PDA

View Full Version : Who would you start?

Hicks
01-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Next game is Tuesday. No Tinsley, no O'Neal. Who do you start?

For me:

Jasikevicius (though I know it will be AJ)
Jackson
Stojakovic
Granger
Harrison

As I already said I expect Anthony Johnson to get the starting nod tonight, but I'd rather keep the pecking order of Tinsley, Saras, and AJ, instead of having AJ leapfrog to the starting 1.

Granger needs to start. I think unless we're playing a huge team, he can handle himself at the 4, though he's best at 3. Theoretically we can put him at 3 when Peja goes out, and bring Cro in at that time.

Spicoli
01-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, this has exactly 0% chance of happening, but I would go with the following:

PG Sarunas
SG Jones
SF Peja
PF Granger
C Harrison

Jackson, AJ, and Cro can be the scorers off the bench.

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Sarunas
Jones
Peja
Granger
Croshere

In any case, I would like Saras to play PG at the same time as Peja is on court. That should be the best way to utilize them both in the long term.

317Kim
01-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Who I think will start:
AJ
Jack
Peja
Cro
Hulk

Who I wish would start:
Runi
Jack -- Fred off the bench is much better :)
Granger
Cro
Hulk

I wouldnt mind seeing Peja in the 2nd Unit these first few games. That'd bring plenty of energy!

Frank Slade
01-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Harrison -5
Granger -4
Peja -3
Jackson 2
Sarunas 1

Ant
01-29-2006, 06:27 PM
PG: Runi, although no way in hades is this gonna happen, he's our future leader in my opinion and what better time to get his feet wet than now
SG: Jack, even though i think Freddy has become a better 2 guard I can see Jacko throwing a :hissyfit: if he got demoted to the bench, plus theres no guarantee he will bring the scoring punch freddie does off the bench
SF: Strokavich
PF: Granger, the thing that scares me most about the trade is dangers minutes suffering, gotta start him Rick !!
C: HULK SMASH, We have no other choice plus he had his most impressive game of the season against cleveland, but are the refs ever gonna cut this guy any slack ?? One more thing, STAY ON YOUR FEET SON, your 7 feet tall. Although i like his aggressivness it can also be his greatest weakness.

Pacersfan.
01-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Sarunas - want to see him and Peja together
Peja - Why not see if he can play the 2.
Granger - I really don't like seeing him play the 4
Croshere - love his effort, can rebound, spread the floor, and drive
Harrison - he needs time to develop

rexnom
01-29-2006, 06:38 PM
I agree with the general sentiment of saras, jack, peja, granger, and harrison.

Saras - I would be intrigued to see him and Peja on court together. Imagine two great shooters who love ball movement.
Jack - I think he works better as a 2 and can guard 2s as well.
Peja - We're gonna need his scoring and shooting off the bat.
Danny - I think he can handle the 4. Besides, this is the best way to ensure his getting minutes.
Harrison - Same as Danny. Needs minutes to grow.

Pacesetter
01-29-2006, 06:45 PM
For me:

Jasikevicius (though I know it will be AJ)
Jackson
Stojakovic
Granger
Harrison

I like it, but I'd start AC still. Bring Granger off the bench because ya know he is going to bring it whenever he's inserted, Cro needs to get off right away, imo.

Jose Slaughter
01-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Harrison
Croshere
Granger
Jones
Jasikevicius

Hicks
01-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Those of you not starting Peja need to explain that for me.

rel
01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
im with hicks and frank slade

saras / sjax / peja / granger / harrison

Pacerized
01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Foster
Cro
Peja
Jax
Saras
These are the players that have earned it. I could live with Granger staring at the 4, but I'm not sure we want to experiment right now.

We'll see
Harrison
Cro
Peja
Jax
Johnson

Granger, Foster, Saras, and Jones will complete the 9 man rotation. All Harrison is good for is 15-18 min., so I'd rather see that coming off the bench. I'd like to see Johnson down to 10 min. with the rest going to Saras, but that won't happen either.

jrm7one
01-29-2006, 08:09 PM
I'd like to see:
Jackson
Miller
Rose
Davis
Smits

But... since that ain't happening...
Saras
Jax
Peja
Granger
Harrison

:)

Evan_The_Dude
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
C - Harrison
F - Croshere
F - Granger
G - Jackson
G - AJ
----

Hicks, instead of throwing Peja out there I'm thinking we should work him into the lineup. This doesn't mean he can't get 30 minutes either. This just gives Croshere the opportunity to start - where he's more effective, and get him into a flow if possible. If Croshere doesn't get off to a good start, then we can go with Peja while sliding Granger to the 4. This also gives us a stronger second unit.

If we had JO, I'd have Peja starting.

SoupIsGood
01-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Sarunas
Jones
Peja
Granger
Harrison

Roy Munson
01-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Yes, let's keep SJax in the starting lineup. We need more 6 of 20 shooting performances, a high turnover to assist ratio, along with temper tantrums and technical fouls.

SoupIsGood
01-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Yes, let's keep SJax in the starting lineup. We need more 6 of 20 shooting performances, a high turnover to assist ratio, along with temper tantrums and technical fouls.

:yes:

Lord Helmet
01-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Let me see.

Sarunas
Jackson
Stojakovic
Granger/Croshere (Either one)
Harrison

sweabs
01-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Since our next game is against Washington, I see no reason we shouldn't play Granger at the PF spot. He would be matched up against Jamison, and I like that. It's not like he'll be overpowered or something.

Pacers#1Fan
01-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Fred Jones
Peja Stojakovic
Danny Granger
David Harrison

AJ IS NOT A STARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Young
01-29-2006, 09:19 PM
PG: Saras
SG: Jackson
SF: Peja
PF: Croshere
C: Foster

6th man: Freddie
- Granger
- AJ
- Harrison

Saras and Croshere get the starting nods because I think that they will play well with Peja and Jackson. We go for a high scoring starting unit here. Foster is there to try and clear the glass, assuming he is healthy. I can't keep track of everyone that is injured anymore.

Freddie is the 6th man because he is the most versatile and reliable bench player. Granger comes off the bench due to Croshere playing better as a starter. This does not mean Granger wouldn't get more minuates though. Harrison comes off the bench to save his 6 fouls for later on in the game.

Los Angeles
01-29-2006, 09:31 PM
This is a much tougher question than I realized at first.

Jasikevicius
Jackson
Stojakovic
Granger
Harrison

Rotating in:

Johnson
Jones
Croshere
Foster

Fireball Kid
01-29-2006, 09:51 PM
C: Hulk
PF: The Crow
SF: Danger
SG: Peja
PG: Saras

This lineup probably won't happen, so I think

C: Hulk
PF: Danger
SG: Wacko Jacko
PG: Beetle Juice

As much as I despise Jacko and become nautious at AJ's play on offense, we need a 1-2 punch with Fred and Saras coming off the bench.

Suaveness
01-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Gill
AJ
Jackson
Croshere
Pollard

Hey, I need to amuse myself some way...

pizza guy
01-29-2006, 10:28 PM

I want to see Sarunas and Peja on the court together. DG and Hulk need all the playing time we can give them. SJax gets the starting nod by default because I don't think Freddie is a starter (man, I wish we could trade SJax in a hurry!).

brichard
01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
PG- AJ
SG- Jax
SF- Peja
PF- Croshere
C- Harrison

By starting this lineup you get some vets out there to get you in a groove. I don't care if Pollard or Harrison starts, b/c they will probably play equally. This also gives you the chance to have a pretty nice B team of:

PG- Saras
SG- Fred Jones
SF- Granger
PF- Foster
C- Pollard

I am one of the few people who likes having Saras come off the bench right now. The rotation gives us some consistency, we start off stronger with defense with AJ, and Runi gives us some pop off the bench. When your starting 5 aren't clicking you have to have somewhere to go.

I think both lineups here are pretty well balanced as well.

btowncolt
01-29-2006, 11:01 PM
AJ
Fred
SJ
Croshere
Harrison

Anthem
01-29-2006, 11:45 PM
AJ
Fred
SJ
Croshere
HarrisonOuch.

sweabs
01-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Who would I start against Washington?

AJ
Jackson
Peja
Granger
Harrison

Remember, it's Washington. I'm all for starting Saras, but do we really want him to be welcomed into the starting position guarding Arenas on the defensive end? I don't like getting their best player 'hot' from the outset of the game, while at the same time potentially digging ourselves into a hole.

However, maybe we're turning into a team that just needs to focus on outscoring our opponent?

btowncolt
01-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Ouch.

What? I'd rather not see Runi pick up 3 quick fouls trying to take on Arenas.

Peja shouldn't start, unless he earned the starting position in 3 days. If there's one thing I've consistently harped, regardless of what player, it's that no one should be on the court unless they've earned the spot. Now, Peja will more than likely start. That's fine with me given the circumstances of our team. And if he came in with a great attitude and just forced himself into the starting line-up immediately, all the better.

But when Peja is on the floor, I want a 2/3 who's capable of making up for the defensive lapses Peja is inevitabley going to have based on his lack of familiarity with our system and his numerous well-documented short-comings. Stephen Jackson isn't that player. Granger is.

Yes, I know you're then relying on 2 rookies and a new player to carry the team off the bench. But that's the nature of the beast when you're a team that can barely be described as medicore as of Tuesday, January 31 2006.

The Wizards have been playing better basketball since they got cute with their starters, and we're going to need some firepower off the bench.

AJ and Fred have enough scoring and defense to keep the game even while they're in. For the rest of the season, if we're going to win any games, it will have to be on Stephen Jackon's shooting, and this game will be no exception. Harrison will give us some size and activity to not get abused in the front court, if he can stay on the floor more than 30 seconds.

However, that doesn't mean that I want to see those 5 on the floor to close the game. This is just about who starts.

Fireball Kid
01-29-2006, 11:54 PM
AJ
Fred
SJ
Croshere
Harrison

Your joking, right?:mygod:

NorCal_Pacerfan
01-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Runi
Peja
Granger
Jax
Croshere

We seem to win games when Cro starts.

Believe_in_blue
01-30-2006, 12:04 AM
Saras
Jax
Peja
cro
Hulk

Anthem
01-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Andre Miller
Fred Jones
Peja Stojakovic
Kevin Garnett
David Harrison

Anthem
01-30-2006, 12:10 AM
But when Peja is on the floor, I want a 2/3 who's capable of making up for the defensive lapses Peja is inevitabley going to have based on his lack of familiarity with our system and his numerous well-documented short-comings. Stephen Jackson isn't that player. Granger is.
So is Granger playing the 2, or is Peja?

Kstat
01-30-2006, 12:26 AM
PG: Sarunas
SG: Jackson
PF: Croshere
C: Foster

You want to keep freddie as the 6th man to keep the bench alive. That lineup brings as good ball movement as you'll get with what you have.

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 07:17 AM
So is Granger playing the 2, or is Peja?

Granger. The Wizards don't have anyone at that position he can't guard.

bluejrdn5
01-30-2006, 08:42 AM
PG - Johnson
SG - Jackson
SF - Peja
PF - Croshere
C - Harrison

Bench - Granger , Saras , Jones , Foster(if avail) , Pollard(if avail).

MagicRat
01-30-2006, 09:12 AM
If there's one thing I've consistently harped, regardless of what player, it's that no one should be on the court unless they've earned the spot.

I thought if there was one thing you consistently harped, it was "AACK! PRIVATE POLL!"

Although that might've been btowncolt©.
I'm so confused.....:confused:

MagicRat
01-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh, and I'd go with:

Sarunas
Stephen
Peja
Austin
Hulkster

CableKC
01-30-2006, 01:15 PM
In my world.....I would start:

PG - Sarunas
SG - Freddie
SF - Peja
PF - Croshere
C - Harrison
6th Man - SJax

But I know that Carlisle goes with his best lineup always, so its likely to be:

PG - AJ
SG - SJax
SF - Peja
PF - Croshere
C - Pollard
6th Man - Freddie

01-30-2006, 01:46 PM
im with hicks and frank slade

Sign me up on that one... Granger is WAY to good to keep him on the bench.

waxman
01-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Saras/Granger/Peja/Cro/Harrison .... is what I'd like to see.... Peja running the 2 spot offensively but defending at the 3... i'm confident Danny can guard anyone at the 2/3 position.

But...it'll probably be.... AJ/Jack/Peja/Cro/Pollard.... mainly because Pollard has played with Peja. AJ/Jack are familiar with playing together...and Cro needs to get going early.

ChicagoJ
01-30-2006, 02:32 PM
I'd start...

Saras/ Peja/ Granger/ Croshere/ Harrison.

I don't really want Granger at the "4".

CableKC
01-30-2006, 02:44 PM
What I am curious about is how many more shots that SJax is gonna take over Peja. I wouldn't be surprised if the ball goes to SJax that it will remain with SJax....even if he is shooting blanks throughout the game.

Hicks
01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd start...

I don't either, but I feel better about that than I do Peja at the 2.

Slick Pinkham
01-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd start...

I'm OK with that as long as Danny can guard the shooting guard, not Peja.

Frankly I didn't think that was likely, but Danny's D on LeBron really showed me he can keep up with quick guys.

I realize that LeBron plays SF mostly, but he is quicker and more explosive than almost all shooting guards in the league, and so if Danny can cover HIM decently then I think he can also cover guys like Paul Pierce, Kobe, Maggette, Wade, etc. better then anybody else on our team, Jack & Fred Jones included.

ChicagoJ
01-30-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm either...

(1) okay with Peja guarding SGs because I think his length might help make up for his lack of footspeed. In other words, even if Fred Jones is better at getting around the screens - guys can still just shoot over the top of him.

Or,

(2) Completely loosing my ability to diagram a basketball defense, and maybe I should stick with a 3-4 zone blitz.

Not sure which.

:shrug:

sweabs
01-30-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd start...

I want Danny at the 3 as well, but against Washington I don't think it really matters.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
01-30-2006, 03:52 PM
AJ
Sjax
Peja
Cro
Hulk

As much as I hate SJax, and would like to see Granger start, I still think this would be best for the team. Just because Granger had his best game of the season last week doesn't mean he should start, although Id personally like to see him starting. And Id also like to Sara start for awhile, just to see what effect it would have on the team, but Im not sure hes earned it.

piksi
01-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Those of you not starting Peja need to explain that for me.

considering how badly You guys need scoring - not much to lose. He hasn't scored 20+ in a long long time - he is overdue (at least that is what kings fans thought the whole season)
If You had something going - it would be understandable not to mess around with it. When you are on a 5 game losing streak (it always sucks) - You might as well be desperate enough to risk something.

piksi
01-30-2006, 04:21 PM
SF: Peja *any nick-names for this guy?*

that is his nick name

Peja_16
01-30-2006, 05:43 PM
I'd go with:

Sarunas - Jones - Peja - Granger - Harrison

DeS
01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I would start:
Saras (I simply believe that he overall brings more to the floor than AJ)
*Someone at the position not named Jax* (I think Peja may be to early to start - we will see yet nothing spectacular as he would play very carefuly)
Granger (not yet dangwagoner, but... You can almost always count on him defensively)
Croshere (I wonder what our top plus/minus player can do with Saras (second) and Peja. Our offensive trio ;) )
Harrison (well, there is not much choice here)

This is very offensive oriented lineup, and maybe is not going to happen, but I would like to see this lineup after a couple of weeks playing together.

Jermaniac
01-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Saras-Jack-Peja-Cro-Foster

denyfizle
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
:sarunas:
:fjones:
:granger:
:no peja smiley yet???: shameful- just kiddin :-P
:harrison:

this lineup has no shot at all knowing RC, but still my choice.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
01-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Is anyone else besides me a little bit concerned with a Peja/Danger frontline being too small?

rabid
01-31-2006, 12:51 AM
AJ/Runi
Jax/Fred/AJ
Peja/Granger/Jax
Cro/Granger
Hulk/Pollard

Don't let the starters decieve you... I would probably rotate the players a bit position-wide at diff. points in the game. I would have Runi playing 30 min or so at the 1 overall, and Jax only playing 20 min or so at the 2 (with spot minutes at 3). Granger would get more minutes than Cro overall, and Pollard/Hulk would split the 5 spot equally (assuming Hulk stays out of foul trouble).

rabid
01-31-2006, 12:52 AM
AJ/Runi
Jax/Fred/AJ
Peja/Granger/Jax
Cro/Granger
Hulk/Pollard

Don't let the starters decieve you... I would probably rotate the players a bit position-wise at diff. points in the game. I would have Runi playing 30 min or so at the 1 overall, and Jax only playing 20 min or so at the 2 (with spot minutes at 3). Granger would get more minutes than Cro overall, and Pollard/Hulk would split the 5 spot equally (assuming Hulk stays out of foul trouble).

Hicks
01-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Added smilie:

:peja: