PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have inside info on practices?

dryles
01-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm wondering how practices are going with Peja in the mix. If anyone's heard anything, let us know!

Hicks
01-31-2006, 11:18 AM
The closest thing (and it's not much at all, but suggest things have gone well) is from this article on IS:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060131/SPORTS04/601310415/1088

Pacers coach Rick Carlisle has put in new plays to accommodate Stojakovic's shooting ability. He'll speed up the tempo, try to free him in transition and run him off double screens.
"I was looking for that (in Sacramento)" he said. "It's different when you come off two screens.
"There were plays for me in Sacramento, but the team was never known for setting screens. We were known for moving the ball and making backdoor cuts. The only set plays were coming back from a timeout."

MagicRat
01-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Mike Wells was too busy poking AJ with a stick to get that kind of info.......:-p

Pacers#1Fan
01-31-2006, 12:07 PM
We'll see just how well things have gone at about 7:00 tonight.

penn13
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Mike Wells was too busy poking AJ with a stick to get that kind of info.......
Right on MR. This guy's number one priority is to write about Pacers' controversy. If he can't find any, he starts some himself.

Roaming Gnome
01-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Right on MR. This guy's number one priority is to write about Pacers' controversy. If he can't find any, he starts some himself.

:rollout: Ummm... Last time I checked, the Indianapolis Star is suppose to report the news, good, bad or indifferent...not be the PR arm of the Indiana Pacers.

Mike Wells, Job well done!!! At least with Mike, all Pacer articles are not just typical fluff!