PDA

View Full Version : Posted by Pacer35 (Smash) on RATS

indygeezer
02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Stealing this to post here
==================

The info that I recieve is from the actual working staff with the Pacers. Not from a ticket sales agent or a popcorn vendor. I have completely stayed serious about thie whole issue thatI reported at the beginning of this tread. Unlike many of you who heard from a friend from a friend from (and on and on) my info comes from directly from the offices at Conseco fieldhouse. Now have I told you everything that has been told to me....no, and there is a reason for that. The thing that really sets me off is that many of you think that what I have reported is BS.... Hardly! I am to a point to where I am ready to move on over to Pacer DIgest and post instead of just lurking.

One other thing, and this may be the last thing that I post on this useless forum that has so many useless people. One of the reporters from one of the TV stations in INDY....The Pacers are trying very hard to move one player that they feel is a definite non-fit within the teams offensive & defensive framework

NaptownBound
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
One other thing, and this may be the last thing that I post on this useless forum that has so many useless people. One of the reporters from one of the TV stations in INDY....The Pacers are trying very hard to move one player that they feel is a definite non-fit within the teams offensive & defensive framework

This could be a number of players, could it not? Right now, with the way we've been playing, it seems like no one fits.

Pacersfan46
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Good deal if he's on the level. I can't say one way or the other. I have no experience with the man, but some of the more respectable posters here seem to believe him. Which bodes well for him to me. If he gets here I probably won't say much to him one way or the other. As I've heard he doesn't play well with others all the time. :)

Hopefully he is right though, I think this team needs more changes.

Gyron
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Welcome to "Smash". We'll be glad to have you:)

mugsy27
02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
what did he post that made the others think he is posting BS or not telling the truth?

ahhteeth
02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
The Pacers are trying very hard to move one player that they feel is a definite non-fit within the teams offensive & defensive framework

WOW!! That really narrow's it down, so pretty much anyone but Granger. He's really going out on a limb there.

Chauncey
02-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Smash=BS

RWB
02-01-2006, 12:02 PM
WOW!! That really narrow's it down, so pretty much anyone but Granger. He's really going out on a limb there.

Teeth, actually it does. We know they are still not happy with a malcontent and it shouldn't be too hard to narrow that list down.

FrenchConnection
02-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Bye Bye Jack and AJ!

Arcadian
02-01-2006, 12:08 PM
The most worrisome part if thatis true is that the Pacers think they have only one non-fit. We have more misfits than just a Charlie-In-The-Box.

ahhteeth
02-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Teeth, actually it does. We know they are still not happy with a malcontent and it shouldn't be too hard to narrow that list down.

Help me narrow it down.
Possibly,
AJ, Tins, Sarunus, SJax, Harrison, J.O., Fred, Cro, Gill,

So it's probably not J.O., Fred, Cro, or Gill, but Fred might be wanting the starting role and it's not like J.O. would go public with being upset, although he has shown some signs of getting sort of fed up. I don't think you can really truely rule anyone out. I mean what type of player isn't going to be "malcontent" during a 6-game losing streak that shows no signs of stopping.

indygeezer
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes, we have more than one malcontent. But I think we can see that after Sheed and Bonzi were split-up the behavior of each has improved. Did they feed of each other? I think so and my hope is that by eliminating one bad egg we may be able to get another back towhere he used to be (prior to Jax arrival).

and if ya cant read between the lines I'm saying that moving Jax may save Tinsley.

jericho
02-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Dont you think that Saras is the one who does not fit most?

RWB
02-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Vegas would probably put the odds on Jackson.

ChicagoJ
02-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Other than the obvious choice of Jackson, currently, I'd say its either Saras or Peja that doesn't fit the most.

Of course, I also think the team may be somewhat re-made in their image. But I think a Granger-JO-Harrison frontcourt would be okay with a Saras and Peja backcourt (if Peja can actually play SG, which I don't know.) I'd still prefer an upgrade over Saras at PG. Maybe a healthy, positive Tinsley, if such a species existed. That's kinda like a unicorn, I guess. A young Vern Fleming would be a nice fit for this team, too bad he's over 40. :shrug:

CableKC
02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Stealing this to post here
==================

The info that I recieve is from the actual working staff with the Pacers. Not from a ticket sales agent or a popcorn vendor. I have completely stayed serious about thie whole issue thatI reported at the beginning of this tread. Unlike many of you who heard from a friend from a friend from (and on and on) my info comes from directly from the offices at Conseco fieldhouse. Now have I told you everything that has been told to me....no, and there is a reason for that. The thing that really sets me off is that many of you think that what I have reported is BS.... Hardly! I am to a point to where I am ready to move on over to Pacer DIgest and post instead of just lurking.

When we last visited this topic.....didn't someone say that Smash was a somewhat reliable poster on the RATS message board?

tadscout
02-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Dont you think that Saras is the one who does not fit most?

Sarunas fits in perfectly w/ what type of team that Larry says he wants (more up tempo, more ball movement and player movement...), he just doesn't fit into Carlisle's system to well... So I think you'll see Carlisle fired before you see Sarunas moved...

Also I think Smash has narrowed it down... Jackson fits in the least into what Larry wants to do... he is so selfish the ball just dies and stays with him once he gets it... or if he does pass it he has biases, he absolutely won't pass the ball to certain players, even if they are wide open...

CableKC
02-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Help me narrow it down.
Possibly,
AJ, Tins, Sarunus, SJax, Harrison, J.O., Fred, Cro, Gill,

So it's probably not J.O., Fred, Cro, or Gill, but Fred might be wanting the starting role and it's not like J.O. would go public with being upset, although he has shown some signs of getting sort of fed up. I don't think you can really truely rule anyone out. I mean what type of player isn't going to be "malcontent" during a 6-game losing streak that shows no signs of stopping.
I would like to suggest that it may not be Sarunas. My hope is that Bird's scouting of Sarunas in the last season or two wasn't so bad that he couldn't see that what his defensive and offensive liabilities were....especially compounded in a rookie season transitioning between the EuroLeagues to the NBA.

Is Sarunas' defense horrible? Yes.....but this was a given and known prior to Bird signing him to a contract.

Is it possible that after 1/2 a season that Bird realized that he made a huge mistake in signing Sarunas? Although its possible....I hope not but ultimately doubt it. He was brought in for a specific reason.....at worst as a backup PG to Tinsley....at best as part of a bigger plan for the future.

diamonddave00
02-01-2006, 01:41 PM
The Pacers are attempting to move a couple players . Sarunas Jasikevicius is not one of them , while Runi has struggled at times overall we have seen he has leadership ability and plays every night with heart and effort.

One of the players will suprise some if he is dealt ( no , not Jermaine), not Stojakovic either.

Pacersfan46
02-01-2006, 01:44 PM
The only other I'd be shocked about is Granger.

I will be highly pissed if it's him.

tadscout
02-01-2006, 01:45 PM
The Pacers are attempting to move a couple players . Sarunas Jasikevicius is not one of them , while Runi has struggled at times overall we have seen he has leadership ability and plays every night with heart and effort.

One of the players will suprise some if he is dealt ( no , not Jermaine), not Stojakovic either.

I'm guessing Jones, b/c we know we can't afford him... b/c teams like CHA or NOK can offer him a ton of money to get him, and we won't be able to match...

Also I don't get why some of you were guessing Sarunas... our offense runs the best when he's playing the PG, not AJ (and Tinsley always injured)... and we play better with him in there rather than wacko jacko just jacking up useless shoots (1-11 sound familiar?)...

obnoxiousmodesty
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Yesterday someone asked me which players I thought were untradeable. I quickly named Danny Granger, then realized that I didn't have a strong opinion on any of the others. Interesting. I would have had a very different answer four months ago.

rexnom
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Assuming that this true and reliable and there is one non-fit that the Pacers think they have and want to trade. Looking at the roster I'd say the only person that really doesn't fit anymore both offensivel and defensively is Jack. Peja may not defensively but I think he fits with what the Pacers are trying to do offensively, same with Saras. Also, with J.O., he may not fit with an up-tempo game but people forget how much he improves us defensively. A.J. would be number two on my list. He is caught in between the old style and the new style Bird is seemingly trying to usher in.

sweabs
02-01-2006, 02:03 PM

I think it's fair to say Jackson is being actively shopped.

One that may surprise? I think Foster or Croshere can be placed under that category. Foster has already been offered in a package for Magloire, and Croshere recently offered in the Lamar Odom package. Yet it still seems like people would be surprised if one of those 2 were dealt.

Jose Slaughter
02-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Considering how Tinsley played D during his last game I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. But I hoping its Jackson.

tadscout
02-01-2006, 02:08 PM

One that may surprise? I think Foster or Croshere can be placed under that category. Foster has already been offered in a package for Magloire, and Croshere recently offered in the Lamar Odom package. Yet it still seems like people would be surprised if one of those 2 were dealt.

Yeah that makes sense too... I think if your name isn't Jermaine, Peja, Danny, or Sarunas (possibly David and Scot) you're being shopped...

Considering how Tinsley played D during his last game I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. But I hoping its Jackson.

Again I think it's multiple players being shopped... Like DD00 said...

dryles
02-01-2006, 02:09 PM
OK...I'm one of those "tight b$%&rds" that won't pay for League Pass, so I don't see many games, but...
I keep reading where Jax is such a black hole and disrupting the offense, but when I check box scores he invariably has 4-6 assists (usually team-leader). Now I don't particularly like the man either, but can some one explain this to me?
BTW, whoever said something about getting rid of Jax might save JT, that kinda makes sense. I don't recall JT's attitude being quite so bad before SJ got here.

CableKC
02-01-2006, 02:14 PM

I partially agree with you there mainly cuz they were shopped and there seems to be an underlying movment to get rid of long term contracts. But the only part that sticks out to me is that we are so dangerously thin at the froutcourt at the PF/C positions due to continuing injuries....that moving either Foster or Croshere just doesn't make sense....unless ( of course ) we get back a decent player at either of those positions.

btowncolt
02-01-2006, 02:17 PM
OK...I'm one of those "tight b$%&rds" that won't pay for League Pass, so I don't see many games, but...
I keep reading where Jax is such a black hole and disrupting the offense, but when I check box scores he invariably has 4-6 assists (usually team-leader). Now I don't particularly like the man either, but can some one explain this to me?

He's had 4 or more assists in 8 of 43 games this year, so I'm not sure that is frequent enough to warrant the use of "invariably".

tadscout
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
BTW, whoever said something about getting rid of Jax might save JT, that kinda makes sense. I don't recall JT's attitude being quite so bad before SJ got here.

It's pure bad decision making... once he makes up his mind the he's is going to 'get his shot' nothing is going to stop him... even if he is double-triple teamed... but if he does pass it he has biases and won't pass to certain players even if they are wide open...

able
02-01-2006, 02:36 PM

Jax might have 4 Ast, at times, but he wil also have at least as many turnovers, with his assists it is mostly that someone catches something he loses and dunks it instead of a true set up pass.
Jax is also simply not doing his job on defense, not a matter of can do defense, but a matter of not doing.
Slick was mighty upset with him once again, for not closing in on shooters, and while I was -re-watching the game v the Bobcats I noticed that Jax did not get a pass on the 3pt line and Aj took the shot himself, Jax stood there staring at AJ while the rest ran back for defense, by the time they scored Jax had not yet crossed the timeline BACK.

The "surprise" for some I would say is AJ, let's not forget his "remarks" in the paper and more important, his unceremonious benching a few games ago, after his demonstrative "walk off the court" at the cost of a T
As far as what "the Geezer" said; Yes I think having a player like Jax and to a fit Ron, goes towards the "attitude" problems of others like in this case Tins, I said before, people can be unhappy about the work circumstances, like having to work with someone that is an utter "d!ckhead"

Besides the importance of the BYC status of Tinsley I think that he is to much of a real PG to be really on the list of tradeable players atm, unless a PG comes on offer that is top of the class and does not get more money then Tins, and plays for a team that is under the cap, or is looking for other things like Polly's contract.

I doubt however very sincerely they will trade an expiring contract, which would bring some semblence of normality to our payroll and LT situation.

They are still looking to make the playoffs, for two reasons:

1. it is a whole new competition
2. They'll need the money that comes from it to more or less balance the books

I expect trades to be in that light and not "future driven"

CableKC
02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Sort of OT.....but in acquiring Draft picks of any sort....1st or 2nd round....for the 2006 draft class.....is it really as bad as many say it is?

or

Is it more that there aren't any standouts in the draft? I'm hoping that the Pacers can do some serious scouting to pick out the "diamonds in the rough" like Freddie or JJ.

It seems that there are definite top 10 draft picks that seem decent....mainly the ones that continually pop up like Morrison or Aldridge....but there has to be some type of player out there that can fit our needs.

Knucklehead Warrior
02-01-2006, 02:46 PM
When we last visited this topic.....didn't someone say that Smash was a somewhat reliable poster on the RATS message board?

Yeah, well I'll lump this speculation in with the Ray Allen trade he reported on last summer. These sure make for good reading threads.

I once saw Donnie at the salad bar and he was talking to some guy in a suit and he said he wished they had some Boston lettuce. I think it had something to do with Paul Pierce. :buddies:

RWB
02-01-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm guessing Jones, b/c we know we can't afford him... b/c teams like CHA or NOK can offer him a ton of money to get him, and we won't be able to match...

I could see the Ps moving Freddie because of his contract, but he has been a good soldier and believe they would like to re-sign him if possible.

I asked Burger King (;) ) two summers ago about Freddie being a SG. He was pretty blunt at the time saying he had two major problems that had to be addressed.

He said, Fred had ZERO arc on the ball and a bad habit of releasing his shot coming down instead at the apex.

By the looks of things, while not perfect, Freddie has really worked on that and I would have to believe the PAcers can't help but want guys who want too continue to improve. Rumor had it that's one reason Dale was kept over Antonio years ago. Higher ups were impressed that Dale really took too heart his free throw problems and went the extra mile.

Suaveness
02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I hope it's Jackson and Tinsley. They don't need to be here.

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm still holding out hope that Jack/AJ for Andre Miller deal goes down. That would be fabulous. :nod:

Hicks
02-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Indeed.

Jon Theodore
02-01-2006, 04:08 PM
it's Jackson....plain and simple, it is so obvious. I can't believe people are ACTUALLY even thinking about other guys. It could also be AJ, because he seems to put up questionable shots occasionally and AJ actually has trade value.

But yeah it's definetely Jackson, MAYBE Aj. It's not Granger, Runi, or DH because they are all too new to the NBA to make that kind of judgement.

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Does somebody have a link for the thread on RATS that spawned this?

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
BTW it is obviously Jack. He does not fit in next to Peja at all.

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
it's Jackson....plain and simple, it is so obvious. I can't believe people are ACTUALLY even thinking about other guys. It could also be AJ, because he seems to put up questionable shots occasionally and AJ actually has trade value.

But yeah it's definetely Jackson, MAYBE Aj. It's not Granger, Runi, or DH because they are all too new to the NBA to make that kind of judgement.

Hell, if we packaged Jack and AJ for about any starting caliber PG or SG I would pull the trigger right now. We're decently stocked at the other positions (could use another C, but the backcourt needs are more glaring) if Peja stays. I would include Tins as well if it got us a REALLY good starting SG/PG.

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
BTW it is obviously Jack. He does not fit in next to Peja at all.

Maybe it's Peja that doesn't fit in with Jack... :innocent:

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Maybe it's Peja that doesn't fit in with Jack... :innocent:

That maybe but Peja is better than Jack and regardless Larry Bird has a man crush on Peja. I think Peja is the safest player on this team right now. Except maybe Granger.

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
That maybe but Peja is better than Jack and regardless Larry Bird has a man crush on Peja. I think Peja is the safest player on this team right now. Except maybe Granger.

Oh, I agree. It was just a joke. ;)

Right now, as I see it, we have Hulk and Foster at center, since Scot will be gone after the season. We could definitely use another center, preferably a starter.

At the 4, we have JO and Cro. Solid.

At SF stands Peja and Danger. As long as Peja re-signs, we're good to go there. In fact, that's probably our best position.

At SG is Jack and Freddie. I want to re-sign Freddie. He's turning into the perfect back-up, which means we still need a starter. Jack needs to go. I've been pretty adamant about that since basically the beginning of the season.

At our deepest and most confusing position is Tins, Runi, AJ, and Gill. Gill will be gone at season's end, but he's still a servicable third-stringer. AJ needs to go. Like Jack, he's been on my ****list for a very long time. I really like a healthy tins, but it appears that monster is about as rare as a sane Artest or calm Jack. Therefore, we need a starting PG.

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh, I agree. It was just a joke. ;)

Right now, as I see it, we have Hulk and Foster at center, since Scot will be gone after the season. We could definitely use another center, preferably a starter.

At the 4, we have JO and Cro. Solid.

At SF stands Peja and Danger. As long as Peja re-signs, we're good to go there. In fact, that's probably our best position.

At SG is Jack and Freddie. I want to re-sign Freddie. He's turning into the perfect back-up, which means we still need a starter. Jack needs to go. I've been pretty adamant about that since basically the beginning of the season.

At our deepest and most confusing position is Tins, Runi, AJ, and Gill. Gill will be gone at season's end, but he's still a servicable third-stringer. AJ needs to go. Like Jack, he's been on my ****list for a very long time. I really like a healthy tins, but it appears that monster is about as rare as a sane Artest or calm Jack. Therefore, we need a starting PG.

I think our PG position will look dramatically different byt the start of next season. I have been praying for us to either move up and secure Daniel Gibson or for him to fall into our laps in the upcoming draft. I think Larry and Donnie will keep Runi, but will ship out AJ and Tins.

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:30 PM
I think our PG position will look dramatically different byt the start of next season. I have been praying for us to either move up and secure Daniel Gibson or for him to fall into our laps in the upcoming draft. I think Larry and Donnie will keep Runi, but will ship out AJ and Tins.

I have a feeling we will do anything in our power to draft Adam Morrison.

indygeezer
02-01-2006, 04:37 PM
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137003&page=4&pp=15

Trader Joe
02-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Regardless I think we make a move to get up in the draft. Morrison would be great, but can he play the two or the four consistently? DG is our man at the three for right now I would have to think. I just really think Daniel Gibson can be special.

tadscout
02-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Regardless I think we make a move to get up in the draft. Morrison would be great, but can he play the two or the four consistently? DG is our man at the three for right now I would have to think. I just really think Daniel Gibson can be special.

Remember Granger can be a very solid 4 in a up tempo offense like Larry says he wants... Of course that means JO at 5, and either Carlisle changes his system b/c Larry tells him to, or he gets the boot...

rexnom
02-01-2006, 05:16 PM

I would not be surprised at all at that either. I think this will be like when Bird did everything in his power to get Ben Gordon...even though he failed. Morrison may be hard to get but I could see Bird doing his absolute best. As good as Morrison is however, I would prefer it if we just got a nice starting caliber PG (even a SG) and shipped Jack out.

indygeezer
02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
NBADraft.net is showing Pacers drafting at 17 and A. Morrison being drafted #1.

That's moving up a whole lot to get him.

EDIT: This is who they project at #17 (sounds alot like a certain DD, IIRC)

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/joshboone.asp

tadscout
02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
NBADraft.net is showing Pacers drafting at 17 and A. Morrison being drafted #1.

That's moving up a whole lot to get him.

EDIT: This is who they project at #17 (sounds alot like a certain DD, IIRC)

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/joshboone.asp

We're more likely to draft- Rudy Fernandez

dryles
02-01-2006, 06:58 PM
He's had 4 or more assists in 8 of 43 games this year, so I'm not sure that is frequent enough to warrant the use of "invariably".

Boy, you check things out don't ya? I guess I meant "recently" I've seen 4 or 5 assists. Since JO and Tins have been out. How about "occasionally"? :D

Jermaniac
02-01-2006, 07:04 PM
We're more likely to draft- Rudy FernandezWhat are we going to do with another shooting guard? If Josh Boone is there and we pass on him I will be pissed.

Will Galen
02-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Remember Granger can be a very solid 4 in a up tempo offense like Larry says he wants... Of course that means JO at 5, and either Carlisle changes his system b/c Larry tells him to, or he gets the boot...

Does anyone know when Carlisle's contract is up?

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know when Carlisle's contract is up?
End of next season.

btowncolt
02-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Boy, you check things out don't ya? I guess I meant "recently" I've seen 4 or 5 assists. Since JO and Tins have been out. How about "occasionally"? :D

They sure don't pay me to do anything productive at the office...