PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question:

Snickers
04-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Can you take pictures during games at Conseco?

Kegboy
04-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Yup. Just ask MagicRat.

MagicRat
04-05-2004, 12:24 AM

No cameras allowed. I risk life and limb every game I attend, just so I can post some goofy comments on here...... ;)

Hicks
04-05-2004, 12:34 AM

No cameras allowed. I risk life and limb every game I attend, just so I can post some goofy comments on here...... ;)

So which is it? Don't they let you take still cameras in? Next time I go, I want to borrow my sister's digital camera to take some shots.

TheSauceMaster
04-05-2004, 12:45 AM
I don't think they allow camera's , someone told me they took a digital camera onetime and they refuse to let him take it in.

MagicRat
04-05-2004, 12:49 AM

So which is it? Don't they let you take still cameras in? Next time I go, I want to borrow my sister's digital camera to take some shots.

Ok, I don't really risk life and limb. :blush: Security sees my camera every time..............

TheSauceMaster
04-05-2004, 12:51 AM
Ok, I don't really risk life and limb. :blush: Security sees my camera every time..............

:rotflmao:

beast23
04-05-2004, 12:56 AM
It's always been a rule that they don't allow cameras. But it was never really enforced, as long as no flash pictures were taken during play.

Over the years, more and more cameras were flashing during play, so I believe now the rule is more heavily enforced.

I've taken a full size digital SLR in a camera bag with a full set of equipment into a suite and after the bag was checked, was not prevented from proceeding to the suite.

However, the security folks discovered a small digital camera with a built in flash unit in a purse of a lady that comes to our suite, and she was told that she couldn't bring the camera beyond the checkpoint. Rather than walk all the way back to the car, she surrendered her camera battery and they let her pass. Funny thing is, she always carries an extra battery in her change purse, so she was okay anyway.

But I really think it's hit or miss. Just depends on who checks you and to what extent you are checked.

My advice would be, if you attend games frequently, to go through the same checkpoint where you will probably be checked by the same guard, game after game. I always walk across the bridge at the East end of the lobby, and I'm rarely checked.

MagicRat
04-05-2004, 01:51 AM
It's always been a rule that they don't allow cameras. But it was never really enforced, as long as no flash pictures were taken during play.

Over the years, more and more cameras were flashing during play, so I believe now the rule is more heavily enforced.

I've taken a full size digital SLR in a camera bag with a full set of equipment into a suite and after the bag was checked, was not prevented from proceeding to the suite.

However, the security folks discovered a small digital camera with a built in flash unit in a purse of a lady that comes to our suite, and she was told that she couldn't bring the camera beyond the checkpoint. Rather than walk all the way back to the car, she surrendered her camera battery and they let her pass. Funny thing is, she always carries an extra battery in her change purse, so she was okay anyway.

But I really think it's hit or miss. Just depends on who checks you and to what extent you are checked.

My advice would be, if you attend games frequently, to go through the same checkpoint where you will probably be checked by the same guard, game after game. I always walk across the bridge at the East end of the lobby, and I'm rarely checked.

I guess they just like my looks....... :whoknows:

ChicagoJ
04-05-2004, 10:54 AM
I've also taken my wife's SLR and accessories (lenses, flash, etc.) to games, and I intend to take it Friday night, too. Security always sees it, the bag is a backback so they'll always ask me to open up something like that.

The posted signs surrounding The Fieldhouse are very clear: no video recordings allowed - there's a copyright issue. And you aren't supposed to use a flash with your 'still' camera but everyone knows that rule is impossible to enforce.

Snickers
04-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks. I think I'm going to bring a regular camera in my pocket, so I can get it by any picky security.

But I'll probably only use it in the case of meeting a player, not during opponent's foul shots. :blush:

TheSauceMaster
04-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Hehe, I have been patted down going to a few pacers games , some of the security can be real anal , so if they see a bludge in your pocket they are probably gonna make you take it out and show them anyways. I remember onetime the guy made me lift my shirt and take off my coat ...it's really a hit and miss game of getting a camera in..

MSA2CF
04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
You are allowed to bring cameras.
You are not allowed to bring video cameras.

MSA2CF
04-05-2004, 10:44 PM
If you are wondering why I'm so confident...

Question: Are cameras allowed at Conseco Fieldhouse events?

Still cameras with flash are allowed in the building during most sporting events, but are not usually allowed for concerts. Permitted cameras may not have long lenses or tripods. Binoculars are also permitted at Conseco Fieldhouse. However, camcorders are not allowed in the building.

Consecofieldhouse.com Proof (http://consecofieldhouse.com/faqview.asp?fan=GUEST2861C9D4709AAE2A855DD6519A1&tgid=&service=&code=&rid=&ref=&ad=&cat=30&name=%3Cb%3EGeneral+Questions%3F%3C%2Fb%3E+Parking %2C+Cameras%2C+Dining%2C+etc%2E#70)

p.s. btown, you're welcome :flirt:

TheSauceMaster
04-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Well I have never had a problem but I have heard of many people who have , so maybe some of the employees are clueless on this I dunno.

Snickers
04-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Thanks, MSA2CF. I might bring a copy of that page, just in case I get one of the persnickety guards.

Persnickety.... that's such a fun word.

:D

MagicRat
04-06-2004, 12:16 AM
If you are wondering why I'm so confident...

Question: Are cameras allowed at Conseco Fieldhouse events?

Still cameras with flash are allowed in the building during most sporting events, but are not usually allowed for concerts. Permitted cameras may not have long lenses or tripods. Binoculars are also permitted at Conseco Fieldhouse. However, camcorders are not allowed in the building.

Consecofieldhouse.com Proof (http://consecofieldhouse.com/faqview.asp?fan=GUEST2861C9D4709AAE2A855DD6519A1&tgid=&service=&code=&rid=&ref=&ad=&cat=30&name=%3Cb%3EGeneral+Questions%3F%3C%2Fb%3E+Parking %2C+Cameras%2C+Dining%2C+etc%2E#70)

p.s. btown, you're welcome :flirt:

So much for the good looks theory....oh well.......

TheSauceMaster
04-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Welp it's defintely Offical to me , I emailed someone at the Field House and they confirm Cameras are allowed.

STILL cameras are allowed. However, no video cameras are acceptable.

B. J. Matthews
Guest Relations Manager/
Accessibility Coordinator
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
125 South Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, In 46260
(317) 917-2734
(317) 917-2799 Fax
bmatthews@pacers.com
consecofieldhouse.com

ChicagoJ
04-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Welp it's defintely Offical to me , I emailed someone at the Field House and they confirm Cameras are allowed.

STILL cameras are allowed. However, no video cameras are acceptable.

B. J. Matthews
Guest Relations Manager/
Accessibility Coordinator
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
125 South Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, In 46260
(317) 917-2734
(317) 917-2799 Fax
bmatthews@pacers.com
consecofieldhouse.com

I know her - I used to work with her at AUL. She's got a heart of gold but I always teased her about going to work for Conseco Fieldhouse when she's such a big Knicks fan!!

Snickers
04-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Don't want to start a new thread for this, but how early before the games do they let you into Conseco?

ChicagoJ
04-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Don't want to start a new thread for this, but how early before the games do they let you into Conseco?

I think its ninety minutes before tipoff.

Snickers
04-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Thanks, Jay. :D

TheSauceMaster
04-07-2004, 05:16 PM

I think its ninety minutes before tipoff.

You would be correct ;)