PDA

View Full Version : Weed-related poll

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 03:04 PM
I write in relation to the "Chris Andersen" thread. Some comments there generated my interest in the weed-in-sports related matters:)
In particular:

I bet I can name a few other guys who do drugs in the NBA and NFL pretty easily.

Being a pro and doing drugs is not all that un-common. I can probably name a few Pacers who do.

The problem comes when you are stupid enough to use during the regular season, esp. after baseballs "steroid" fiasco the last few years........

It wasn't weed that he was doing. I hear like 90% of the Pacers smoke though.

I wanted to add a poll to my post there, but apparently it can only be done by the author of the thread.

Many of you have seen Pacers for much longer time and more often than I have, and you've heard much more rumours than I have. Thus I want to ask you - in a playful and not offensive manner, of course - to identify who might be smokers among Pacers (if any). I add both Ron and Peja to the poll - purely due to being curious;)

18to88
01-29-2006, 03:07 PM
The person who told me (most of you know him) wouldnt say names but JO for sure (he was a Trailblazer), Tinsley probably, and I know from another person that Croshere does. It's more like which Pacer doesn't?

btowncolt
01-29-2006, 03:09 PM
:lurk:

18to88
01-29-2006, 03:09 PM
You should have added Reggie Miller to that poll too.

Evan_The_Dude
01-29-2006, 03:10 PM
There's only one that I would even be 50% sure of. But in respect to the entire team I'm not going to cast that vote because it's not proven.

Hicks
01-29-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.geocities.com/fotrpics/thumbs/27.jpg

"They should have all asked to borrow my personal stock" - Bilbo

18to88
01-29-2006, 03:26 PM
I like how all the white players have the lowest amounts of votes...racists ;)

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 03:38 PM
I like how all the white players have the lowest amounts of votes...racists ;)

I'm actually willing to give my vote for Saras - just to correct this situation :) But I have never heard any rumours about that side of his personal life, thus I'll withhold :)

18to88
01-29-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm actually willing to give my vote for Saras - just to correct this situation :) But I have never heard any rumours about that side of his personal life, thus I'll withhold :)

The guy in your avatar is a likely smoker.

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 03:46 PM
The guy in your avatar is a likely smoker.

No, can't be. He must have died 1.5 hundred years ago in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I don't think they had any weed there...
They did have "kava", however, - a stimulating drink that used to have some drug-reminding after-effect. :)

Jon Theodore
01-29-2006, 03:49 PM
All the votes for Jackson are wayyyy off base. For starters weed smokers are the most not violent people you will meet. I voted for Tinsley, because well....I am 100 percent sure he smokes. NO one will believe this but I actually myself have smoked in the presence of Jamaal Tinsley, because I knew a guy who is a major dealer in Indy.

I no longer smoke or do drugs of any sort. I was younger and this was about 2 years ago.

I really don't think Jackson does at all. He is way too violent/outspoken/the opposite of CALM.

So yeah I'd say most of your votes are racially motivated. I'm dissappointed in the results of this poll.

AND WHO THE HELL VOTED FOR GRANGER, THAT IS JUST A JOKE IF I'VE EVER HEARD ONE.

tadscout
01-29-2006, 03:52 PM
This is ridiculous and crazy… just what we (Pacer fans) need to be doing, speculating/ starting rumors about our own players…<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I think this should be deleted or at least moved to the shout box…<o:p></o:p>

18to88
01-29-2006, 03:54 PM
This is ridiculous and crazy… just what we (Pacer fans) need to be doing, speculating/ starting rumors about our own players…<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I think this should be deleted or at least moved to the shout box…<o:p></o:p>

Why? These people don't deserve special treatment. We can speculate all we want. I have news, they could care less about any of us. So who cares? It's a fun thread anyway.

Fireball Kid
01-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I voted Jamaal Tinsley.

Jackson can't be a weed smoker because he wants to fight anything that moves!

Jon Theodore
01-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Im glad someone else realizes that Jackson definetely doesn't smoke.

sweabs
01-29-2006, 04:02 PM
:lurk:

It gone, yo?

Hook me up.

Frank Slade
01-29-2006, 04:15 PM
I voted for..

http://www.gorillamask.net/blog/blogimages/walton_bill_hammock.jpg

:innocent:

Kstat
01-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I really don't think Jackson does at all. He is way too violent/outspoken/the opposite of CALM.

How do you explain Charles Barkley then? He freely admitted to smoking weed.

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 04:16 PM

He must be snuffing smth more serious then :-o

Just kidding...

Still, it reminded me of a scene from one Lynch movie ("Blue Velvet"), where an old guy snuffs some device with drugs for several seconds, takes a staring look into the cinecamera and yells "I'll f**k anything that mooooves, hah hah hah hah!!!" :)

McClintic Sphere
01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
It's an oxygen mask. Hopper.

ahhteeth
01-29-2006, 04:50 PM
This got me thinking, the key to Ronnie's (and pacers) was Jamison Brewer. I think when Brewer was here he found a few ways to keep Ron "calm". Just my speculation though, because when he was here we did win 61 games. Those were the good ol' days

317Kim
01-29-2006, 04:57 PM
What can I say?

They gotta "stay fly" .

Mr.ThunderMakeR
01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I agree with tadscout, this poll is stupid and pretty offtopic.

Convenient how the winners of the poll also happen to be the players that everyone hates...

And for those saying Jackson doesn't smoke because hes always confrontational, well I doubt hes ever high while hes on the court, at least I would hope so. Only people that smoke a lot (hippies) have their attitude permanently affected.

I can see this thread devolving into a flamefest about the legality of pot.

denyfizle
01-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Ronron takes X coz of his mood swings... Jacko takes crystal meth... I don't know if JT is a pot head but he sriously needs some anti depressants... Runi snorts coc... JO is definitely on a lot of VICODIN right now.... Rick Carlisle on the other hand is on a steady dose of Rogaine.

8.9_seconds
01-29-2006, 05:40 PM
I agree with tadscout, this poll is stupid and pretty offtopic.

Then why support it by posting and voting in it?

canyoufeelit
01-29-2006, 05:41 PM
There's a very disturbing lack of votes for Scot Pollard.

8.9_seconds
01-29-2006, 05:44 PM

haha, because Scot seems so natural, I don't think he needs drugs.

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 05:51 PM
haha, because Scot seems so natural, I don't think he needs drugs.

:) :D

Ant
01-29-2006, 06:13 PM
I know for a fact wacky jacky smoked the wacky tabacky while he was here in San Antonio. I know someone who made a special delivery to Jacko and his then housemate (Cherokee Parks) :hippie:

Los Angeles
01-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Where's the "it's none of my business" option?

Pacerized
01-29-2006, 08:14 PM

I agree, less the 50%. If I had to vote for only 1 player, it would have to be Pollard.

18to88
01-29-2006, 08:36 PM

awww, how sweet of you

PacerMan
01-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I voted Jamaal Tinsley.

That's incredibly naive. Pot smoking does not make you a pacifist. In fact pot represses hormones that keep one calm WHEN THEY AREN"T STONED. That's why so many potheads typically get angry while driving, are prone to angry outbursts, etc

Pacers#1Fan
01-29-2006, 08:55 PM
The first person that came to my mind was Rick Carlisle, I mean come on, he does start AJ.

Young
01-29-2006, 09:14 PM

Thank you.

I thought I was the only one.

I used to care or think it was my business if players smoked weed but it is so common now a days that I don't care who smokes that stuff nor do I really believe it matters.

Moses
01-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Thats the only guy I voted for.

We all know polly is sippin on gin and juice while smokin it up with Chris Anderson.

Los Angeles
01-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Thats the only guy I voted for.

We all know polly is sippin on gin and juice while smokin it up with Chris Anderson.
FWIW, Chris Anderson was caught for something else. Cannabis is not against the rules in the NBA.

dagrubbs
01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Bender def smokes....I've seen it happen seriously....tinsley for sure has to he shoots dice with some of my buddies and lets just say they all get high

Pacersfan.
01-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Let me just go on my social rampage for a minute. I don't know what the problem is with the teens and adults in them not understanding the repurcussions of stuff like this. I can't believe how people can't see further in the future than the next few minutes. This includes getting drunk and smoking. I know that getting drunk is a common occurance, but that does not make it right. I hear of so many people's livers that are completely wasted because of years of drinking. This is in 20 to 30 year olds as well. And don't even get me started on smoking.

I know peer pressure plays a large role, but it's hard for me to see how someone can force you into doing something you don't want to do (unless they use force of course).

LjuboDaMan
01-30-2006, 01:46 AM
peja and scot

FireTheCoach
01-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Oh Yeaaaahhhh....

Marijuanna and racism, two topics that seem to always find there way onto this message board.

This thread is even better in that it actually combines the two.

SWEET!

Pacesetter
01-30-2006, 07:28 AM
This is a funny poll! :laugh:

Since86
01-30-2006, 02:12 PM
All the votes for Jackson are wayyyy off base. For starters weed smokers are the most not violent people you will meet. I voted for Tinsley, because well....I am 100 percent sure he smokes. NO one will believe this but I actually myself have smoked in the presence of Jamaal Tinsley, because I knew a guy who is a major dealer in Indy.

You're joking right?

You say that you don't smoke anymore, so you're saying you once did, correct?

You must have hardly ever smoked, and didn't hang around people that smoked a lot.

Dependent users are VERY emotional. My bestfriend from grade-school is addicted, eventhough he'll never admit it, and he's one of the most high strung people I know.

Here's just a blurb from marijuanaaddiction.info

Longitudinal research on marijuana use among young people below college age indicates those who used have lower achievement than the non-users, more acceptance of deviant behavior, more delinquent behavior and aggression, greater rebelliousness, poorer relationships with parents, and more associations with delinquent and drug-using friends.

http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/effects-of-marijuana.htm

So, he CAN'T be a user because he's too violent?

Shade
01-30-2006, 02:15 PM
From what I'm starting to figure out, pretty much EVERYBODY smokes weed except for me. I guess I'm just abnormal like that.

Kstat
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
You're joking right?

You say that you don't smoke anymore, so you're saying you once did, correct?

You must have hardly ever smoked, and didn't hang around people that smoked a lot.

Dependent users are VERY emotional. My bestfriend from grade-school is addicted, eventhough he'll never admit it, and he's one of the most high strung people I know.

Here's just a blurb from marijuanaaddiction.info

Longitudinal research on marijuana use among young people below college age indicates those who used have lower achievement than the non-users, more acceptance of deviant behavior, more delinquent behavior and aggression, greater rebelliousness, poorer relationships with parents, and more associations with delinquent and drug-using friends.

http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/effects-of-marijuana.htm

So, he CAN'T be a user because he's too violent?

Agree totally.

I always wondered where the heck he got his info from....

OnlyPacersLeft
01-30-2006, 02:18 PM
The person who told me (most of you know him) wouldnt say names but JO for sure (he was a Trailblazer), Tinsley probably, and I know from another person that Croshere does. It's more like which Pacer doesn't?
I bet JO would love for his daughter to smoke weed eh? I wouldn't think cro would but hey w/e...
Tinsley always looks blazed and jack for sure does. I think saras,gill,granger don't...

Hicks
01-30-2006, 03:02 PM
From what I'm starting to figure out, pretty much EVERYBODY smokes weed except for me. I guess I'm just abnormal like that.

I've never smoked.

Gyron
01-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I've never smoked, or smoked weed. I didn't do drugs either.

I did however drink, and stilll do to this day...

Stryder
01-30-2006, 03:24 PM
I have smoked marijunana a few times, but it didn't do much for me, so I don't do it anymore...

I do enjoy the occasional Killians Irish Red or Samuel Adams...and I stress, OCCASIONAL...

SwissExpress
01-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Rytas_Jega:

I just noticed that you've voted for Saras. Is that due to some Lithuanian rumours about him that I don't know? Or did you do it just in order to deminish racial inequality in this poll? :)

stipo
01-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Rick Carlisle on the other hand is on a steady dose of Rogaine.
are you kidding me? the only Rogaine user in that locker room has a name that rhymes with "Boston Pro-shear".