PDA

View Full Version : Peja/Ron fans?

Shade
02-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm noticing quite a few Kings fans jumping on the Pacers bandwagon following Peja over, but I don't think I've noticed any of the opposite (though UB and foretaz have been wavering a bit :nono: ).

Is this the case, or is my perception just screwy?

DeAthrow
02-01-2006, 03:39 PM
No your perception is correct. I am still a Kings fan but now I have a reason to cheer for Pacers too.

Unclebuck
02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Two thoughts;

I have been posting quite a bit on Kingsfan forum

I think a combo of Ron and Peja on the same team would be a pretty good combo.

Shade
02-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Two thoughts;

I have been posting quite a bit on Kingsfan forum

I think a combo of Ron and Peja on the same team would be a pretty good combo.

Well, maybe Peja will leave the Pacers at the end of the season and go back to Sactown, and then you can complete your conversion to Artestianity. ;)

piksi
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm noticing quite a few Kings fans jumping on the Pacers bandwagon following Peja over, but I don't think I've noticed any of the opposite (though UB and foretaz have been wavering a bit :nono: ).

well, most of us are not really "jumping on any bandwagons"

the 2 sites are similar in many ways.

we have over a dozen Pacers fans at our site and they have been very helpfull in terms of how to deal with Ron. So far we had no complaints about any of them.

Some of us are here to try to return favor and to follow Pedja a bit because he has been such a big part of the "glory years"

We are still Kings fans but now we have a reason for Pacers to do well

O yeah, we also like to talk BB and there are pleny of posters here who know the material

piksi
02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, maybe Peja will leave the Pacers at the end of the season and go back to Sactown, and then you can complete your conversion to Artestianity. ;)

that ship has sailed - not going to happen

FrenchConnection
02-01-2006, 03:52 PM
If you notice the Kings gave their fans an option to send Peja a "good-luck" email the day he was traded yet the Pacers didn't think that it would be such a good idea to allow us to send Ron a fairwell email. Why not? I have some things that I would like to say to Ron (good luck is not one of them, but...).

Shade
02-01-2006, 03:53 PM
If you notice the Kings gave their fans an option to send Peja a "good-luck" email the day he was traded yet the Pacers didn't think that it would be such a good idea to allow us to send Ron a fairwell email. Why not? I have some things that I would like to say to Ron (good luck is not one of them, but...).

Well, I would have sent a message that rhymes with "good luck..." :shrug:

Unclebuck
02-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Kingsfan forum is an excellent site, a lot like Pacers digest.

Shade, I think I have behaved myself very well since Ron as traded.

Shade
02-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Kingsfan forum is an excellent site, a lot like Pacers digest.

Shade, I think I have behaved myself very well since Ron as traded.

And the good people at Burlington Coat Factory are very appreciative of that. ;)

DeAthrow
02-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Well, I would have sent a message that rhymes with "good luck..." :shrug:

:rotflmao:

A lot of Kings fans think Ron will "reform" with Sacramento. I am not one of them

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:05 PM

A lot of Kings fans think Ron will "reform" with Sacramento. I am not one of them

I also think I'll win the lottery some day.

I place slightly better odds on my scenario.

piksi
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM

hope

desperate times - desperate measures

PaceBalls
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I am one of the few Pacer fans who think Ron leaving is the worst thing that possibly could have happened. I also think he was our best player, and we are not near as good without him. IMHO I would rather have seen JO go before Ron. We had all the role players to play with Ron and JO. Though some don't think they are role players.. But now?

They won't be awful when they finally get their injured players back, but they won't be very good either. A Mediocre .500 team that gets to the playoffs barely.

The kings have become my 2nd favorite team, I am going to get LP soon so I can follow their team. I think Ron is gonna go on to glory, and will be the main reason the Kings franchise will be saved. They will make the playoffs this year if they let Ron be a big part of it. They will probably resign him for a huge contract in a couple years and be title contenders till he gets too old to play.

As for the pacers? Right now they are at the bottom, it will take all of Donnie and Larrys GM talents to get us back to the level we were before, with Ron AL and Reggie (61 win season)

So ya, just because the high volume posters are glad Ron is gone and say Good Riddance, doesn't mean all of us do.

PS I'll be at the game tonight, well see how many points Kobe scores. I'm thinkin he'll go over 40.

denyfizle
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Your perception is correct becuase Ron was the one who jumped off his fans' (Pacers) loyalty. Anybody who would stick with him is as disturbed as the nut.

denyfizle
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM

You are smart to do so. But if the Kings play their cards right and benefit from the short term benefits Ron will give the Kings then trade him when his trade value goes up then I'll be first in line to proclaim Petrie and the Maloofs as basketball's biggest geniuses!

PaceBalls
02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Your perception is correct becuase Ron was the one who jumped off his fans' (Pacers) loyalty. Anybody who would stick with him is as disturbed as the nut.

No reason to make it personal. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not calling you an Jerkoff cause you think how you do, so I would expect the same courtesy.

DeAthrow
02-01-2006, 04:45 PM
You are smart to do so. But if the Kings play their cards right and benefit from the short term benefits Ron will give the Kings then trade him when his trade value goes up then I'll be first in line to proclaim Petrie and the Maloofs as basketball's biggest geniuses!

You are right, if Ron can hold it together or hold it together long enough for his value to increase then Kings certainly got better of this trade. All of those are big IFs.

Will Galen
02-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I've always liked Sac, and I've always liked Brad Miller. I like Ron too, but I realized he had alienated to many people to stay here. However with him at Sac along with Brad I've become a Kings fan. I really like having a rooting interest in a 7:00 p.m. game and a 10:00 p.m. game.

I won't have any problems who to root for when the Pacers and Kings meet either. I used to root for IU and Purdue, but I always wanted IU to win when they met. I quit being a fan of college ball when Bobby Knight finally alienated me.

Oh, back to the subject. The way Sac is using Ron I think he's going to keep it together because he's going to really enjoy being the man out there.

hoopsforlife
02-01-2006, 05:33 PM
I am one of the few Pacer fans who think Ron leaving is the worst thing that possibly could have happened. I also think he was our best player, and we are not near as good without him. IMHO I would rather have seen JO go before Ron. We had all the role players to play with Ron and JO. Though some don't think they are role players.. But now?

They won't be awful when they finally get their injured players back, but they won't be very good either. A Mediocre .500 team that gets to the playoffs barely.

The kings have become my 2nd favorite team, I am going to get LP soon so I can follow their team. I think Ron is gonna go on to glory, and will be the main reason the Kings franchise will be saved. They will make the playoffs this year if they let Ron be a big part of it. They will probably resign him for a huge contract in a couple years and be title contenders till he gets too old to play.

As for the pacers? Right now they are at the bottom, it will take all of Donnie and Larrys GM talents to get us back to the level we were before, with Ron AL and Reggie (61 win season)

So ya, just because the high volume posters are glad Ron is gone and say Good Riddance, doesn't mean all of us do.

PS I'll be at the game tonight, well see how many points Kobe scores. I'm thinkin he'll go over 40.

Thank you for this. Its good to know somebody else out there feels the same way I do.

I thought there were only 3 of us left but you make four. :) Thank you again.

skyfire
02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
I've been closely following Ron's progress as a King. I guess I'm more of a fan of the Kings than I used to be.

Kingsfanbmiller
02-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I've been a fan of the pacers because I like Reggie(and I liked Artest when he was in Indiana too, now I like him as a King). Now I'm a fan of them because they have Peja. I've always liked them.

Jermaniac
02-01-2006, 06:23 PM

JO should have went before Ron? How about JO didnt ask for a damn trade. Ron put himself in this mess because he is nutcase. This has nothing to do with who is better between JO or Ron.

recap
02-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Thank you for this. Its good to know somebody else out there feels the same way I do.

I thought there were only 3 of us left but you make four. :) Thank you again.

Reggie4Three
02-01-2006, 06:49 PM

Pacesetter
02-01-2006, 10:28 PM

I don't know if true or not, but of all the franchises in the NBA, I have found that I like the King's fans better than any other that I can think of. They support their team, and I really like that! However, if they were to jump on board the Pacers bandwagon, then I would fully understand why! :therock:

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-02-2006, 01:11 AM
It will be really interesting to see...

A. If the Pacers can keep Peja after this season.
B. How long Ron remains a King. (You know when he becomes a free agent, LA and others will probably go after him)

02-02-2006, 09:56 AM

heywoode
02-02-2006, 12:41 PM

Glad to see the prediction about Kobe going for 40 was spot on...

I'm sure the idea that Ron will lead the Kings to glory will meet a similar fate...

Not making this personal, but how in the world could anyone think that Ron was good for the Pacers and that he should still be here? Is he the second coming of Christ or something?? Should we annoint him Czar of the NBA to replace Stern?

I'm wondering what kind of damage Ron would've had to do to get some of you to NOT be a fan of his.....

PacerMan
02-02-2006, 01:01 PM

Think their respective personalities and circumstances surrounding their team moves might have something to do with it?

Gamble
02-02-2006, 02:36 PM

PaceBalls
02-02-2006, 02:45 PM

Glad to see the prediction about Kobe going for 40 was spot on...

I'm sure the idea that Ron will lead the Kings to glory will meet a similar fate...

Not making this personal, but how in the world could anyone think that Ron was good for the Pacers and that he should still be here? Is he the second coming of Christ or something?? Should we annoint him Czar of the NBA to replace Stern?

I'm wondering what kind of damage Ron would've had to do to get some of you to NOT be a fan of his.....

I think Ron is the one of the best basketball players I have ever seen. And yes, he surely can lead the Kings to glory IMO.

I wasn't alone in my prediction on Kobe.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18896

and given the 6 previous games before, it was a good guess.

I was at that game last night, and man, what a great game to be at, 13th row behind the pacer bench. I was very impressed with Peja. It was rough seeing Jack go down, but they will play better on offense without him, probably not defense, but this will give Peja a chance to shine. I hope he gets well soon.

denyfizle
02-02-2006, 03:49 PM
No reason to make it personal. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not calling you an Jerkoff cause you think how you do, so I would expect the same courtesy.

it wasn't personal at all, I was speaking in general. my bad if it sounded that way. i think anyone who follows Ron from Indy to Sacto and supports and believes he's going to change is disturbed like Ron. that's what I really meant to say. i could understand Kings/Peja fans joining us because Peja was a good influence to their community and didn't disrupt things like Ronron. but after all Ron's done to his Pacers fans and followers I just can't imagine why they would still support the guy. maybe you would follow the guy out of curiousity. you'll wish him well like Legend and Walsh but it's more of like "good riddance" than what Kings fans feel about Peja for them to follow him still to the point of joining our forum. that's the subject right?