PDA

View Full Version : Sifting thru the positives and negatives

scar
01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Find yourself on a one-way track? Unable to see the glass half full? Or are you the other way around? Think the Pacers are the greatest team ever?

With this season seamingly sabatoged (see former Pacer; current King), the Pacers are facing a possible lottery appearance. It sometimes becomes hard to really see the light, because after last year, being positive becomes very hard to do.

I suppose starting off, we should probably look at the negatives first.

scar's top 10 negatives of the 2005-2006 season

#10 In blowout losses (and wins), we no longer have that one guy we cheer for when he gets off the bench and gets some PT.
#9 Every one of the league's worst teams have beaten us.
#8 Webster's definition of injury has a Pacers logo.
#7 Anthony Johnson has no role or identity.
#6 After much hype, David Harrison has yet to deliver.
#5 The Pistons are much, much, much better than us.
#4 Our chances of a championship are non-existant.
#3 Reggie is no longer with us.
#2 Jermaine O'neal is out for a couple of months.
#1 Fred Jones/Peja will be coveted free agents by just about everyone.

Now that we've gotten the ugly out of the way, let's look at some positives.

scar's top 10 positives of the 2005-2006 season

#10 The uni's look nice (depending on who you ask).
#9 Despite being without Ron, our defense is still good.
#8 Rick Carlisle doesn't seem to be losing much more of his hair.
#7 Danny Granger looks like he'll be a solid Pacer for years to come.
#6 We got Saras.
#5 ESPN still talks about us.
#4 We're done with Ron for good.
#3 We got Peja.
#2 Fred Jones has developed into a consistant contributer.
#1 Pacers will get another solid draft pick.

Ok, so maybe I did a shabby job of listing everything in order or even listing the right things, but it's the thought that counts. With that said, here's to the 2006-2007 season. :buddies:

Moses
01-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey, it's ok. Just join the sunshine Brigade!!

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine: :sunshine::sunshine:

scar
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey, it's ok. Just join the sunshine Brigade!!

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine: :sunshine::sunshine:

I'm not sure that my fellow members of the David Letterman fan club would approve of that. :(

Los Angeles
01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Not a bad list, on both accounts.

SoupIsGood
01-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Who was hyping David? All I ever head was that he "simply isn't a NBA caliber player right now."

And before you say I was hyping him - no, I wasn't. I just wanted him to play. And he is. That's a positive. :)

Jermaniac
01-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Who was hyping David Harrison? During the summer league we were making it sound like he was a mini Shaq.

scar
01-31-2006, 07:46 AM
To follow up on my draft pick synopsis, the Pacers should have a decent pick like last year, even if they do dissapoint and make the playoffs. There are some good players coming out of this draft, although I wouldn't mark this being the deepest draft in history. I think the Pacers are going to go with a big man. I really think that would be the wisest place to go with the first pick. I know we need a 2 guard, especially if Fred leaves, but we need another quality big man too. We have one decent big man and his name rhymes with Flemaine. Foster, Pollard, Bender, Harrison, are all injury prone over overrated, even both.

With that said, the Pacers should be looking alot at Josh Boone should be in the draft. The UCONN Jr. is a pure defensive presence. He's a good shot blocker, good rebounder, has great mobility, can play either 4 or 5. And he matches the Pacers identity. I'd say if Bird doesn't go with a Euro in the draft, this guy has a good chance of being on the Pacers radar.

I would have said Sheldon Williams, because I'd love to get ahold of him, but I think he's gunna be gone way before we pick, although, I did say that Danny Granger would be gone before we picked and what happened? ;)

bluejrdn5
01-31-2006, 08:33 AM
:sunshine:

SoupIsGood
01-31-2006, 04:11 PM
To follow up on my draft pick synopsis, the Pacers should have a decent pick like last year, even if they do dissapoint and make the playoffs. There are some good players coming out of this draft, although I wouldn't mark this being the deepest draft in history. I think the Pacers are going to go with a big man. I really think that would be the wisest place to go with the first pick. I know we need a 2 guard, especially if Fred leaves, but we need another quality big man too. We have one decent big man and his name rhymes with Flemaine. Foster, Pollard, Bender, Harrison, are all injury prone over overrated, even both.

With that said, the Pacers should be looking alot at Josh Boone should be in the draft. The UCONN Jr. is a pure defensive presence. He's a good shot blocker, good rebounder, has great mobility, can play either 4 or 5. And he matches the Pacers identity. I'd say if Bird doesn't go with a Euro in the draft, this guy has a good chance of being on the Pacers radar.

I would have said Sheldon Williams, because I'd love to get ahold of him, but I think he's gunna be gone way before we pick, although, I did say that Danny Granger would be gone before we picked and what happened? ;)

We need a PG

naptownmenace
01-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Another positive, depending on your POV:

The East is so weak that even this injury-riddled team can probably make it in. :yes: :sarcasm:

DeAthrow
01-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Home sweet home.

By the way I am pretty sure Toronto has not beaten Indiana.

Moses
01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
I wonder if its possible to be in the lottery but still make the playoffs. This is the East afterall.

(I know it's not possible but I can dream right?)

Trader Joe
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Home sweet home.

By the way I am pretty sure Toronto has not beaten Indiana.

And you would be wrong. BTW The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun,....