PDA

View Full Version : Another team tried to sabotage Artest/Peja trade?

blanket
01-29-2006, 10:51 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13736478.htm

Did a competing team try to sabotage the Pacers' Ron Artest deal with the Kings for Peja Stojakovic?

The Pacers can't prove it, but they have a sense - and sources maintain they may be onto something - that one of the teams that was trying hardest to pry Artest from Indiana tried to convince the Kings that Artest wouldn't be happy in Sacramento. But the Kings went ahead with the deal after talking to Artest on Wednesday.

"I felt it, but I didn't know it," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said.

Lakers?

Having Artest sit in the owner's seats and behind the bench at games seemed bad enough, but did they actually try to kill this deal for their own benefit? Everyone knows LA is where Artest wanted to go, and the Lakers wanted him but would only make lowball offers...

Moses
01-29-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13736478.htm

Lakers?

Having Artest sit in the owner's seats and behind the bench at games seemed bad enough, but did they actually try to kill this deal for their own benefit? Everyone knows LA is where Artest wanted to go, and the Lakers wanted him but would only make lowball offers...
Strong possibility. I seriously doubt the Lakers want Artest guarding Kobe in the future...Because I get the feeling Artest could hold Kobe down to 20-25 PPG easily.

Hicks
01-29-2006, 11:39 AM
I could believe that. We know how Phil and Kobe felt, and they did give him tickets to two of their games.

Harmonica
01-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Sounds like Kupchak thought he might pull one over on the Pacers and force them into making a lousy deal. Heh. He got outmaneuvered.

Pacesetter
01-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Strong possibility. I seriously doubt the Lakers want Artest guarding Kobe in the future...Because I get the feeling Artest could hold Kobe down to 20-25 PPG easily.

If Artest gets angry he might break one of Kobe's ribs ... he seems proud of what he did to MJ. I have a question mark about the "accident" in Miami where Shaq went down.

When I replayed the game against Miami, I played the segment with Ron and Shaq underneath the hoop, and Ron looked as if he deliberately stepped underneath the big fella. When Shaq came down he landed awkwardly on Artst's foot. The rest is history. At that point in the game Miami started making a move on us and had the momentum. Who knows if he really meant it, but after reading his letter to Indy fans before he came down from Chicago, I began to wonder about this guy. Kobe would be on a gurney before he scored 81 against Arse-T! :crazy:

aceace
01-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Would you really want 350lb Shaq landing on your foot in any circumstance. He caught the tip of Mo-rons shoe. Had he caught the top of the arch they probably both would have went down. As far as LA trying to sabotage the Kings deal... ya I could believe that. He would be the guy to take them over the top as far as what he can do. IMHO if they did try and sabotage it, it was done through Mo-rons agent and not direct.

Hicks
01-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Ron in no way intentionally hurt Shaq. That's ridiculous.

Pacesetter
01-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Ron in no way intentionally hurt Shaq. That's ridiculous.

Yeah, sounds like it doesn't it ... watch the replay!

Hicks
01-29-2006, 12:41 PM
I did when it was new. He's looking at the ball, not Shaq's foot.

PacerMan
01-29-2006, 01:12 PM
If Artest gets angry he might break one of Kobe's ribs ... he seems proud of what he did to MJ. I have a question mark about the "accident" in Miami where Shaq went down.

When I replayed the game against Miami, I played the segment with Ron and Shaq underneath the hoop, and Ron looked as if he deliberately stepped underneath the big fella. When Shaq came down he landed awkwardly on Artst's foot. The rest is history. At that point in the game Miami started making a move on us and had the momentum. Who knows if he really meant it, but after reading his letter to Indy fans before he came down from Chicago, I began to wonder about this guy. Kobe would be on a gurney before he scored 81 against Arse-T! :crazy:

You've read too many conspiracy theorys. I saw that game and no way did it look like he undercut him. What are you, a Faker fan?

Pacesetter
01-29-2006, 01:40 PM
I did when it was new. He's looking at the ball, not Shaq's foot.

Sure seems weird in the replay it is very obvious that Shaq had gone up for the rebound and Artest had no chance on ball but subtly moved forward in Shaq's personal space after he'd left the ground making it incredibly difficult for Shaq to find real estate to land on. I don't put anything past Artest. Anyone who will brag about breaking another players ribs, especially MJ, is someone I feel is capable of anything! JMO! Hey, but it may have been harmless, and no one nationally ever made anything of it, so there you go.

Tim
01-29-2006, 05:43 PM

Running into Shaq is risking a career ending injury, not even Artest would risk that.

Moses
01-29-2006, 05:58 PM
You sound like a bandwagon Miami fan when you say things like that. It's clearly obvious that it wasn't intentional. Do you honestly want a 350 lb man landing on your foot? On top of that you have to have your foot in just the right spot to cause an akward landing.

Roaming Gnome
01-29-2006, 06:12 PM

:computer: You read too many of those idiots on that Heat's message boards...

:borg:They've taken your mind, and maybe your soul.....

:)

Evan_The_Dude
01-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah let me put my foot under a 350 pound guy so I can injure his ankle. We go from no-look passes to no-look intentional ankle injuries. Come on man, get real. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know a guy going for a rebound has to get his feet in position to go for it - which is what Ron was doing.

Pacesetter
01-29-2006, 06:42 PM
You read too many of those idiots on that Heat's message boards...They've taken your mind, and maybe your soul..... :)

nah ... just a strange looking sequence of events, but not nearly as strange as Ron taking a big wiff of Paul Pierce's arm pit - that was just kookie! lmao! :loser: