PDA

View Full Version : You have to love Phil Jackson - well not really

Unclebuck
02-01-2006, 10:51 PM
I know most of you hate Phil, yes he's arrogant, yes he's a little cranky, but I get a kick out of him

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/quotes.html

.LAKERS COACH PHIL JACKSON

“I have to give credit to Indiana. They played really good team defense on Kobe (Bryant). I have never seen such a performance by one club (the Lakers), coming out of New York (last night) from one night to the next."

(General) "I call some games in attrition of the schedule. But there’s no reason to play like it’s a game from the beginning of the season. Tonight, really looked like a situation where our guys looked dead out there on the court. Smush (Parker) looked like he was in slow motion and so did some of our other guys."

(On Pacers run after Stephen Jackson’s injury) "When Stephen got hurt late in the second quarter, it was either a motivating force for the Pacers to get their run, but at the same time he was turning the ball over a lot, so he may have been an asset by default.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kstat
02-01-2006, 10:51 PM
he probably didnt know how serious it was.

grace
02-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, Phil was at the game so I don't know how he could not know it looked serious. The guy is a moron.

Kstat
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I know for a fact Phil Jackson snorts cocaine on a near-daily basis, so you have to take everything "The Fraud" Phil Jackson says with a grain of salt.

Dear lord not this again.....

SoupIsGood
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I know for a fact Phil Jackson snorts cocaine on a near-daily basis, so you have to take everything "The Fraud" Phil Jackson says with a grain of salt.

Dude

Kstat
02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
How is it half this forum "knows for a fact" that player A or Coach B does one drug or another?

Harmonica
02-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I saw Phil mouth on TV during the game, "Bunch of f****** pussies, that's what we are."

Sirius
02-01-2006, 11:22 PM
I smoked opium with Phil last night...

efx
02-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Way to stand behind your posts there dude. Sometimes I think the delete feature isn't so great after all.....

Shade
02-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Jackson is a classless punk. Always has been, and always will be.

DG-33
02-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Way to stand behind your posts there dude. Sometimes I think the delete feature isn't so great after all.....
I did it to prevent further trolling from certain users. Ofcourse that doesn't always work....

jrm7one
02-02-2006, 12:20 AM
However, it was kinda funny. And unfortunatly true.

Edit: The quote by Phil

Anthem
02-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Jackson is a classless punk. Always has been, and always will be.
That may be true, but it's no way to talk about a guy that got carried off the court with a spine injury.

:flirt:

DG-33
02-02-2006, 01:06 AM
By the way, are Phil and Stephen of any relation? They look like they could be.

Arcadian
02-02-2006, 01:53 AM
I do think Phil is a great coach. I also think he is one of the cattist people out there.

Stojakovic
02-02-2006, 02:17 AM
About Jackson being a cokehead, c'mon man ... just look at him. I think he'll chill a lot with Chris Anderson in the next 2 years.

sixthman
02-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Does the league drug test coaches?

317Kim
02-02-2006, 05:17 AM
I'll admit that I :chuckle: a bit when I read it.

Both were true.

Eindar
02-02-2006, 06:25 AM
I don't want to beat the guy when he's down, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one that noticed the change in team demeanor when Jackson left the floor. Almost immediately we went from being 5 guys to being 1 team. It could be a fluke, or just my imagination, but the team really seemed to work better as a unit w/o Jackson.

able
02-02-2006, 07:19 AM
I agee with Eindar here, Phil's comment might not do down well with some, and I certainly don't want to leave the impression I don't care what happens to Jax, because I do, despite the fact that I was waiting for something like this to happen seeing as he always drives into the paint with the wildest of movements, and I seriously hope he will be ok but...

Phil was right, at the time it happened Jax had gone in "Jaxz" mode and had 4 turnovers in a row, NOT sharing the ball, ignoring the open players and deciding it was time for his heroics while being what 1 -7 ?

Sorry but we were definitely a better team without Jax.

I still hopes he gets well soon.

Fool
02-02-2006, 07:57 AM
How is it half this forum "knows for a fact" that player A or Coach B does one drug or another?

http://www.goenglish.com/GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlack.gif

Also, Jackson is correct and there are plenty of threads here on this very subject.

SamBear
02-02-2006, 09:05 AM
he probably didnt know how serious it was.

No.. Phil Jackson is just an ***!!!! :rant:

NaptownBound
02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
he may have been wrong for saying it, considering how Jax was carried off the court... however, it was kinda true. Jax was turning it over a lot and it seemed like the offense flowed much better after he left.

one thing i noticed while watching the game, when Jax got carried off i didn't hear a lot of fans clapping/cheering. there were some, but it didn't seem like a lot. maybe if i was in the building, it would've been different.

Hicks
02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
http://www.goenglish.com/GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlack.gif

Also, Jackson is correct and there are plenty of threads here on this very subject.

Oh that is so added:

:potkettle:

Though I may need to resize that later; pretty big.

FrenchConnection
02-02-2006, 11:14 AM
he may have been wrong for saying it, considering how Jax was carried off the court... however, it was kinda true. Jax was turning it over a lot and it seemed like the offense flowed much better after he left.

one thing i noticed while watching the game, when Jax got carried off i didn't hear a lot of fans clapping/cheering. there were some, but it didn't seem like a lot. maybe if i was in the building, it would've been different.

I know that I did clap, but I was so stunned that another injury happened that it took me a minute to gather myself and clap. Listen, I am not the biggest Jack fan, but we just cannot take any more injuries. We are going to have to dip into the d-league/CBA and we know from last year that this is not way to get quality players. Get better soon Jack!!!!!!!

foulplay
02-02-2006, 11:31 AM
"I don't want to beat the guy when he's down, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one that noticed the change in team demeanor when Jackson left the floor. Almost immediately we went from being 5 guys to being 1 team. It could be a fluke, or just my imagination, but the team really seemed to work better as a unit w/o Jackson."

Very true. Jax also had 4 turnovers when he went out in only the second quarter.

Shade
02-02-2006, 01:56 PM
That may be true, but it's no way to talk about a guy that got carried off the court with a spine injury.

:flirt:

:nono: :laugh:

pacers31tc
02-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Personally I think Phil Jackson is the best coach of all-time, and a very intelligent and interesting cat. I've read all of his books, and I love the way he coaches the game. However, w/ the media he just says what he wants to say, and that's part of who he is.

My favorite quote from Phil ever is "We made Chauncey Billups look like an All-Star tonight." That was from his book The Last Season. It's pretty funny that they "made him look like" a Finals MVP a few months after he said that.

On another note, I think his situation right now sucks, and the old Phil wouldn't have put himself in that position w/ that team. I think it's about money and other things now, not winning championships.