PDA

View Full Version : Artest the workout warrier is BS

PacerMan
01-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Everyone see the quotes from Adelman about needing to sit Ron in the second half because he's not in shape, because he wasn't working out, BECAUSE HE DIDN"T EXPECT THE TRADE TO HAPPEN SO FAST?? What a load of horse****. The idiot is waiting to be traded to a new team for a new start and he shows up out of shape. WHat a dickhead.
THat's the third time since he came here that it's been said by TPTB that Ron's not been in shape. All the talk about him working out constantly sure doesn't seem to prove out.

Kstat
01-29-2006, 09:01 PM
You could be the biggest workout warrior in the NBA. If you miss as much time as ARtest has, you're going to be fatigued.

Evan_The_Dude
01-29-2006, 09:04 PM
^ what he said

PacerMan
01-29-2006, 09:04 PM
You could be the biggest workout warrior in the NBA. If you miss as much time as ARtest has, you're going to be fatigued.

He didn't say he wasn't in NBA shape, he said he wasn't in shape.
And the main point was the mention that he wasn't in shape BECAUSE HE DIDN"T EXPECT THE TRADE TO HAPPEN SO QUICKLY.
F'ing unbelievable.

Evan_The_Dude
01-29-2006, 09:07 PM
He didn't say he wasn't in NBA shape, he said he wasn't in shape.
And the main point was the mention that he wasn't in shape BECAUSE HE DIDN"T EXPECT THE TRADE TO HAPPEN SO QUICKLY.
F'ing unbelievable.

PacerMan calm down, he's a King not a Pacer. He's not our problem anymore :D

NZPacer
01-29-2006, 09:35 PM
:whistle:

With Ron, seeing is believing. After all the crap that has come out of his mouth the past years, I'm only going to believe him when I actually see it.

Therefore, for all we know, he could have worked out every day (like he said) or he could have done not much at all and spent all his time working on his albums. Hell, a possible reason as to why he didn't want the Sacramento trade to go on was because he was gearing up for a big push with an album around this time.

Anyway, I'm sick of trying to figure out Ron. His emotional instabilities are dead to me now :alcohol:

8.9_seconds
01-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey Guys! I've got an Idea, lets Rip on Ron even though he's long gone and what he does has nothing to do with us!

Speed Freak
01-29-2006, 09:51 PM
If it makes you feel any better (or worse) Artest seems to be doing just fine in tonight's game. He's got 34 minutes played and scored a bucket to send the game into overtime with 3 seconds left. Seems like he's pretty out of shape to me...

Come on guys, he's gone. Look - he wasn't going to work out here anymore and the Kings are willing to take a chance on him. He's their problem now. Let it go and lets move on to a new Pacers era minus Artest.

Unclebuck
01-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Ron played 39 minutes tonight, hit the game tying shot to send the game into OT.

He's in great shape for someone who hasn't played in about 8 weeks

Believe_in_blue
01-29-2006, 10:33 PM
The Kings would have won if they would have gotten some production from their bench. Ron and Bibby is a nice one-two punch.

Anthem
01-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Ron played 39 minutes tonight, hit the game tying shot to send the game into OT.

He's in great shape for someone who hasn't played in about 8 weeks
He's in great shape for somebody who HAS been playing.

sweabs
01-29-2006, 10:42 PM
The Kings would have won if they would have gotten some production from their bench. Ron and Bibby is a nice one-two punch.

True, but I'm interested in seeing if things change once Bonzi comes back.

In tonight's game, Artest held onto the ball for the full shotclock and then shot an airball. As he was running back down the court, Brad Miller yelled "Pass the ball!" at him. And, Bonzi has never been one to shy away from shots. In the first half especially, Ron took some shots that left me scratching my head.

PacerMan
01-29-2006, 10:46 PM
True, but I'm interested in seeing if things change once Bonzi comes back.

In tonight's game, Artest held onto the ball for the full shotclock and then shot an airball. As he was running back down the court, Brad Miller yelled "Pass the ball!" at him. And, Bonzi has never been one to shy away from shots. In the first half especially, Ron took some shots that left me scratching my head.

It's begun.....

PacerMan
01-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey Guys! I've got an Idea, lets Rip on Ron even though he's long gone and what he does has nothing to do with us!

Guess you're new here.......................

8.9_seconds
01-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Guess you're new here.......................

Hey, Ron's gone. It's over. I don't know if it helps you feel better about our team by blaming this whole season on him and cursing him everytime he's mentioned, but it's really not needed people get the point.

sixthman
01-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Everyone see the quotes from Adelman about needing to sit Ron in the second half because he's not in shape, because he wasn't working out, BECAUSE HE DIDN"T EXPECT THE TRADE TO HAPPEN SO FAST?? What a load of horse****. The idiot is waiting to be traded to a new team for a new start and he shows up out of shape. WHat a dickhead.
THat's the third time since he came here that it's been said by TPTB that Ron's not been in shape. All the talk about him working out constantly sure doesn't seem to prove out.

You go out and play 39 minutes in an NBA game.

Calling out Artest on his effort or conditioning makes you look like a bitter no-nothing looking for attention.

Stryder
01-30-2006, 06:30 AM
You go out and play 39 minutes in an NBA game.

Calling out Artest on his effort or conditioning makes you look like a bitter no-nothing looking for attention.

I concur.

Artest is probably in great, great shape. Far better than any of us here. I won't knock the guy because he isn't in game shape. The only way you can get into game shape is by playing in games, not by practicing.

Two different things...practice speed and game speed...

DisplacedKnick
01-30-2006, 07:12 AM
I concur.

Artest is probably in great, great shape. Far better than any of us here. I won't knock the guy because he isn't in game shape. The only way you can get into game shape is by playing in games, not by practicing.

Two different things...practice speed and game speed...

And Ron hadn't even been practicing - the gym, weights, etc. were all he had.

If his agent was smart (recent events have made that a very doubtful assumption) he told Ron not to even play in pickup games to avoid getting injured while waiting for a trade.

Pacesetter
01-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Anyone that has missed as much as Arse-T has missed will be fatigued. Ron's a great basketball player. In the ends of games he's easily pressured and tends to get way off track, but he's a great basketball player, just look at what Bibby said.

In the end, Ron's his own worst enemy.

SoThenRobbieSaid
01-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm going to have to go ahead and vote for the "So, Ron pretty much destroyed the last two seasons of Pacer basketball, so now everything that happens in Sac. will fall under the forum's watchful eye, and anything negative will not only be brought to attention, but viciously attacked" reason as to why we still talk about this.

Ron was my favorite Pacer. He made mistakes. He's gone now. Let's root for our team, folks, not dwell on the past.

I was glad to see he played pretty well last night. I wish him the best in Sac., and hope he gets to show both sides of his game, and blossom into one of the NBA's best.

That doesn't change the fact that I'm blue & gold, and that's what we should all be about right now.

For those of you that went, was there any game more emotionally charging than the game against Orlando after the Brawl went down last year? Or how about just this past game against the Cavs, where we all felt so proud of our team for going out and playing their hearts out? Beating the Heat all those times last year, when no one gave us a shot in the world? The fact that not only did we make the playoffs with what we had last year, but the fact we even made it to the second round? We split with Detroit last year during the regular season, then took them to six in the playoffs. Seeing the development of our young guys this year: Granger, Runi, and Harrison getting more and making the most of their PT, and Freddie showing he has become so much more than just highlight-reel material. ALL of those things, ironically, meant/mean so much because of Ron. In a sense, he rallied us around our troops without even knowing it. We've got to stick with that mentality, because it already seems that our team is losing support and popularity this year.

Whatever happens with Ron happens; it's in God's hands. I also know that the only thing we can do about anything that revolves around Pacer basketball is to be supportive and work with what we have.

Brian
01-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Well whichever team Ronnie ends up playing with before his carrer is over,Im always gonna be a fan of his.

I think he looked fine playing out there.Ron was probably just being Ron and was thinking he shouldve had a line like 40pts-15rebs-8steals-9asts.

Jermaniac
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
It's begun.....Hahah I bet the Kings fans dont want to believe that even happend.