PDA

View Full Version : Could we get Baby Al back?

Moses
01-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Is there a possibility after this season is done with that we could get Baby Al back? I am really regretting the Stephen Jackson trade now. I've been watching a few Hawks games in my spare time and he is looking awesome. Near all-star level right now. So assuming we do resign Peja, Is there any way at all we can get him back? Perhaps a sign and trade of some type to send them a PG/low post player?

rabid
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
His whole reason for leaving was that he wanted to be a star/starter.

If he came back he'd be competing for minutes with J.O., Granger, and Cro - unless you move J.O. to the 5 permanently, which is a bad idea IMO (and probably one of the reasons J.O. keeps getting hurt).

Kstat
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't see any way.

They only Pacer they'd really want that badly would be tinsley, and his BYC status makes him nearly untradable.

Dr Huxtable
01-30-2006, 09:27 PM
He's a FA at the end of this season isn't he? If so then there's definitely a chance we could get him back, but unless we started JO at C and Al at PF he would still be coming off the bench likely, behind Peja/JO.

Anthem
01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Yup. As a free agent.

As a trade? No way.

Moses
01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
I think you could play him at PF..But I forgot we had Peja. So I guess it really doesn't matter. But he would start over Cro at PF if we did go small with JO at center.

PCC87
01-30-2006, 09:36 PM
I don't regret that we traded Al for Stephen. We shoudl try to accquire Al. We will hopefully have some extra cash if and when Bender retires...

sixthman
01-30-2006, 09:36 PM
They only Pacer they'd really want that badly would be tinsley, and his BYC status makes him nearly untradable.

That's not true any longer. The new cba's 125 percent differential in allowable trade salary has made trading BYC playes much easier, especially when dealing with a team like the Hawks who is a few million below the cap.

For example:

Atlanta Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Tony Delk
Al Harrington

Incoming
Scot Pollard
Jamaal Tinsley

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Scot Pollard (exp contract)
Jamaal Tinsley

Incoming
Tony Delk (exp contract}
Al Harrington

Successful Scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2879051.

Kstat
01-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I think they'll dangle Al in order to get the best PG or C that they can.

Tinsley could definately be in the mix.

Of course, this is all assuming they've given up hope of re-signing him, which I hadn't heard yet.

Moses
01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I like the lineup of Runi, Freddie, Peja, Baby Al, and JO. But I seriously doubt that would ever happen.

Roaming Gnome
01-30-2006, 09:53 PM
How many SF's do you want on this team??? Let me get this strait, you would want a trade to bring in someone to play out of their natural position?

Bottom Line, Al isn't comming back.

indytoad
01-30-2006, 10:02 PM
How many SF's do you want on this team??? Let me get this strait, you would want a trade to bring in someone to play out of their natural position?

Exactly - we need guards and centers. Forward is about the only position we're solid at. Besides, I don't see any reason to recreate the logjam of two years ago, especially with Granger in the mix now.

IndyToad
Crossing a dry lakebed

brichard
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Al is not the solution to the Pacers IMHO. I like him but he is inconsistent and you have to worry a little about his whell long term. We need no injury risks whatsoever with this very fragile team.

able
01-31-2006, 05:26 AM
Yeah let's add Al, after all we only have one black hole on the team, we seriously need another one.
Al is putting up great numbers, playing good, playing for the Hawks.

Al will thanks to this play and thanks to a very meager market command a starting salary that will most likely eclips that of Peja, in other words look at 10 mio or more starting.

This is Al's BIG payday, the one he was after when he wanted out of here, he knew that coming of the bench (lol did he ever made a mistake there) he would not draw the attention and be able to showcast, he would not be getting offers like this.

Chances of Al returning to the P's are only there if Peja moves on and we can do a S&T for Al and Peja, and if you ask me would I do that then let me give you a resounding NO.

Pacers#1Fan
01-31-2006, 12:05 PM
We won't get Al back. He will be to expensive and Danny will be a lock as a starter next season.

PacerMan
01-31-2006, 12:58 PM
WHat most on this thread seem to be forgetting is that we are desperate for another low post threat. We have NONE with Jermaine out. (can't count Hulk yet)
Would give a WHOLE BUNCH to have Al for Jax back. With AL down low and Peja out high, we would at least have a fighting chance right now.