PDA

View Full Version : TAPE DELAY ?!?!? Grrrrrr ....

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Get this - even though the game starts at 4:00 (right about now) League Pass is blacked out in my area for the Pacers/Lakers game so that it can only be watched on "KCAL channel 9".

Even worse - the game is going to be tape delayed for broadcast and will not be televised until 5:30 - A full hour and a half after the game actually starts.

I know that it's driven by TV advertising dollars, I'm just PO'd that I don't get to watch the game live.

I'm so greatful I don't follow the Lakers - that way I don't have to put up with that all season long.

Anyone else think this is a stupid policy?

Kstat
02-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm sure the millions of Laker fans that have to work 9-5 jobs don't think its a stupid policy.

It's the east coast's way of getting revenge for the west coast having a much better football schedule....

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm sure the millions of Laker fans that have to work 9-5 jobs don't think its a stupid policy.

It's the east coast's way of getting revenge for the west coast having a much better football schedule....
It would be easy enough to replay the game after it's over.

Nobody watches the "quality" regular programming on that station anyway. Unless you think reruns of Love Connection qualify as "quality".

CableKC
02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
You mean you have to wait an extra hour to find out that Kobe scored 50+ points on us?

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 07:14 PM
And another thing this kills my whole set up -

- no synch to Mark and Slick
- no lurking the game thread
- no PD for hours after the game really ends
- no game chat (which I only do every so often - but still it's nice to have the option)

Just mind-numbingly stupid Lakers local TV announcers. This sucks on so many levels. :mad:

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
You mean you have to wait an extra hour to find out that Kobe scored 50+ points on us?
haha - it's not so much knowing the results that's the problem - that's never bothered me. I like to watch for the game play, anyway.

Frank Slade
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes that is stupid , just as stupid as the West Coast teams, when playing The East Coast Teams having Games at 7:30PT,10:30 EST.
I mean you can't at least spot us a half an hour if not a full hour earlier ?

:censored:
:mad:

ChicagoJ
02-01-2006, 08:10 PM
If Indiana were smart enough to move to Central time, that would be fixed.

BTW, I hate 6pm tipoffs.

:cool: