The rookies team is loaded with PGs.

blanket
02-01-2006, 03:14 PM
The rookies team is loaded with PGs.

That and PF/C combo forwards.

I guess Danny as the lone SF should get lots of playing time! :happydanc:

Gyron
02-01-2006, 03:16 PM
At least we got someone playng on the all star weekend.

Kstat
02-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Wait......

TJ FORD is playing for the Sophmores? He was in a totally different rookie class.....

NaptownBound
02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Wait......

TJ FORD is playing for the Sophmores?

i'm guessing last year didn't count since he didn't play any games.
so technically, it is his 2nd season.

rel
02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
i really have no idea who would start...

...but this lineup would be great

G- Paul
G- Jasikevicius
F- Granger
F- Frye
C- Bogut

....doubt that'll be it though

Doug in CO
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Does this remind anyone else of the year that all we had to root for All-Star weekend was Terrence Stansbury?

Sigh.

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I hope they start Danger at the 3 but more than likely the spot will go to Villanueva.
I think the lineup to start will look like this:

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Deron Williams
SF- Villanueva
PF- Frye
C- Bogut
Like I said I hope DG gets the call at the three, but I doubt it happens. Of course he could keep playing out of his mind and force them to start him.

scar
02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Granger is going to get alot of oop passes. I have a feeling Granger will steal the show since he's the most athletic player on the rookie team, and perhaps the second most athletic player behind Iguodala.

FreshPrince22
02-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Granger is going to get alot of oop passes. I have a feeling Granger will steal the show since he's the most athletic player on the rookie team, and perhaps the second most athletic player behind Iguodala.

Nate Robinson who?

btowncolt
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Nate Robinson who?

The most athletic player who can ride the "It's a Small World" attraction at Disney World. Happy?

t1hs0n
02-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Granger will look good in the game because he will be playing with Saras. They know eachothers games very well.

scar
02-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I believe Danny is more athletic. Nate Robinson can't get as high in the air, granted, he can dunk, I just don't think he can sore as high as Danny Danger.

317Kim
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
:woot: GO DANGER! GO RUNI! :woot:

Now I have a reason to watch the All-Star games this year!!

Jaydawg2270
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
was the 3-point shoot out annouced?

scar
02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
was the 3-point shoot out annouced?

I don't belive so, and even though we've got two of the best three point shooters on our team, I don't think we'll have any participants.

Eindar
02-01-2006, 04:27 PM
If a player can't play, do they replace him a la the All-Star game, or do they just play with what they have? Reason I'm asking is because with Okafor injured, Harrison could make a case for inclusion as a C.

sweabs
02-01-2006, 04:29 PM
d

scar
02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
No chance. Harrison is ***. More likely to see Ha-Sueng Jin or Pavel Podkolzine rather than Happy Harrison.

SwissExpress
02-01-2006, 04:56 PM
If a player can't play, do they replace him a la the All-Star game, or do they just play with what they have? Reason I'm asking is because with Okafor injured, Harrison could make a case for inclusion as a C.

I think they already did that. They just did not strike Okafor's name out of the list. The rookies' team has 9 players, and sophomores' - 10.

But that opinion is based purely on math. I don't know the exact rules on composition of those teams.

GO!!!!!
02-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Congrats Pacer Rooks, make the city proud...

317Kim
02-01-2006, 05:53 PM
GRANGER JASIKEVICIUS HONORED
Two Pacers Make Rookie Challenge

<TABLE width=65 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/sarunas_jasikevicius.jpg
<CENTER>Jasikevicius</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE width=65 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/danny_granger.jpg
<CENTER>Granger</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Pacers.com Report | Feb. 1, 2006 <HR>For the first time in team history, the Indiana Pacers will have a pair of participants in the All-Star Weekend Rookie Challenge. Forward Danny Granger (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/danny_granger/index.html) and guard Sarunas Jasikevicius (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/sarunas_jasikevicius/index.html) lead a list of 19 players selected to play in the 2006 T-Mobile Rookie Challenge on Friday, Feb. 17 at the Toyota Center in Houston, the NBA announced today.

Granger is averaging 6.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game this season. He has shown steady improvement as the year has progressed. Over the team’s last five contests, Granger has nearly doubled his offensive output, scoring 12 points per game.

Jasikevicius, who played in Europe last year, has been a consistent contributor, tallying 9.0 points and 3.1 assists per game. Jasikevicius' 3-point ability has translated well to the NBA game. He is currently shooting 40.1 percent from behind the arc.

Before Granger and Jasikevicius, the last Pacers player to participate in the Rookie Challenge was point guard Jamaal Tinsley (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jamaal_tinsley/index.html). Tinsley played in the game as both a rookie and a sophomore, during the 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 seasons. Only two other players have represented the team in the All-Star Saturday event: Erick Dampier (1996-1997) and Antonio Davis (1993-1994).

The T-Mobile Rookie Challenge will be televised live nationally on TNT in the United States and on Rogers Sportsnet in Canada at 9 p.m. ET. The game will also be broadcast live on ESPN Radio while NBA.com will make live audio available to fans in multiple languages.

In last year’s contest, the Denver Nuggets’ Carmelo Anthony led the Sophomores to a 133-106 victory, and earned the Most Valuable Player award after scoring 17 of his 31 points in the second half.

Joining Pacers’ pair on the Rookie team are Luther Head of the Houston Rockets; Andrew Bogut of the Milwaukee Bucks; Chris Paul of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets; Channing Frye and Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks; Charlie Villanueva of the Toronto Raptors; and Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz.

On the Sophomore team are Emeka Okafor of the Charlotte Bobcats, who is injured and will not participate; Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni of the Chicago Bulls; Devin Harris of the Dallas Mavericks; T.J. Ford of the Milwaukee Bucks; Nenad Krstic of the New Jersey Nets; Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson of the Orlando Magic and Andre Iguodala of the Philadelphia 76ers.

If a rookie or second-year player is selected to play in the All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 19, he will also play in the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge on Friday evening.

This is the seventh year of the rookie-sophomore format with the Sophomores leading the series 4-2. The game will be played in two 20-minute halves, with each team allowed one full timeout and one 20-second timeout per half. There will be one mandatory TV timeout in each half. Individual foul totals will be kept, but a player can not foul out. A team will be in the penalty situation after 10 team fouls or after the second foul in the final two minutes of each half. In the event of a tie game, there will be a two-minute overtime to determine the winner. The Clock will stop after each successful field goal in the last minute of each half.

For the second consecutive year, NBA.com will provide basketball fans with the opportunity to have their vote count towards selecting the MVP of the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge, as part of the site's exclusive NBA All-Star 2006 coverage.

The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 19, will air live on TNT, Rogers Sportsnet and ESPN Radio at 8 p.m. EST. The game will also be telecast in 215 countries and broadcast on NBA.com.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/rookie_challenge_060201.html :cool2:

SoupIsGood
02-01-2006, 05:56 PM
No chance. Harrison is ***. More likely to see Ha-Sueng Jin or Pavel Podkolzine rather than Happy Harrison.

:rolleyes:

tadscout
02-01-2006, 06:14 PM
:jump:
:woohoo:

Jermaniac
02-01-2006, 06:18 PM
CONGRATS TO DANNY AND RUNI, Both of them more then deserve it

DeS
02-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I guess now Pacers is a team dramaticaly dependent on our rookies play. I whish them luck and I wish their impact to the team only grow! I wish them both to become the key players in the chempionship contender (i.e. Pacers) team.

RedPitSea
02-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Congrats DG and Saras!

Kent_Brockman
02-01-2006, 08:33 PM
I think that playing in this game was one of Danger's goals before the season. I'm happy to see him acheive it. Congrats to Sarunas as well.

Looking at the personnel on the rookie team, one would think that Granger would be ideal to start at SF. However I see Villanueva starting there due to politics.

sweabs
02-02-2006, 01:06 AM
f

SoupIsGood
02-02-2006, 01:15 AM
14.0 points

10.75 rebounds

1 block

0.5 steal

1.5 assist

21 of 41 FG

7 of 11 3pt FG

33.2 minutes

Over the last four games, per game...

sweabs
02-02-2006, 01:17 AM
f

N8R
02-02-2006, 05:22 AM
Congrats Nate and Frye. Do the Knicks proud as we have nothing else going for us but you two and Lee.

And those Granger numbers are ridiculous. And I agree with rcarey that the rebounding is the number that stands out to me. He is showing some very nice potential.

Keep up the good work Granger

Eindar
02-02-2006, 07:18 AM

That's kind of a jerk thing to say. Since you're so adamant, name a CENTER (not PF) from that draft class that's better than Harrison. Oh, and back it up with stats.

CompACE
02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Willl Granger Start? I can't see why not -

Conflict
02-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I think they deserve it! The beginning of the season was very difficult for the rookies. I think they deserved on a better second half of the first half of the competion (yes very difficult ;)). I think they are both to shy to shine on the rookie class and make few minutes. But they will make the Pacers proud!