PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

Harddrive7
01-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Or does tonight seem like the opening night of the season? I actually can't wait for the game to start. This is awesome. I'm excited again!

Dukins
01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah i kind of feel the same way. Hopefully this will be the start of something special. Seeing JO and Peja together was priceless. Hope the become a great 1-2 punch one day.

Well cheers to Peja playing tonight and a great second half of the season. Get Well Soon JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChicagoJ
01-31-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm pumped up, but for a completely different reason.

My basement "theatre" is nearing completion, and my new big television was delivered Sunday. Can't wait to watch the Pacers on it.

Unfortunately, DirecTV won't install my HD upgrade until -next- Tuesday, so I'll watch the Super Bowl on a great new television, but not in HD.

:sigh:

mugsy27
01-31-2006, 01:38 PM
im with ya...i have been so frustrated lately that i have become almost disinterested in the 'cers. (and im payin almost $200 for the damn nba tix)

now i cant friggin wait till game time!! :buddies:

Harddrive7
01-31-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm pumped up, but for a completely different reason.

My basement "theatre" is nearing completion, and my new big television was delivered Sunday. Can't wait to watch the Pacers on it.

Unfortunately, DirecTV won't install my HD upgrade until -next- Tuesday, so I'll watch the Super Bowl on a great new television, but not in HD.

Should have went with an LCD projector, about 2000 Lumens. But you're going HD so, smaller image but cleaner.

ChicagoJ
01-31-2006, 01:57 PM
I thought long about the LCD projector, but the advise I got was that this room (especially the 7' ceilings, but also a little bit of crossing light from the windows) was not ideal for a projector.

I've got a 52" DLP. I might've been okay with 56" size-wise, but not much bigger than that, so the other benefit of the projector (enormous screen) would have been wasted in this room.

MagicRat
01-31-2006, 02:08 PM

If it's got HD built in, you may be able to pick up the game with some rabbit ears.........:whoknows:

ChicagoJ
01-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but its in the basement.

I tried the other night, and I couldn't get any stations (regular or HD).

I've thought about buying one of those amplified indoor HD antannas and then returning it shortly after the game. But I'd still probably need to set it up upstairs.

RWB
01-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Jay, how far are you away from the broadcast towers?

Hicks
01-31-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm excited too. I'd be hyped if I didn't have a ridiculous amount of work to get done tonight when I get home around 4. :(

bnd45
01-31-2006, 02:25 PM
It's time for the Boom Baby Brigade to salvage the season.

Deadshot
01-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I've been waiting a long time for tonight's game, but I won't be able to watch it because I'm at work. Too bad NBALP isn't free this week as well, or I might be able to watch it there (I only have LP at my house).

ChicagoJ
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Jay, how far are you away from the broadcast towers?

I think I'm fifteen to twenty miles from the towers - but I guess I don't know exactly where the towers are in Chicago.

Pacers#1Fan
01-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm very excited about tonights game. I'd feel a lot better about if we had JO and Tins though.

RWB
01-31-2006, 04:04 PM
I think I'm fifteen to twenty miles from the towers - but I guess I don't know exactly where the towers are in Chicago.

Jay, if you're that close you should be able to get the signal by grabing some
coax and just a decent indoor antenna. My recommendation is the Zenith Silver Sensor. It's very directional (which it is suppose to be) and only costs around $30 bucks.

This is what it looks like http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/silver.html

Watch the game and then take it back since it will not receive all the channels you would like.

P.S. Sorry guys, back to the normal conversation of this thread.

ChicagoJ
01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

I think, just for Sunday, I'm going to do just that. The antannae I horsed around with had a very short, built-in coax, so I could only experiment with basement-quality reception. I assume I'd need R6 and not R59?

indygeezer
01-31-2006, 05:42 PM
OK just HTH do you guys get the ol' warlord to approve such a device????????

Heck, I'm still on my 16 year old GE Floor Model 26" screen that just won't break. I'm hating that wood cabinet. :censored:

I have twice put out cash and said I sold XYZ (usually a shotgun or bow) let's think about that big screen now. But things like new counter tops and replacment of rotted window sills seem to be of more importance to her :censored: This time when she stalled I ordered myself a custom built Dulcimer....that'll learn her.

Pacesetter
01-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Or does tonight seem like the opening night of the season? I actually can't wait for the game to start. This is awesome. I'm excited again!

No doubt about it ... even had to stop by Conseco and get a fix on the way home. Bring on the games! :cool:

Suaveness
01-31-2006, 06:22 PM
I have class from 7-9:30....

indygeezer
01-31-2006, 06:25 PM

I have Lions Club mtg. from 6:30 to 8:30:censored:

Suaveness
01-31-2006, 07:05 PM
I have Lions Club mtg. from 6:30 to 8:30:censored:

At least you aren't learning :-p

(or trying to re-learn stuff that I'm already supposed to know, but well...)

btowncolt
01-31-2006, 07:05 PM
My date for the game won't call me back.

There's a 1,000th time for everything.

Mr. Pink
01-31-2006, 07:09 PM
I pretty pumped to hear the recaps of this game :( I have class tonight 6-8:50. Might be able to catch the very very end of it.

It might be nice that JO and Tins are out tonight. This way we can get a little hint of how Peja and Jax are going to work together.

ChicagoJ
01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
OK just HTH do you guys get the ol' warlord to approve such a device????????

Heck, I'm still on my 16 year old GE Floor Model 26" screen that just won't break. I'm hating that wood cabinet. :censored:

I have twice put out cash and said I sold XYZ (usually a shotgun or bow) let's think about that big screen now. But things like new counter tops and replacment of rotted window sills seem to be of more importance to her :censored: This time when she stalled I ordered myself a custom built Dulcimer....that'll learn her.

Well, I've stalled on this purchase for long enough. Finally, I just said, "Since my team's playing in the Super Bowl, I'm going to go ahead and get that tv now."

I must've just said it with enough authority and finality that she just said, "okay, sounds good."

Besides, Best Buy bent over backwards on price and threw in a few goodies, including 36-mo same as cash. And that never hurts.

01-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Yea i feel like that to a bit... but not completly, not until JO gets back! Then i will feel like we are reborn!

GO!!!!!
01-31-2006, 07:25 PM
It's Pacer Time...

btowncolt
01-31-2006, 07:26 PM
My date for the game won't call me back.

There's a 1,000th time for everything.

Whew, finally called back.

sweabs
01-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Whew, finally called back.

What are you waiting for?!

Unclebuck
01-31-2006, 09:16 PM

After watching the first half I wished I had class. Granger was the only guy who was worth anything

317Kim
01-31-2006, 09:21 PM
:nod: DANGER DANGER DANGER! He's the man.

I must admit I was VERY EXCITED for tonights game, but so far what we saw in the Cleveland game was a tease. Hope we pick it up in the 2nd Half.