PDA

View Full Version : Trading Jax and Tins..

Mr. Pink
02-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Now since we have Peja on the team, and Granger obviously going to be a force...

Why don't we trade Jax and Tins together to get the next peice of the puzzle we really need?

It seems like our two major concerns are our Point Guard and Big Man.

I think our pg situation is going to be a hell of a lot better next year. Each game it seems like Sarunas is learning something new to better his game. AJ is still one hell of a back point guard. He has really pulled this team out of a few games this season and last years. I think we might be set with this part.

To the big man part...Harrison, just like Sarunas, is getting better and better. His progress is a little bit slower in my opinion, but he is on his way. Foster seems like he is starting to become "injury prone." I think having a consistent big man is more of a priority than our PG part.

Jax and Tins could bring us in a nice player. I would really like a center who can hit an open jumper, and block a few shots. I don't know really know who could fit into that, but it sure would be nice. Rebounding is usually a "DUH" with a big guy. Plus Granger is going to be a force there anyway. JO can rebound too.

If we could bring in a big guy that can do that, I can almost see a front court like the Pistons. Obviously, Granger is the Prince type, but I think Granger has more to offer. JO and another shot blocker roaming the paint would scare a few gaurds. Also, it would help with the Defense (whatever that would be) of Peja and Sarunas. They would know they would have help behind them if they know these guys are waiting for thier man.

Also, with another Center/PF in the rotation, that would make a nice 4 person lineup. With JO, Foster, Harrison, and the guy from the trade, we wouldn't be relying on health as much. Croshere would could fill in those minutes as well, but also at SF.

We might need to throw in a 1st or 2nd round draft pick to help with Tinsley's injury problems, but I think it could work.

OnlyPacersLeft
02-01-2006, 02:05 AM
tooooooo orlando for steve francis! GET IT DONE!

Will Galen
02-01-2006, 02:05 AM
I would really like a center who can hit an open jumper, and block a few shots. I don't know really know who could fit into that, but it sure would be nice.

Sorry Mr. Pink, but I always find it funny when someone advocates us trading for a mystery player who has everything we need but a name.

Mr. Pink
02-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Sorry Mr. Pink, but I always find it funny when someone advocates us trading for a mystery player who has everything we need but a name.

I was hoping one of you masters of the league could fill a player that would have similarities to what I described. If it's a fantasy player...then...I'm an idiot.

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Oh Hell no - Steve Francis can stay right where he is.

Will Galen
02-01-2006, 05:29 AM
I was hoping one of you masters of the league could fill a player that would have similarities to what I described. If it's a fantasy player...then...I'm an idiot.

Without going back and reading your discription of the player, I'll just say there are probably players like that in the league. And I wouldn't think you an idiot even if their wasn't such a player. I've read idiots on here! (grin)

The problem is getting the type players we want isn't easy or we would already have them.

Fireball Kid
02-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Hell No To Steve-O!
Hell No To Steve-O!

BTW, what are the chances of us getting Jameer Nelson?

I know, I'm reaching:shrug:

Rytas_Jega
02-01-2006, 05:41 AM
I would really like a center who can hit an open jumper, and block a few shots. I don't know really know who could fit into that, but it sure would be nice.

Erazem Lorbek.

He can hit an open jumper and block a few shots per season. Erazem is probably better in shot blocking than Šaras.

Doug in CO
02-01-2006, 09:23 AM
When does his Europe contract expire - will he be here next year?

purdue101
02-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I don't think we really need a PF/C added to this team. When healthy, our frontcourt rotation is top 3 in the league and brings a lot of diversity. Peja, Granger, JO, Cro, Foster, and DH is fine by me.

What needs to be overhauled is our starting backcourt (Jax and Tins). I think our backcourt off the bench is amazing (runi and FJ) and should stay put. We need a veteran PG who can stay on the court and a SG who is all about defense (did you see Peja's D last night?)

Trade #1: Either Jax for Watson or Jax and AJ for Andre Miller.
Trade #2: Tinsley & Pollard for Hassell and either Madsen or Griffin.

owl
02-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Purdue101 said...."did you see Peja's D last night?"

Uhhh, no I didn't :-)

owl

microwave_oven
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I thought he played pretty good defensively last night

Hicks
02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
He was OK. Reached in once that I recall, and totally lost his man another time, but for the most part he did an average job.

PostArtestEra
02-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Tinsley and Jackson for Andre Miller and Voshon Leonard???

CableKC
02-01-2006, 01:32 PM
I would prefer a SJax+AJ for Watson+Elson+filler deal. We get a defensive minded PG locked in for 4 years and get the rights to a restricted FA in Elson who I think can be a solid backup PF/C who can be had for a reasonable price.

Mr. Pink
02-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I would prefer a SJax+AJ for Watson+Elson+filler deal. We get a defensive minded PG locked in for 4 years and get the rights to a restricted FA in Elson who I think can be a solid backup PF/C who can be had for a reasonable price.

What would we do with tins or sarunas? They both deserve playing time.

Pacersfan46
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM

My brain comes up with Raef LaFrentz. Even though he doesn't block shots like he used to.

Just my first response.

CableKC
02-01-2006, 01:51 PM
What would we do with tins or sarunas? They both deserve playing time.
I forgot to mention it...I'm looking beyond this season....when Tinsley's BYC condition in his contract is gone ( please confirm if this is right ) and we can trade him.

If we want a defensive minded backup PG.....he's on the market....we should get him. But its all a dream for me.....Watson / Elson....2 solid backup role players that I wish we could get.

Also...you're the one suggesting that we trade Tinsley....I'm just suggesting that we seek a seperate deal for Tinsley...either before thet trade deadline or after the regular season.

pizza guy
02-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Just, please, get rid of Tins and SJax. There are two player I wish to never see in a Pacers' uniform again. I love our frontcourt, and I love having Sarunas in the backcourt, and AJ is a decent back-up PG. Our SG spot needs filled desperately, and with the addition of Peja, it needs to be a defensive-minded SG.

indytoad
02-02-2006, 12:00 AM
The way things have been going for them recently, I'm not sure how much we could get for Tinsley and Jackson...

IndyToad
Good old-fashioned values

SoupIsGood
02-02-2006, 12:03 AM
We need a PG.

Let's draft the next Chris Paul next year! :drool:

Mr. Pink
02-02-2006, 12:22 AM
The way things have been going for them recently, I'm not sure how much we could get for Tinsley and Jackson...

IndyToad
Good old-fashioned values

Hell, I'd be happy with a some first round draft picks. That way we got a chance to get Greg Odom.

huff18
02-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Here are a few shotblockers the Pacers could trade Tinsley & Jax for:

To Denver for either Martin or Camby.

To Portland for Theo Ratliff Pacers might have to add another player or draft pick.

To New Orleans for PJ Brown.

To Denver for Nene and Watson

To Atlanta for Harrington.

To New York for Antonio Davis. Pacers will have to add in Benders contract.

The player I would like to see in a Pacers uniform the most is Camby .

sweabs
02-02-2006, 12:49 AM

Not going to happen.

Oh yeah, and he's about as bad as Bender when it comes to injuries.

Even this year, he was out for a while with a broken pinkie finger, came back yesterday, and then sat out tonight because of a sore shoulder. This guy is as reliable as Tinsley is...(not a compliment).

Mr. Pink
02-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Here are a few shotblockers the Pacers could trade Tinsley & Jax for:

To Portland for Theo Ratliff Pacers might have to add another player or draft pick.

Camby...oh jesus. That would be awesome. But do we need another injury guy to this team? I like a lot of the other options. The Nene and Watson one would help this team in a lot of ways.

huff18
02-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Not going to happen.

Oh yeah, and he's about as bad as Bender when it comes to injuries.

Even this year, he was out for a while with a broken pinkie finger, came back yesterday, and then sat out tonight because of a sore shoulder. This guy is as reliable as Tinsley is...(not a compliment).

Yeah , I agree with you. Camby is injury prone I guess that's the life of a 225lb Center.

jrm7one
02-02-2006, 01:16 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/060201_gallery2_jackson.jpg

I don't see why anyone wants to trade Stephen. He's got such great court vision. He's so good, he can hold his own even while playing blindfolded.

sweabs
02-02-2006, 01:20 AM
:laugh:

That reminds me of a crazy And 1 play that Mo Pete made last year. Here's a picture...can't believe he made it (although Mo Pete is renowned for making circus shots).

http://www.mjbasket.ch/IMG/jpg/NBA-Morris-peterson_295_050130.jpg

McKeyFan
02-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Let's see . . . A good center who can shoot and block some shots. I'd love to have one of the Wallaces like Detroit, but we'll have probably have to settle for a backup somewhere.

Antonio McDysse!

No, he plays backup for the Pistons.

Dale Davis? No, he backs up McDysse.

Darko? . . . eh, forget it.

Anthem
02-02-2006, 02:16 AM
If Tinsley was healthy, it would make sense to trade him to Atlanta for one of their many swingmen.

As it is, though, I'm not sure he has any value.

18to88
02-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Let's trade Tinsley and Jackson because hell, we only need a rookie backup PG, a old backup PG, and ONE shooting guard. Do you really think Fred Jones needs to be playing 40+ mins? What happens if (and more than likely) we lose him to free agency?

skyfire
02-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Yea I cant see them trading Tins while he is injured and still under BYC contract status. If he can get healthy and finish out the season then his trade value would be much higher

bulldog
02-02-2006, 02:38 AM
Seattle's looking for a point gaurd, and Reggie Evans and Fortson seem to be available. I like Evans, a little undersized but you can never have enough beef up front. Although they would probably want AJ more than Tins. Not a blockbuster, but maybe helpful. Of course, with tins injured, that would make our backup point Gill.
Denver seems to be most likely for SJax, they need some help at that 2 spot bad.

Kstat
02-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Reggie would have to waive the no-trade clause.

He'd have to really, REALLY want to play in Indiana, because he'd forefit his right to higher annual percentage increases in salary if he did.

18to88
02-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Yea I cant see them trading Tins while he is injured and still under BYC contract status. If he can get healthy and finish out the season then his trade value would be much higher

Why would we trade our best PG if he can stay healthy? He is reasonably paid. The only way they trade him is if a.) he is a big problem in the locker room, which none of us know, or b.) he is unhealthy, and who could we get for him if he is unhealthy? a 2nd rounder? no thanks!

18to88
02-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Seattle's looking for a point gaurd, and Reggie Evans and Fortson seem to be available. I like Evans, a little undersized but you can never have enough beef up front. Although they would probably want AJ more than Tins. Not a blockbuster, but maybe helpful. Of course, with tins injured, that would make our backup point Gill.
Denver seems to be most likely for SJax, they need some help at that 2 spot bad.

and if we traded Jack to Denver, so would we. Let's count the SGs guys...

1. Stephen Jackson
2. Fred Jones (who probably won't be here next season)
3. Anthony Johnson, because Rick Carlisle is a moron and just wants this guy in the game.

so if we trade Jack because people on Pacers message boards hate him, and Fred Jones leaves, that leaves us with AJ or a ROOKIE holding down the 2.

DG-33
02-02-2006, 03:36 AM
We couldn't take Martin's contract, and Denver wont trade Camby, and he's also old and injury prone.

Theo Ratliff is garbage. Old, injury prone, overpaid, terrible rebounder, below average scorer, undersized.

A great role player.....5 years ago. Now he's just an old geezer playing out his contract.

Don't think Denver wants to give up Nene, and I know Walsh and Bird don't want yet another crucial FA at seasons end, and Watsons overpaid and not nearly as good as neither Tinsley nor Saras.

Another FA at seasons end. I like Harrington, but we're set at the forward positions, so he's not really needed.

Old, washed up geezer #4. Why would we trade two talented 27 year old players for a 35 year old hasbeen?

Here's my possibilities.....

Andre Miller - Denver needs a shooting guard, so maybe they'd be interested in Jackson? And if they moved Miller, we could add in Tinsley who's just as good when he's actually playing imo. Maybe a deal involving Miller/Watson for Jackson/Tinsley?

Sam Cassell - Clippers probably wont move him since they're pushing for the playoffs for the first time in forever, but it's not completely impossible since Shaun Livingston is their man of the future. Sam's pretty much Chauncey Billups minus the hype. He's old, but he's so experienced and so talented, he'd be amazing for us.

Stephon Marbury - Alright, his contract is huge and he's had "attitude" problems in the past, but all of those attitude problems either happened when he was young (Minnesota), on a bad team (New York), or both (New Jersey). The full year he spent with Phoenix, there was legitimate debate for Marbury being just as good as Jason Kidd, and he was as peaceful as a dove.

Steve Francis - Similar to Francis, although Steve is more of a 2-guard then Stephon. If he could come cheap, and Donnies willing to take on his contract, he's got the talent to help bring a championship to Indy.

Josh Childress - Young guy, with nice size and still with a good deal of upside. Possibly the odd-man out in Atlanta, and they need a point guard badly...

Paul Pierce - Pipe dream...

Luke Jackson - Completely unproven, and we'd be trading with a division rival, but who knows?

Mickael Pietrus - I think the Warriors are pretty high on him, and rightfully so, but there have been rumors, so once again, who really knows?

Mike Dunleavy - Contract is good sized, but he's been playing great lately. Still, I don't see where he'd fit in with us.

Q-Rich - Stinking it up in New York, but he was pretty damn good his previous two years with the Suns and Clippers. I think he could be had for cheap.

Reuben Patterson - Damn good scorer and defender, the problem is he's one of the worst shooters in the league and he makes Stephen Jackson look like Reggie Miller when it comes to attitudes.

Mo Pete - Don't know what Toronto would ask for Mo Pete, but he's a pretty solid player who's got a complete, if average game.

Matt Harpring - Injury prone, aging. But he's a tough defender, who's a great rebounder and can knock down his shots. Career seems to be going to waste in Utah.

Eddy Curry - Don't know how New York feels about Curry, but I do know they need a SF and a PG if Marbury's gonna be playing 2-guard. Jackson and Tinsley fit the bill.

Etan Thomas - He's injured a lot, but he's a very powerful, intelligent guy in the Antonio Davis-mold.

Troy Murphy - Pretty hefty contract, and not much of a defender, but he's got good size, and real nice offensive and rebounding skills.

Dan Gadzuric - Overpaid and plays for a division rival (Milwaukee), but he's one of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the league and his offensive game, while by no means good, isn't terrible either.

Kenny Thomas - A pretty hefty contract, and he's undersized, but he's a good rebounder and pretty good scorer.

Carlos Boozer - Another big contract, another injury prone player, but he's got near All-Star talent when it comes to scoring and rebounding. Plus I'd love to have him here just to **** off Cavs fans.

DG-33
02-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Reggie would have to waive the no-trade clause.

He'd have to really, REALLY want to play in Indiana, because he'd forefit his right to higher annual percentage increases in salary if he did.
The Pacers could offer him a starting salary high enough to make the annual % increases irrelevant. And I'm sure he'd ne happy with the Pacers, since we're a winning team (playoffs 15 out of 16 years?) and we're known as a good organization that takes care of its players.