PDA

View Full Version : OT: Computer game problem

Hicks
04-03-2004, 08:56 PM
First, make sure you have the latest patch:

http://www.easports.com/games/nbalive2004/patches.jsp

Hicks
04-03-2004, 09:02 PM
If it were me, I'd google for any mention of this in NBA Live 2004. Also try looking in message boards of NBA Live.

skyfire
04-04-2004, 12:02 AM
there were really good forums at nbalive.org (www.nbalive.org) but the website seems to be stuffed atm.

Hicks
04-04-2004, 01:50 AM
any recommendations for the best Xbox basketball game??

as of now? Live. Xbox used to have its own version called Inside Drive, but 2004 is the final year for that. Some will say ESPN, but I feel Live is better if you know how to play defense.

TheSauceMaster
04-04-2004, 02:03 AM
I prefer Inside Drive also

tate
04-04-2004, 02:13 AM
Might wanna try turning down hardware acceleration for your sound card in DirectX

tora tora
04-04-2004, 04:18 AM
what are the system recommendations, and what are your system's specs? I'd uninstall and reinstall...

Bball
04-04-2004, 04:49 AM
Video drivers....
Video drivers....
Video drivers....

Get the latest Dirext X (Last I know of is DX9b tho it could be higher now) from Microsoft.

Get the latest drivers for your video card (Even if you have the latest from their website you might need to find some even more recent BETA drivers). Sometimes you have to roll back to find some that will work with some games. If you've recently changed video cards that could be part of the problem (remnants of the old drivers lurking). Report back on that aspect with old video card model and what you have now.

Soundcard is next idea tho you can disable your soundcard in Device Manager and try to load the game without sound. If it loads without sound then that pretty much tells you it is your sound drivers messing you up.

Chipset drivers for your motherboard is another area to keep upgraded.

Mobo BIOS could need an upgrade tho I've rarely found that to be the answer for program specific problems.

What computer do you have and what video card and soundcard?

I see you've already patched the game.... did it run before you patched it? Did you try?

-Bball

Bball
04-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Video drivers....
Video drivers....
Video drivers....

Get the latest Dirext X (Last I know of is DX9b tho it could be higher now) from Microsoft.

Get the latest drivers for your video card (Even if you have the latest from their website you might need to find some even more recent BETA drivers). Sometimes you have to roll back to find some that will work with some games. If you've recently changed video cards that could be part of the problem (remnants of the old drivers lurking). Report back on that aspect with old video card model and what you have now.

Soundcard is next idea tho you can disable your soundcard in Device Manager and try to load the game without sound. If it loads without sound then that pretty much tells you it is your sound drivers messing you up.

Chipset drivers for your motherboard is another area to keep upgraded.

Mobo BIOS could need an upgrade tho I've rarely found that to be the answer for program specific problems.

What computer do you have and what video card and soundcard?

I see you've already patched the game.... did it run before you patched it? Did you try?

-Bball

I understand enough of that to tell you that none of that should really be a problem. If I can run Madden 2004 and MLB 2004 (both have the same system specs as NBA Live 2004), then I should be able to run this. And I can run those, but not this one.

You'd think... but then NBA Live2004 doesn't work does it? :unimpressed:

System specs tell you nothing of the 'little' things and just because EA Sports published the game doesn't mean the same programmer(s) programmed it using the same techniques and routines. Even if they did, new ideas and implementations pop up all the time.

So being able to run Madden 2004 and MLB2004 really tells you only that your system, once configured proplerly, can most likey run NBA 2004. Not that it will run it out of the box.

-Bball