PDA

View Full Version : News on Jackson.

Lord Helmet
02-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Stacy was interviewing :burke: in the postgame show and he said nothing is broken.

Thank God.

317Kim
02-01-2006, 09:38 PM
THANK YOU!!! :bowdown: TO BASKETBALL GODS!

Evan_The_Dude
02-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Stacy was interviewing :burke: in the postgame show and he said nothing appears to be broken.

Thank God.

Fixed

Young
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm not a Jackson fan by any means but thank goodness he doesn't have anything broken. I just hope he doesn't have anything to threatning. Get well soon, Jack.

Kaufman
02-01-2006, 09:48 PM
You can't know within 1 hour whether or not a bone is broken. And its not breaks that you necessarily worry about in this situation.

Moses
02-01-2006, 09:49 PM
You can't know within 1 hour whether or not a bone is broken. And its not breaks that you necessarily worry about in this situation.
On a more positive note he isn't paralyzed and didn't suffer as bad an injury as I thought.

tadscout
02-01-2006, 09:50 PM

Yeah... I think Burke was just assuming/ guessing...

pizza guy
02-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I didn't see the game, nor the fall, but I have this to say. It sounded bad, and it's nice to know that it's nothing too serious is wrong. I'm certainly not a Jack supporter, but, no one should be injured -- just traded. Get well soon, Jack.

MagicRat
02-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Who's in charge of getting the guy a stretcher? I'm still kind of amazed that they had two guys with not very good mitts carrying him off...........

Pacersfan.
02-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Diagnosed with a hip contusion and elbow abrasion. What exactly are those?

Kegboy
02-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Who's in charge of getting the guy a stretcher? I'm still kind of amazed that they had two guys with not very good mitts carrying him off...........

Hicks' little brother was in the ambulance with him. I just got off the phone with Grace, and she said David Craig probably ran downstairs and yelled at them to get him on the stretcher.

grace
02-01-2006, 10:28 PM

I heard when they got into the tunnel someone decided maybe he should be on a stretcher. Personally I think David Craig ran down from the offices and said "WTF are you jerks doing! Number one he should be immobilized on a stretcher. Number 2 you don't have players with back injuries help other injured players off the court!" I've never thought much of the Fever trainer, but I think even she would have told them not to move Stephen until they got a stretcher. :rolleyes:

grace
02-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Diagnosed with a hip contusion and elbow abrasion. What exactly are those?

Bruised hip and scraped elbow. Now remember that's just the initial diagnosis. By the weekend he'll need a hip replacement and will never be able to play tennis again. ;)

Shade
02-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I hope he's okay. It was everything they could do to get him off the floor. He was completely out of it. :(

PacerMan
02-01-2006, 11:36 PM

Why can't you know within an hour????
Ever hear of instant xray??

Kaufman
02-01-2006, 11:42 PM
The US Army makes eyeglasses with X-Ray vision.

X-Rays aren't the best way to look for or see fractures in the back. Ever heard of that?

Kaufman
02-01-2006, 11:44 PM
In fact mister smart guy, do you know how they check for fractures of the back or neck in a hospital emergency room?

indygeezer
02-02-2006, 12:12 AM
From the TV replay I thought he had to have a moderate concussion anyway. It looked as if his head took a whale of whack (bounce). Perhaps the headband served a purpose.

Peck
02-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Pacerman wrote:

Why can't you know within an hour????
Ever hear of instant xray??

In fact mister smart guy, do you know how they check for fractures of the back or neck in a hospital emergency room?

Yeah, what the hell is wrong with you people down there in Kentucky? Don't you have instant X-ray yet?;)

Actually Kaufman I do have a question about this that would be right up your alley.

In the pre-hospital setting we would have packaged Jax differantly had we been first on scene. But you guys that deal with sports meds. do things a little differantly & I wonder how the trainer in this case ruled out any kind of spinal injury or better yet since Stephen locked up at the hip how did he rule out any kind of hip problem?

I know they are experts in Ortho stuff, but what assesments would he be able to make in such a short time to R/O that stuff?

What kind of hip immobilization do the trainers have available to them if they do suspect something?

microwave_oven
02-02-2006, 01:15 AM
I hope this doesn't effect his trade value :devil:

Fireball Kid
02-02-2006, 01:46 AM

:tsk:

Kstat
02-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Jackson might be a prick, but you never want to see that kind of thing happen to a human being. Good that he's ok.

317Kim
02-02-2006, 05:29 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/insider.html

Stephen Jackson was injured on a hard drive to the basket when he collided with Brian Cook, drawing an offensive foul. After several minutes on the court, Jackson was carried off by Scot Pollard and David Harrison, placed on a stretcher and moved straight to an ambulance. Jackson was taken to Methodist Hospital, where he was diagnosed with a hip contusion and elbow abrasion. Initial evaluation revealed no fractures. He was kept overnight for observation and will be re-examined Thursday.

owl
02-02-2006, 06:04 AM
Initial evaluation revealed no fractures

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

This is the key phrase. They probably did take initial radiographs which
did not reveal anything. I suspect Jax has an MRI in his future.

owl

ReGGiesBoOmBaby
02-02-2006, 06:26 AM
^:sadyes: That injury actually looked really painful, but Jack is the one guy on our team that is always playing, so HES GONNA BE ALRIGHT!!

Kaufman
02-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Pacerman wrote:

Yeah, what the hell is wrong with you people down there in Kentucky? Don't you have instant X-ray yet?;)

Actually Kaufman I do have a question about this that would be right up your alley.

In the pre-hospital setting we would have packaged Jax differantly had we been first on scene. But you guys that deal with sports meds. do things a little differantly & I wonder how the trainer in this case ruled out any kind of spinal injury or better yet since Stephen locked up at the hip how did he rule out any kind of hip problem?

I know they are experts in Ortho stuff, but what assesments would he be able to make in such a short time to R/O that stuff?

What kind of hip immobilization do the trainers have available to them if they do suspect something?

I'm just on my way to work. So I'll probably try to answer back to you later. But basically you do a quick neurological exam. If a guy has sensation in all for extremities, that's a good thing. If he has motor in all fours (that he can move all his extremities) that's a good thing. Otherwise, a guy basically will get what is called a c-collar, which is a cervical collar. Cervical is basically the neck, and a c collar essentially immobilizes the neck. The hips are a huge area, and is therefore more protected simply from its own girth. So it in and of itself immobilizes itself, in some sense. At the neck, obviously things are sort of unsupported, if you will. THe best way to support the rest of the body is the "straight board", sort of what you guys are referring to as a stretcher. I didn't see the fall so I don't quick know but I bet he had movement of all his extremities and sensation in all four as well. But the thing that you have to be careful of is that even if there is a bone break, for instance, you should still put someone in a collar and straight board just in case when you move that person, the move itself causes symptoms of the break, or whatever it might be.

Off to work.

bread
02-02-2006, 07:43 AM
When I first saw the replay of Jax going down my initial response after I realized he wasn't paralyzed was "Great, there goes any chance we had of trading him!"

Does that make me a bad person? :confused:

Get well soon Jax!

RWB
02-02-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm just on my way to work. So I'll probably try to answer back to you later. But basically you do a quick neurological exam. If a guy has sensation in all for extremities, that's a good thing. If he has motor in all fours (that he can move all his extremities) that's a good thing. Otherwise, a guy basically will get what is called a c-collar, which is a cervical collar. Cervical is basically the neck, and a c collar essentially immobilizes the neck. The hips are a huge area, and is therefore more protected simply from its own girth. So it in and of itself immobilizes itself, in some sense. At the neck, obviously things are sort of unsupported, if you will. THe best way to support the rest of the body is the "straight board", sort of what you guys are referring to as a stretcher. I didn't see the fall so I don't quick know but I bet he had movement of all his extremities and sensation in all four as well. But the thing that you have to be careful of is that even if there is a bone break, for instance, you should still put someone in a collar and straight board just in case when you move that person, the move itself causes symptoms of the break, or whatever it might be.

Off to work.

You do know in the old west they had basketball? Of course back then the trainer had a bone saw and a gun for such injuries. :)

Knucklehead Warrior
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM

Well they used to grab you by the ankles and bounce you on your head 3 times on the linoleum. If they heard the same sound all 3 times, then nothing's wrong. ching ching $15 co-pay please.

I was sitting in Row S once in MSA, when I heard this noise like someone knocking coconuts with a croquet mallet. It was a guy :buddies: from Row AA who had fallen, and was now coming down the concrete steps on his back, head first. The sound was his head bouncing off the steps. He made it to Row R where he was stopped by the railing.

Kaufman
02-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Pacerman wrote:

Peck, so what did you mean by "locked up at the hips"? I didn't see the fall so I wasn't sure what you meant. I really am not in the front line when the injury happens on the floor. But when I'm in attendance at a game, and there usually is one of us at all games, I'm the guy who'd meet the player in the lockerroom. I'm not sophisticated enough to handle the situation at the site of the injury, there is sooo much that a trainer knows as far as packaging that I don't totally know. The physician usually isn't the one who rushes out on the floor to tend to the injury. But I do have some idea as to the packaging that I would receive a patient in. The first thing we do is a neuro exam, making sure that all the nerves are hooked up and the guy can feel and move all fours...

Kaufman
02-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Well they used to grab you by the ankles and bounce you on your head 3 times on the linoleum. If they heard the same sound all 3 times, then nothing's wrong. ching ching $15 co-pay please.

I was sitting in Row S once in MSA, when I heard this noise like someone knocking coconuts with a croquet mallet. It was a guy :buddies: from Row AA who had fallen, and was now coming down the concrete steps on his back, head first. The sound was his head bouncing off the steps. He made it to Row R where he was stopped by the railing.

Ouch.

Kaufman
02-02-2006, 07:06 PM
You do know in the old west they had basketball? Of course back then the trainer had a bone saw and a gun for such injuries. :)

In the Civil War they used guillotines and they'd have the patient bite down on a lead bullet and have a chug of whiskey. Can't imagine what bad effects the lead had on the guy...

ChicagoJ
02-02-2006, 07:12 PM

Shame on you.

It's IMPACT.

:D

waxman
02-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Shame on you.

It's IMPACT.

:D

Jesus Jay.... how could you be so insensitve....

correcting the guys grammer and *****.
;)

denyfizle
02-03-2006, 06:23 PM
good news for Jack, his family and well is good news in general indeed; if he's going to be able to play soon then it's bad news for the Pacers. :jester: unless this knocks his noggin with some basketball sense