that the other ladies were very happy to have her there.

I just wonder how much of a target the player's families are at games.

I was at that game. I'd like to know what that guy did for Kendra to single him out considering 99% of the people in the arena booed every time Damon touched the ball.

Bball
02-03-2006, 02:31 PM
"when you're up to your butt in alligators, think about what you're going to do when you get to the other side.'" :crazy:

:confused:

-Bball

Los Angeles
02-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I was at that game. I'd like to know what that guy did for Kendra to single him out considering 99% of the people in the arena booed every time Damon touched the ball.
Exactly. Who's the aggressor in this situation? Who's the one with the problem?

Tim
02-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Okay then so far it seems that incidents with Kendra happened after AD left Indianapolis.
Once AD left I don't remember reading too much him or his family in the media except when he came to Indy to play.

SpADeD
02-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Seems his wife will have to try to get AD traded from Toronto, yet again.