PDA

View Full Version : JO may be back sooner than expected

Shade
02-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Yay! :happydanc

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060201/SPORTS04/602010458

Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal is expected to be named one of the Eastern Conference starters for the Feb. 19 All-Star Game in Houston on Thursday.
O'Neal won't play in the game, barring a miracle with his injured left groin. He said he'll attend the game.
"If I'm voted in, I will be there," O'Neal said. "I think for the most part all the guys that have been hurt have gone to the game. I want to show support for the league, the players."
O'Neal said doctors have told him he could be back in four to six weeks.

btowncolt
02-01-2006, 02:53 PM
:woot2:

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
If he rushes back and then gets another injury because he didn't heal all the way, I'll write an open hate letter.

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 02:55 PM
w00t!!
Of course I would rather he not rush back. Especially if the season continues to tank.

penn13
02-01-2006, 02:56 PM
That would be great.

waxman
Sooooo...... 8-12 weeks then.... great.

travmil
If he rushes back and then gets another injury because he didn't heal all the way, I'll write an open hate letter.

And if he comes back, plays well and leads this team to the playoffs?

317Kim
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I was really excited when I read that in the paper this morning. If he's good to go by the 4th week, I'd give him the next week to do some contact drills etc and get some practice in then when theyre POSTIVELY SURE he's okay then I'd bring him off the bench the first few games.

Shade
02-01-2006, 03:29 PM
And if he comes back, plays well and leads this team to the playoffs, then gets hurt again in the first round?

Fixed. :whistle:

ChicagoJ
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
He's been out a week. Let's say he's back on the court in six weeks - that's seven weeks total. And it will take him 1-2 weeks to get back into game shape.

Sounds like the same prognosis to me.

Maybe we can wait four more weeks and then have a celebration that he'll only be out two more weeks. :confused:

Shade
02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
He's been out a week. Let's say he's back on the court in six weeks - that's seven weeks total. And it will take him 1-2 weeks to get back into game shape.

Maybe we can wait four more weeks and then have a celebration that he'll only be out two more weeks. :confused:

Well, there was speculation he could miss the rest of the regular season, so this still sounds more promising than that to me.

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 03:59 PM
And if he comes back, plays well and leads this team to the playoffs?
If we make it to the playoffs, it will because of the guys who are playing while he is out.

But I will currently testify.

If we make it to the playoffs and JO is available for the playoffs starting at Round one, game one - AND THEN JO leads us to the ECFs this year AND he does not miss a single game due to injury/resting/whatever from the first day of his return, I will write an open love letter, complete with pictures of myself in sexy poses, and actually MAIL IT to the Pacers. I will provide proof of my compliance right here at PD.

Bookmark it, baby. ;)

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Los Angeles if we get the 6th seed and a healthy JO and play NJ and MIami with a Shaq that will more than likely be breaking down you may regret saying this. You may want to put an extra clause in there.

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Los Angeles if we get the 6th seed and a healthy JO and play NJ and MIami with a Shaq that will more than likely be breaking down you may regret saying this. You may want to put an extra clause in there.
I stand by it, and am willing to pay the consequences.

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Then it is written in stone.

Fireball Kid
02-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Sounds good. I want to see what this team looks like when JO, Peja and Granger are on the floor at the same time.

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
I want it to be clear that nothing would please me more than losing this challenge.

If any Pacers are lurking, please see me as nothing more than a motivator, not a doubter.

Bring it on, YO!

btowncolt
I stand by it, and am willing to pay the consequences.

Have you gotten any PM's with requests to take the pictures? I'll put my name in the hat.

:eyebrow:

CableKC
Yeah...no kidding.

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I can see that btown replied on the forum page, but when I come in here, I can't see his posts.

What's going on?

:tongue: :)

Kaufman
02-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Just wanted to point out the fact that groin injuries tend to heal slowly so much so that in the sports medicine world, we tend to overestimate the time a patient will be out when giving estimates. Also I have noticed that teams will add on to my estimates on occasion, therefore theoretically trying to give a false perception to the opponents...
My two cents.

gilpdawg
02-02-2006, 04:23 PM

I think they meant TOTAL time, but I could be wrong.

heywoode
02-02-2006, 05:44 PM

So it has been written, so let it be done.

One more thing to A) not tank the season for, and B) root on the Pacers extra hard for....

Thanks for the extra motivation, LA!!

Moses
02-02-2006, 06:29 PM
So..lets heal Tins and JO up and get them back in the lineup for the last month to get some chemistry going. Maybe then we will have a shot in the playoffs.

Shade
02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
So..lets heal Tins and JO up and get them back in the lineup for the last month to get some chemistry going. Maybe then we will have a shot in the playoffs.

Can't help but notice you didn't include Jack in that statement... :innocent:

Moses
02-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Can't help but notice you didn't include Jack in that statement... :innocent:
That's because I feel Jack needs to become a role player...Not a focal point in the offense. We've all seen what Jack can do when he's a role player and we've seen what he can do when he's the main guy. Needless to say, I'll take the roleplayer Jack. If we could somehow manage to put Granger/Peja at the 2, I would do it and have Jack come in off the bench. The guy is a good defender and a good offensive player about half of the time. You want streaky guys like Jack to come off the bench and provide a spark for you when they are hot. Kind of like what Dallas does with alot of their guys..IE Stackhouse.

PCC87
02-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Sounds good. I want to see what this team looks like when JO, Peja and Granger are on the floor at the same time.

And Sarunas, thats a hell of a line up