Freddy Jones last night:

6-12 FGs for 16 points
3 asts
2 rebounds
but 4 TOs
All that in a good 25-30 mins. :D

Eindar
02-02-2006, 06:27 AM
We can afford to keep him as long as he doesn't want more than about 4-6 million per year.

sixthman
02-02-2006, 08:43 AM
One thing for sure: Freddie Jones has made the best of this year and he won't want for money the rest of his life.

Roy Munson
02-02-2006, 11:22 AM
As the Pacers open up their offense and rely less on pounding the ball into the post, Freddy will benefit. Defenses won't be able to sag off Peja which will cause more open space on the court. I look for Freddy to continue to average 15+ points per game for the rest of the season, especially if Tinsley stays injured. With Tinsley out of the lineup the ball moves better. Tinsley tends to hold or dribble the ball for too much of the shot clock. By the time someone else gets the ball it's time to throw up a shot.

CableKC
02-02-2006, 12:19 PM
can we afford to keep this guy?
I wish.....

can we afford not to?
Nope....

indytoad
02-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm hoping his height will scare some teams off, but with the way he's been playing it probably won't. Anyone think he's in the running for Sixth Man of the Year?

IndyToad
Twenty percent off

CableKC
02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping his height will scare some teams off, but with the way he's been playing it probably won't. Anyone think he's in the running for Sixth Man of the Year?

IndyToad
Twenty percent off
He's probably on somebody's radar that votes on the 6th Man of the year. I think he deserves it....but I hope he doesn't get it....it only means that other GMs are gonna notice him and entertain the idea about giving him a huge contract.

I really really wish that the Pacers pony up the money and really decide to match any contract offer that he gets cuz I guarantee that he does get one. I'm just sad that the Pacers won't....and it will simply mean that we would have let yet another Pacer with potential slip through our hands.

BTW....if it does come down to a S&T.....then I pray that we get something better out of it then some craplike 2nd round draft pick.:censored:

PacerMan
02-02-2006, 12:58 PM
As the Pacers open up their offense and rely less on pounding the ball into the post, Freddy will benefit. Defenses won't be able to sag off Peja which will cause more open space on the court. I look for Freddy to continue to average 15+ points per game for the rest of the season, especially if Tinsley stays injured. With Tinsley out of the lineup the ball moves better. Tinsley tends to hold or dribble the ball for too much of the shot clock. By the time someone else gets the ball it's time to throw up a shot.

That's not Tinsleys fault most of the time. Our offense is predicated on our 'star' touching the ball at least 80% of the time to initiate. That means passing into a congested post area for Jermaine to touch the ball FIRST. Rick has said that outright on many occasions. If Jermaine isn't moving, or is doubled or the lane is clogged, then Tins stands there dribbling until something clears.
I think his STRENGTH is distribution and when he comes back healthy to this much more spread offense, you'll see it very clearly.
Very quickly.

Shade
02-02-2006, 01:34 PM
We really need to bring Freddie back. Trade Jack for a couple draft picks if necessary to free up the money.

Re-sign Peja, too.

CableKC
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
We really need to bring Freddie back. Trade Jack for a couple draft picks if necessary to free up the money.

Re-sign Peja, too.

2 things:

1 ) If we did the right thing and did trade SJax to free up salary so that we can resign Freddie...would you want Freddie as the starter or to keep his 25mpg backup SG role?

2 ) Can you update your Mr.T and Chuck Norris quotes? I look forward to reading something new that I didn't know about them each day.

FrenchConnection
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM

Re-sign Peja, too.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that we cannot trade Jack for draft picks because we are over the cap. Or maybe we can to a team that is under the cap, I am not sure. However, I would like to trade him for expiring contracts. I thought that we had to get value for either Ron or Jack, and since we got value for Ron we need to free up space under the Lux. Tax to resign Peja and Fred. Maybe Denver would move their expiring contracts for Jack, but I don't know of any other team with expiring contracts that is looking for a SG.

Trader Joe
02-02-2006, 03:40 PM
IN reply to the post above we can trade Jack for draft picks as long as the team taking him is under the cap. ie. Charlotte.