PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jones vs Stephen Jackson

DG-33
01-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Who should be the Pacers starting shooting guard - Fred Jones or Stephen Jackson?

Fireball Kid
01-31-2006, 10:58 PM
If Fred starts, we have consistent offense but due to his size, we lose defense.

If Jacko starts, we have a nice defender, but no consistent offense.

The real question is, will Rick choose offense over defense?

And the answer? No.

But I voted Fred Jones.

Unclebuck
01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
If Fred starts, we have consistent offense but due to his size, we lose defense.

If Jacko starts, we have a nice defender, but no consistent offense.

The real question is, will Rick choose offense over defense?

And the answer? No.

I disagree, I think Fred's a better defender, and as far as I'm concerned it is a matter of when not if Jax will be traded. It is almost over

jrm7one
01-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Fred. No doubt.

Starting lineup should be:
Runi
Fred
Granger
Peja
Harrison

They were the only guys giving a productive effort tonight.
Jax, Tinsley and AJ are cancers and should be traded ASAP.

sweabs
01-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Neither.

I'd love to keep Freddie as a guy coming off the bench, because that is where he's best suited to play. Bring some needed energy, and some penetration/slashing on the offensive end to mix things up.

Stephen Jackson just flat-out should not even be on this team.

Fireball Kid
01-31-2006, 11:05 PM
I disagree, I think Fred's a better defender, and as far as I'm concerned it is a matter of when not if Jax will be traded. It is almost over

Unclebuck, I don't disagree with anything your saying. But who could we trade Jacko for? What team would want this guy? Is there any chance we could get any kind of "value" what so ever??

We're screwed either way.

GO!!!!!
01-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Right now Freddie is just on Fire.... Start him with Jax comming of the bench.. to score, there is no pressure on Jax then and No Peja, No Freddie just him Cro and Johnson, the'll let him shooot...

btowncolt
01-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Jax is a solid defender by reputation, but a **** poor lazy one by execution. Jones did a respectable job tonight.

I think the last two years have finally caught up with them. They just don't have any spark.

SarunasJ3
01-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Trade Jax or bench the guy.Trade AJ or bench him but heres the lineup i would like for the next game. PG-Sarunas.J SG-Freddy.J(But make Granger guard Kobe) SF-Peja.S PF-Danny.G C-David.H This is a way better lineup then last game and we can defintley beat the lakers with that lineup.Alls they got is Kobe.

Fireball Kid
01-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Trade Jax or bench the guy.Trade AJ or bench him but heres the lineup i would like for the next game. PG-Sarunas.J SG-Freddy.J(But make Granger guard Kobe) SF-Peja.S PF-Danny.G C-David.H This is a way better lineup then last game and we can defintley beat the lakers with that lineup.Alls they got is Kobe.

Thats the same thing I said right before Kobe lit up the Mavericks with 62 stinkin points in 3 freakin Quarters!:grumble:

SarunasJ3
01-31-2006, 11:20 PM
We should be able to beat JUST ONE PLAYER.

larry
01-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Who would want Jax? If I was a GM I'd have to say hell no!! We did a sign and trade, which complicates things because Jackson is owed alot of paper. If it wasn't a sign and trade, we for some reason signed him to an extension without ever getting to watch him as a Pacer.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

ahhteeth
01-31-2006, 11:26 PM
We should be able to beat JUST ONE PLAYER.

Not too sure if you can say that at this point. I think Kobe could have dropped at least 79 on us tonite with how bad we looked all around. He would've had a ton of free throws with how much hacking was going on out there too.

BlueNGold
01-31-2006, 11:33 PM
I think RC said Fred was the team's second best defender...when Artest was on the roster. As for Jax, the sooner he leaves Indy the better. He is supposedly our #1 option, but scores 5 points on 1 for 11 shooting. Is he really trying? I cannot believe he is trying with that POS performance. OMG. Foster on a bad night beats that.

Shade
01-31-2006, 11:55 PM
My oh my, what can change in only a few months. I posted this same poll a few months ago and it was overwhelmingly in Jack's favor.

btowncolt
01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
My oh my, what can change in only a few months. I posted this same poll a few months ago and it was overwhelmingly in Jack's favor.

Yeah, it's strange that time seems to impact (thanks Jay) things. Maybe we should commision a study on the topic.

:fight:

PacerMan
02-01-2006, 12:16 AM

Yeh, but SOME of us have been solidly behind Fred for 2 years now.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I blindly voted Freddie just because of how bad Jack was tonight. I didnt see the game, but his stat line looks absolutely horrible. 5 pts in 40 mins?? He did have 5 assists though, Ill give him that. Im starting to think Jack actually wants to be traded now. Either that or he knows hes going to be traded and just doesn't care anymore.

In actuality, I still think Freddie should come off the bench. He gives us that spark off the bench..

On the other hand if we are gonna keep Danger on the bench, then I guess he could be our sixth man and Freddie could start.

@jrm7one I dont think Peja can play the 4, thats just crazy. And I think its unfair that you lump AJ in with the cancers. He might make some stupid mistakes, but he can still be a part of a flowing offense even when hes not scoring, unlike Jax. People have been saying hes a cancer now just because of that one technical for leaving the floor slowly, I think thats a bit unfair.

Los Angeles
02-01-2006, 12:41 AM
I blindly voted Freddie just because of how bad Jack was tonight. I didnt see the game, but his stat line looks absolutely horrible. 5 pts in 40 mins?? He did have 5 assists though, Ill give him that. Im starting to think Jack actually wants to be traded now. Either that or he knows hes going to be traded and just doesn't care anymore.

In actuality, I still think Freddie should come off the bench. He gives us that spark off the bench..

On the other hand if we are gonna keep Danger on the bench, then I guess he could be our sixth man and Freddie could start.

@jrm7one I dont think Peja can play the 4, thats just crazy. And I think its unfair that you lump AJ in with the cancers. He might make some stupid mistakes, but he can still be a part of a flowing offense even when hes not scoring, unlike Jax. People have been saying hes a cancer now just because of that one technical for leaving the floor slowly, I think thats a bit unfair.
Spark off the bench?! We need spark off the tip more than anything.

jrm7one
02-01-2006, 12:58 AM

Looking at the team we have right now, Peja and Granger are simply better than our other options at forward until Jermaine gets back, regardless of where they play.

And I've been calling AJ a cancer ever since he started getting more than 15 minutes a game (or whenever Jamaal was injured).

Jose Slaughter
02-01-2006, 01:10 AM

Call me Mr. Trend Setter :D

317Kim
02-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Neither.

I'd love to keep Freddie as a guy coming off the bench, because that is where he's best suited to play. Bring some needed energy, and some penetration/slashing on the offensive end to mix things up.

Stephen Jackson just flat-out should not even be on this team.

I agree with everything.

Over the past two games, Jack has hit 7-31 FGs.

Unclebuck
02-01-2006, 08:24 AM
They just don't have any spark.

The spark is gone he is out west now.

Also Foster being out hurts also, he provides some of the hustle plays

btowncolt
02-01-2006, 08:25 AM

I said spark, not combustible fluid.

PacerMan
02-01-2006, 09:28 AM

that would be the STENCH that is out west now.

The spark is in the MASH unit with Jermaine,Tinsley,Bender,Foster,,,,.

ChicagoJ
02-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Who should be the Pacers starting shooting guard - Fred Jones or Stephen Jackson?

Peja Stojakovich

Brian
02-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I put freddie...even though I think I Stephen is a better starter than Fred.I think Fred doesnt get into "cry baby ***** mode" when he has to come off the bench.And Sjax does sometimes.