PDA

View Full Version : What about Reggie Evans for Eddie Gill?

hoopsforlife
01-29-2006, 07:36 AM
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/sonics/story/5489075p-4949523c.html

"Evans’ salary is relatively small, which makes it tough for the Sonics to get a quality player in return. They are seeking a backup point guard, particularly after Ronald Murray has proven he is incapable of playing that position effectively on a consistent basis."

He is Seattles best rebounder per minute but has lost his place since Bob Hill became coach.

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 07:52 AM
He's young, his numbers are better than Kwame Brown's, he's a PF and a fine defender, his salary is to come off the books after this season.

Why would they give him for Eddie Gill?

hoopsforlife
01-29-2006, 07:56 AM
He's young, his numbers are better than Kwame Brown's, he's a PF and a fine defender, his salary is to come off the books after this season.

Why would they give him for Eddie Gill?

It says they are looking for a backup point guard and salaries should be close. I haven't looked though.

You could insert AJ here and make me very happy. I think he would help us now and we need help now. So it would be a good thing. :shrug:

SwissExpress
01-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Well, salaries do match, but...

Nobody gives good young cheap PFs for Gill.

Roaming Gnome
01-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I don't see Eddie Gill getting that done. They probably want a "decent" backup PG. AJ would probably be what they are looking for, but we are in no position to give him up.

blanket
01-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Instead, how about AJ for Evans and Murray?

The latest rumor is a possible trade of Evans and Murray for Marcus Banks - I think AJ is a better backup than Banks.

Hicks
01-29-2006, 10:47 AM
He is. AJ for Evans and filler would be a good deal.

Pig Nash
01-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Umm, if we trade AJ, we would have to use Eddie Gill. :suicide:

recap
01-29-2006, 11:08 AM
How about Tins for Evans and Murray.

Kstat
01-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Both Reggie Evans and Flip Murray signed 1-year contracts which makes them untradable, I believe.

recap
01-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Both Reggie Evans and Flip Murray signed 1-year contracts which makes them untradable, I believe.

Wouldn't Tins BYC actually help get closer to Evan's low contract?

Kstat
01-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't Tins BYC actually help get closer to Evan's low contract?

recap.

When a restricted FA signs a 1-year tender offer from its team (which Murray and Evans both did), they cannot be traded. I'm pretty sure that's the rule.

A BYC player is almost impossible to trade, but its possible. a 1-year tender player can't be traded at all.

I believe this is so teams can't keep a restricted FA around for 1 more year for the sole purpose of trading him.

blanket
01-29-2006, 11:17 AM

My understanding is that they aren't untradable, but 1) would have to agree to the trade, and 2) would lose their Bird rights.

Doesn't sound very conducive to a trade, true, but there's a lot of trade speculation going around about them both so presumably all parties would be amenable to getting a trade done.

recap
01-29-2006, 11:19 AM
recap.

When a restricted FA signs a 1-year tender offer from its team (which Murray and Evans both did), they cannot be traded. I'm pretty sure that's the rule.

A BYC player is almost impossible to trade, but its possible. a 1-year tender player can't be traded at all.

I believe this is so teams can't keep a restricted FA around for 1 more year for the sole purpose of trading him.

Thanks.

Kstat
01-29-2006, 11:19 AM
My understanding is that they aren't untradable, but 1) would have to agree to the trade, and 2) would lose their Bird rights.

Doesn't sound very conducive to a trade, true, but there's a lot of trade speculation going around about them both so presumably all parties would be amenable to getting a trade done.

Oh yeah, that's it.

They have built-in no-trade clauses, and they get penalized if they waive them.

I was trying to figure out what the exact rule was.