PDA

View Full Version : VA speaks * 2/1/06*

Evan_The_Dude
02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
I think the only reason Harrison stayed in the game is because we really didn't have much of a choice.

skyfire
02-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Peja. Welcome home buddy! I loved the shot, and I had to laugh. Every time he was covered, he made it. When he was wide open, he missed it. It became comical towards the end when I could call if he would make a shot based on if he was open or not, and it wasn’t normal at all.

The spirit of the Reggie is strong with this one.

Evan_The_Dude
02-01-2006, 11:03 PM
I kind of assumed that was part of the reason, but even not having a choice, I still would not have put him back in the game.

But then again, I am not a NBA coach.

I agree. I think even Rick would have done this if we had the bodies to spare. It's almost like the AJ situation - where he didn't play the next game. Rick really does need to put his foot down in situations like these and intimidate these guys' a bit... kinda like Pat Riley does. What would I have done to send a message? Not only bench him, but I'd send him to the locker room so the rest of the players couldn't see his pouting face.

grace
02-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I don't know if I would have kept David out of the game. I do know that there are only so many minutes Jeff and Scot can play with their bad backs. This isn't "Hoosiers" where you only play 4 players just to make a point.

SoupIsGood
02-01-2006, 11:47 PM
I probably wouldn't have played David the rest of the night either.... although judging by the way he came back and played.... I probably would have made the wrong call. :shrug:

RWB
02-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Funny, Quinn Buckner made the comment Rick pulled David to make a point and did the right thing by putting him back in. Said burying the guy on the bench does not accomplish a thing. I happen to agree, did anyone see Harrison pull another bonehead play after that?

Trader Joe
02-02-2006, 07:27 PM
No, DH needed to be put back in. He needs his confidence built right now. Not down trodden.

Hicks
02-03-2006, 12:00 AM
You can do it either way. I like that Rick gave him a chance to redeem himself, and he delivered. If he had screwd up again, then next time I'd want Rick to sit him and leave him.